• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is god right about promiscuous sex?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Why is Christian religion against sex just happening naturally or promiscuous sex and god prefers it that we are married and in olden days a lot of people didn't have sex before marriage so they say. Why do religious leaders look down on sex when it's just natural and should be free as possible like the Indians Hindu Kama sutra view it. But is he right, out of sex marriage has caused more problems than good. Is sex after marriage better because it keeps people as a family unit or what? Sorry to ask another sex question if I repeat myself. I'll shut up now!

Christian religion is so full of figurative meanings and symbolism hidden behind symbolism i don't even think anyone alive really knows the tru meanings of the bible anymore..the church just use it as fear mongering ..the sexual energy is very strong so if the church controls that they can control a part of you.with that said I believe withholding of sex is part of the way to spiritual enlightenment..but is that saying ppl that have promiscuous sex can't be enlightened,I don't think so

i think it has more to do with sex with a person u love is spiritually healthy while with randoms it's more of a temptation so that brings the spirit pain..

i can see the benefits of sex within a long term committed relationship, because i think during sex we energetically take on some of our partners attributes. so you would want to have sex with someone you trust and are comfortable with

Sex is sinful according to Christianity. God must be evil because there is absolutely no way to "be fruitful and multiply" without it. :\ What deity would create a system in which the only possible option is one the deity condemns us for? Either one that has the same preoccupations as neolithic humans or is a total monster. I favor the former.

Of course, I do not believe this garbage about sexual morality or marriage or what-have-you. Sex is not a sin, it is one of the most natural, normal activities a human can engage in. Most of the time, in life, we are compelled to certain actions for fear of pain/punishment/suffering- if I burn myself, I hurt and suffer and learn how to avoid doing it again. Life is a whole lotta stick; sex is a bit of carrot that I happily chew upon. It annoys me that one of the few pleasures inherent to life has been corrupted into something ideological.

Do what you will IMO.

I think in the time these religions where written sex was a complex issue. Infections we can now control with a single pill had killed their way through our society, in some cases because we didn't check our sexual appetite.

Life didn't come with a manual, humanity wrote a whole bunch, they are dated now, foolish people tried to call them complete and unwavering. We need to work our own solutions out to how we should live our lives, including promiscuity. Religions have pointed out pitfalls and often offered assistance when we failed to see them, sex has a lot of complications beyond infections, you could have jealousy, children and control issues. Religious views vary but they do point to caution when approaching sexual choices. Promiscuity may be fine for some but poor sexual choices often made while drunk and with strangers may prove to be universally dumb.

Religions point to a safer route with less problems, belief that they are divinely inspired guidance should be a personal choice. I have seen wonderful long term relationships that were monogamous and exclusive and open relationships that never had a jealous moment because of deep understanding. Making careful decisions before sex and avoiding problems is preferable. Assuming the guide book you picked will get you through all the problems of life is utter foolishness, no matter how much you want it to just work out sex requires decisions, make good ones carefully.

G-d tries to warn us about what isn't good for us. We can heed that warning or not, but I think the dangers of excesses are fairly obvious.

I mean, we can pretend that just screwing everything and everyone is great, but we all know people who act like that, and we bloody well see where it leads.

I get that it's hip to say "the bible isn't even accurate..." and other trite anti-theisms, but there are reasons for this knowledge.

G-d tries to warn us about what isn't good for us. We can heed that warning or not, but I think the dangers of excesses are fairly obvious.

I mean, we can pretend that just screwing everything and everyone is great, but we all know people who act like that, and we bloody well see where it leads.

I get that it's hip to say "the bible isn't even accurate..." and other trite anti-theisms, but there are reasons for this knowledge.

Sure, there are valid and utilitarian reasons why promiscuity is not entirely positive, such as STI/STD, unwanted pregnancy, burden of excess population but none of these are presented in the bible. Sex appears to be a sin in and of itself. Yet, most humans feel a compulsion towards sex, and the experience is immensely gratifying and pleasurable. I cannot believe such phenomena is a sin. Why would god create the sex drive and then forbid acting on it? Does that not seem cruel? To me, it only makes sense if I consider that humans were the ones to invent these proscriptions.

I'm glad its "hip" to see the bible for what it really is. Humanity had lived under its yoke long enough. I'm happy as a sinner.

Religion is often obsessed with sex because controlling sexuality is a tool used to control people generally-speaking...it's a common practice of cult leaders.

