• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to not smoke everyday

HezzaD

Bluelighter
even though it highly benefitsw my illnesses bipolar and fibromyalgia i need to not smoke everyday.
im currently smoking a ten bag a day a gram tenners worth, i smoke it on a little chamber pipe shaped like a bong.
i cant keeo smoking everyday honestly i won 5grand most of it went on ounces of weed to smoke.
i was smoking an eighth a day at one point.

Fill your free time with things that don't involve smoking.

If you're focused on getting high all day, you're going to get high all day. You need to cultivate other interests and hobbies that take up your full attention and allow you to forget your desire to get high.

What works is different for everybody. Picking up an exercise routine is usually a good bet, though, along with actively trying to learn/develop new skills like cooking, woodworking, new languages, landscaping, gardening, botany, just whatever suits you. Read hella books. Get a second (or a first) job, and don't show up high every day. Control yourself so that you don't smoke until a set time every day, or at fixed intervals, or, again, whatever works best for your situation.

also, i find it's easier not to smoke if you hold off on taking your first toke for as long as possible each day.
if you can wait til evening, you've most likely reduced your potential daily consumption considerably.
once i've had that first smoke, though, i'll usually end up smoking more and more throughout the day (when i'm smoking heavily - i have pretty good control over it nowadays)

also, i find it's easier not to smoke if you hold off on taking your first toke for as long as possible each day.
On a days I don't work I generally don't some before 4:20 PM, baring those rare occasions I do wake and bake.

if you can wait til evening, you've most likely reduced your potential daily consumption considerably.
once i've had that first smoke, though, i'll usually end up smoking more and more throughout the day (when i'm smoking heavily - i have pretty good control over it nowadays)

Yeah personally I get more done if I smoke in the evening so I do that.

Also not buying weed is really good at helping you cut down. Can't smoke'em if you don't have'em.

Last edited:
One of the biggest things I found was cutting back on coffee. The more caffeine I have at work the more likely I am to toke when I get home.

I regularly deal with a fluctuating tolerance. I visit a friend in Colorado a few times a year and always have a problem smoking less once I return to my home state. All you need to do is whatever it takes to not buy more. Once you have no tolerance in like three weeks to a month do whatever you want. I tend to read or play video games as they tend to be more stimulating for me when I'm sober anyways.

do not purchase so much, budget what you spend, keep the stock low, which will then it turn help you smoke less, but you will also pay more not buying in bulk.

Get into meditation... It strengthens your mental discipline. I like weed (maybe a little too much), but I can confine it to just the weekends because I meditate twice a day & fill my day with other productive activities, including social stuff.

I'm not the same person without weed... It helps me in certain ways... So I make sure I control it, rather than it control me.

even though it highly benefitsw my illnesses bipolar and fibromyalgia i need to not smoke everyday.
im currently smoking a ten bag a day a gram tenners worth, i smoke it on a little chamber pipe shaped like a bong.
i cant keeo smoking everyday honestly i won 5grand most of it went on ounces of weed to smoke.
i was smoking an eighth a day at one point.

There is a product called 'kitchen safe' that is a container used for locking cookies and other stuff for a set amount of time. You just put whatever you want inside, put the lid on, spin the dial to increase the minutes/days/weeks and push a button and it locks whatever is inside. The only way to open it is to smash the container, which is doable.

Definitely easier said than done but I've found a good way to curb my desire for cannabis is to do things I enjoy such as drawing, video games, and sex. This can backfire though, because all of these things I've done high and sometimes while doing them sober I wish to enhance the experience by getting high. Maybe not the best harm reduction advice either but smoking cigarettes also helps to an extent.

