Adderall and cortisol

57bill

Greenlighter
Assuming Adderall increases Cortisol production, and the increased Cortisol contributes to hair loss . And assuming Ashwagandha offsets Cortisol production, then Ashwagandha would diminish the chances of hair loss resulting from Adderall ingestion. If those two assumptions are correct, when would be the ideal time to take the Ashwagandha: with, before, or following the Adderall?

Welcome to BL 57bill.

Hypothetically speaking, assuming any of those conditions held true, it doesn't matter when since the cortisol issue isn't acute but rather chronic. You'd just take your ashwaghandha thrice daily as usual. However AWG has never been studied on a population of people using amphetamines so its effect on cortisol may not be comparable.

Thank you, CFC. Not taking the AWG on a regular basis, I thought taking it in conjunction with the Adderall might reduce the hair thinning effects, and wondered if the AWG taken some time after the Adderall would be optimal. As you point out, there is no evidence that the AWG would reduce the Cortsol that was produced as a result of the Adderall...but simply hoping.

I'm assuming you're experiencing hairloss? Stress is probably one of the least common causes. Have you considered the other more common ones (hormonal changes, DHT etc)?

I'm currently on masteron, proviron, testosterone, and adderall and my hairline is still alive mother fucker, still alive!

Only using the proviron until my mast e kicks in.

As for cortisol causing hair loss I think that's the last thing you should be worried about, and like CFC said dht. If MPB runs in your family, and you have higher dht levels or take anything that increases dht then focus on that issue to possibly delay the inevitable.

Personally, I would rather have the positives of having higher DHT levels and losing all my hair then having low dht and feeling like crap. Unless I were to develop prostate issues then that would probably change my opinion a bit.

the last thing you want to do is suppress your cortisol production, its there for a reason , to protect you from stress. Unlike commonly believed Cortisol is a good hormone, is the only one you cant live w/o. and is required during times of stress.....is the stress that causes the additional cortisol release, not the other way around.....believe me you dont want to shutdolwn your adrenal production and end up on prednison, you will hate life then....dont F around with your cortisol ,let it do its job.....you want to lower your cortisol? lower your stress!!

While balance is necessary, chronically elevated cortisol is 'bad' for most physiological systems, which is clearly OPs emphasis. Equally you 'can't live without' pretty much all your hormones, not just cortisol.

not true, you can live just fine w/o testosterone, thyroid hormone, and few others....they arent life essential, yes you will be miserable, but still live....you take cortisol away and you have a few days tops, assuming no infection or anything

The absence of numerous hormones (of which there are about 50) can prove fatal. Here's a list. Their purpose is to regulate basic physiological functioning, so obviously they are critical. Among others absence of thyroid hormones will lead to myxedema coma and death, and absence of insulin will lead to severe hyperglycaemia, various neuropathies, ketoacidosis and death.

not true, you can live just fine w/o testosterone, thyroid hormone, and few others....they arent life essential, yes you will be miserable, but still live....you take cortisol away and you have a few days tops, assuming no infection or anything

The absence of numerous hormones (of which there are about 50) can prove fatal. Here's a list. Their purpose is to regulate basic physiological functioning, so obviously they are critical. Among others absence of thyroid hormones will lead to myxedema coma and death, and absence of insulin will lead to severe hyperglycaemia, various neuropathies, ketoacidosis and death.

shock.gif