The more spiritual work I do and the more I refine my body and consciousness, the more sensitive I am to other people in general. I pick up a lot of subtle influences and queues from people in my daily interactions with them. But physical contact is another story. Even cuddling with someone, I take on their shit... like if they have bad energy or they're in a bad mood. They absorb all of my refined energy that maybe I've spent days cultivating, and I get slimed by them.

Sex is a whole other level of connection. You are basically joining with someone and doing a deep level energy exchange, which establishes a sort of umbilical cord between you and them. I believe partnerships, especially sexual partnerships, involve unspoken agreements in this way. (I'm using the word "energy" as a placeholder for something else that is hard to describe.) Even when you physically separate you remain connected. And you don't just get their stuff you also get the stuff from whomever else they have slept with but haven't integrated before they slept with you.

I think modern humans are really dumbed down and desensitized to the point that they are oblivious to how their every day interactions and the environment are affecting them on subtle levels. It's to the point that even our overriding scientific and social systems all reinforce a very materialistic way of looking at life. When humans were more wild they probably felt a lot more about what was going on. I can imagine this.

So when religions talk about promiscuity being a sin, it's a metaphor for this. Remember -- religions like Christianity have core truths that have been greatly watered down over the centuries, so much so that you have to learn from more in-tact religions to understand wtf Christianity is talking about. How can you maintain your path and your spiritual integrity if you are constantly sleeping with other people and absorbing their shit without any specific intention about why you're doing it?

^^ Good post, thanks. :) Thought-provoking.

I think people should do what works for them. I think some people are more sexual than others, and some people develop attachments and jealousies differently than others. For me, I think I could have random sex with someone I felt connected to and not develop an attachment, if it was at a music festival or something and I wasn't going to keep seeing them (I have not tried this though). But I tend to develop attachments to people I have sex with and we end up in a relationship, because the reason we had sex in the first place was because we were attracted to each other in that way. And then I feel like I wouldn't want anyone else having sex with her, nor do I really want to do it with anyone else except maybe superficially sometimes, and that feeling is reciprocated. It seems that this feeling of "ownership" is common for people and always has been, probably a biological urge to form a family unit to best protect children, which are the result of sex except for recently we have the ability to pretty well control that. I know some people though for whom an open relationship works for them, and that's cool. I also know people who only have short-term sex, or even just have various people they like and have sex with when they're around, and never seem to form that attachment. Works for some people.

I also see a lot of people engaging in sexual practices that do not seem to work for them. Some people are promiscuous because they're trying to mask pain or trauma, and that is a bad thing for them. Some people are in monogamous relationships because they think they're supposed to be, and that's bad for them too. Ultimately, you should do what you feel is right for you, and doesn't hurt other people. Going around having unprotected sex with tons of strangers and spreading diseases is bad because it hurts yourself and others. Being responsible and having sex with lots of people could be totally fine, as long as you're not spreading disease and not hurting others (like, if you know someone is looking for monogamy but you do it with them anyway, knowing it will cause them pain).

I think this approach is a lot more sensible than following the words of people from thousands of years ago who were recording a system of social control, in fact THE BEST and most consistently used system of social control. We should do what makes us happy and feels right, as long as we're being honest about how it's really making us feel, and we aren't hurting anyone else.

Last edited:
It's God.

This is the main form of sin I commit. I will not wife a thot just to fuck her. The devil won with birth control/abortion, I don't use condoms unless the girl demands (this is 2017 girls don't care usually.) I pull out.

I'm not a monk. I used to behave like a psychopath (I have a conscience, testosterone and PCP were more powerful in my early 20s.) I figure if I don't rob people and love God and my neighbor I'm doing OK.

Every sperm is sacred, eh?

Can you explain how "the devil won with birth control"?

Ahh...

I guess guys can't help but see women as sluts unworthy of respect if they can have sex with them without getting them pregnant. It's their fault, really.

I know it's the wrong thread but can I blame animals for my not being vegan because they taste so good?

I'm sure it isn't my fault.

Every religion including Christianity was founded by Drug Worship, Solar Worship, Star Worship, Shamanism, Plant Worship, Mushroom Worship, Planet Worship and most importantly Fertility Worship (this means tons of fucking e.g. cock and vagina worship or phallic and vesica worship)

Read Astrotheology & Shamanism: Christianity's Pagan Roots. A Revolutionary Reinterpretation of the Evidence to learn more.

A quick video about the Vesica (Vagina):

I know it's the wrong thread but can I blame animals for my not being vegan because they taste so good?

I'm sure it isn't my fault.

=D

Blame your taste buds.

What do you mean "is god right?" He is God. If he isnt right he isnt God :)