There is a product called 'kitchen safe' that is a container used for locking cookies and other stuff for a set amount of time. You just put whatever you want inside, put the lid on, spin the dial to increase the minutes/days/weeks and push a button and it locks whatever is inside. The only way to open it is to smash the container, which is doable.
Not the best thing for addiction but holy shit is that revolutionary
If I took a break from weed (Currently doing that, it's really not hard for me because I very very rarely buy large amounts) and I put 1/2 oz in that thing I would be watching like a hawk on that timer, thinking of it through the day and counting how many hours left. Not really something you should be doing if you're trying to quit
To OP, I'd like to know the status of his attempts

Vaping will conserve buds and maybe give the lungs a break (go running, sports, lifting etc..).

i have no idea how to NOT smoke it if I still have it. So many tries- always failed.
so yes- not having it is probably the best idea.

not hanging out with stoners could help a lot, too

Not the best thing for addiction but holy shit is that revolutionary
If I took a break from weed (Currently doing that, it's really not hard for me because I very very rarely buy large amounts) and I put 1/2 oz in that thing I would be watching like a hawk on that timer, thinking of it through the day and counting how many hours left. Not really something you should be doing if you're trying to quit
To OP, I'd like to know the status of his attempts
Yeah, I've only ever heard of that being used drug-wise by pain management patients who have no one to dole out their meds that they need to take but are worried of abusing. And even with that, you still have to have the self control to only take one dose and lock the rest up and reset the timer, when you could easily just keep all the drugs out. In my case, if I needed to resort to something like that to attempt to moderate, I would rather just quit the drug altogether.

This holds true with my experience as well. I've had to learn to enjoy my time with a clear mind, and see it as s chance to get shit done in the day time. When I wake and bake I find myself taking little hits all day long to keep the buzz going. This behavior really takes away a lot of momentum and motivation. When I get shit done like work, study for school, and clean, then hold off on smoking until it's late (like 9pm or so). So when I do smoke I feel good I got some things accomplished and get to enjoy a nice strong buzz before I turn in for the night. As to not smoking everyday, I find it rather difficult. But I have managed to go from 5 bowls a day to just one at night. This stretches a quarter oz from about 3 days to 10 days.

Fill your free time with things that don't involve smoking.

If you're focused on getting high all day, you're going to get high all day. You need to cultivate other interests and hobbies that take up your full attention and allow you to forget your desire to get high.

What works is different for everybody. Picking up an exercise routine is usually a good bet, though, along with actively trying to learn/develop new skills like cooking, woodworking, new languages, landscaping, gardening, botany, just whatever suits you. Read hella books. Get a second (or a first) job, and don't show up high every day. Control yourself so that you don't smoke until a set time every day, or at fixed intervals, or, again, whatever works best for your situation.
^^^ Good advice! :)

^^^ I used to do it all the time until I found out that holding it for too long makes acid reflux issues a lot worse...:(

One of the biggest things I found was cutting back on coffee. The more caffeine I have at work the more likely I am to toke when I get home.
^^^ Yeah, using stims throughout the day will cause more demands on calming down, which may turn into an all-nighter easily if you have supplies...8)

Get into meditation... It strengthens your mental discipline. I like weed (maybe a little too much), but I can confine it to just the weekends because I meditate twice a day & fill my day with other productive activities, including social stuff.

I'm not the same person without weed... It helps me in certain ways... So I make sure I control it, rather than it control me.
^^^ Another great advice! Ram Dass recommendation based on Eastern philosophy was to introduce "a watcher", who simply observes your actions, quietly and without an emotional aspect. So next time you smoke, "the watcher" would say (within you) something like: "I see. Smoking again. This is a third time today." I found that running that program definitely helps on a long run with lots of addictions. But when you fall into emotional judgement of self, the issue of addiction will be hidden from being consciously observed.

Vaping will conserve buds
^^^ Yes, if using a dry vaporizer set on medium heat, you can save that already vaporized brown weed and make an oil infusion to make brownies! I was surprised that there is so much THC left in it! =D

In addition to all great advice given, I recommend a combination of daily Palmitoylethanolamide with Agmatine and strong Green Tea extracts (all of them OTC) - it will reduce THC cravings and strengthen the high. It does so for me consistently and I've been safely using it for more than a year. I used to go through 4-5 grams a day easily. Now I have cut down to about a gram or so a day. :)

Also with chronic cannabis smoke, watch out for acid reflux complications, such as costochondritis - these nasty symptoms will definitely make you smoke less! :|

Speak to your doctor about your weed smoking, if you can cut down from an eight you can do more than you know