• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

The Ketamine Scene in NYC (Depression etc.)

wavyfeeling

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I have visited Bluelight for helpful information many times before, but have not - until now - posted on here. I am a young man and college student who suffers from depression, anxiety and an array of other related mental-health problems. My mental health has improved after beginning therapy and medication; however, no combination of medications has been fully effective for me so far. Although I have tried loads of prescribed psychiatric drugs, and some “recreational” ones as well, the only substance that has truly defeated my depression etc. - if temporarily - is ketamine.

I am not an expert in using ketamine. I have only tried it twice: once with some very experienced and trusted friends, and the other time in a larger quantity with strangers who seemed to know what they were doing. The experiences were nice, and the second one was even transcendent. More importantly, after each time I have done “K”, my mental health issues have improved more completely and rapidly than ever, and stayed that way for slightly more than two weeks before I am thrown “back to black” — or more like into a muggy, grey antidepressant fog…

I have quite openly discussed my use of ketamine and its effect on me with my psychiatrist. He has been very open-minded and understanding, and has had experience with other patients who have benefitted from the drug. He told me that various private clinics offer Ketamine as treatment for depression, but that since they are experimental, such treatment wouldn’t be covered by insurance and would thus be prohibitively expensive. There are also clinical trials taking place on the substance, but due to their nature, applicants are very likely to get rejected. If you are accepted into a study, you have a 50% chance of being placed on a placebo instead of ketamine. My mental state is delicate, so I can’t afford to take a chance not knowing whether I’m taking saline or real medicine. Finally, my two previous experiences were accidents of chance, and are not repeatable. This means that if I am to obtain K, I will have to resort to more covert methods.

I understand and respect the primary rule of this forum, which is that soliciting drugs is prohibited: that is not why I am posting. Instead, I want advice on the general “scene”, group of people, venue, time or event-type in which I — a gay guy, aged 21+, living in New York City — might find a concentration of people with experience using Ketamine that is unadulterated and not subject to excessive legal scrutiny. I figure that if I learn which scenes to join, I might have a greater chance of procuring Ketamine and reliably treating my mental-health issues.

Thank you so much for reading my post, and for any advice you might have for me.

This is a reasonable thread to jave as we habe similar threads on other drug scenes; however, I think you're really asking more than one thing here; that would be informatuon about the drug, and about the scene, with a very stern warning that no offering or solicitation of drugs, sources of drugs of any kind, etc. will be permitted. Accordingly I am going to split your thread in two and send one part to the psychedelic drugs forum, keep the rest here, and answer a bit in both places.

Om second thought though, the second part, looking for a "scene," isn't really appropriate here because it amounts to basically a kind of solicitation; ketamine will be, with varying degrees of adulteration, found more or less in the scenes you'd expect it to. Meeting up with others who share your interest in use for mental health concerns might be a more significant issue but there are certainly social circles that are dedicated to discussing this very kind of thing, there is a annual psychedelic conference in New York City, etc., albeit one that I cannot endorse wholeheartedly due to it's organizers, who are variously questionable for various reasons. It is a big city and there are many scenes, you will just have to find the right one.

A word of warning. There are many other substances of more or less similar subjective effects with often more different pharmacology than a different subject effects I would warn you in the strongest possible terms to avoid them despite any advice to the contrary that you might get in our psychedelic drugs forum, especially in a medicinal context, is there is no evidence whatsoever for them although theoretically it might seem like a good idea, use of them will undoubtedly make it much much much more difficult for you to receive legitimate medical cqre with d original compound itself and for the most part they will post more psychiatric risk due to their intrinsic pharmacology which is often more like that of PCP, which includes dopamine stimulating effects which give Euphoria and a brief lessening of depression but in the long run are likely to lead to a psychotic state.

...more coming....

Last edited:
I do not live in NYC so I cannot make any firm recommendations on your specific geographic area. I have noticed a correlation between ketamine use and electronic music though...

Look in the back of the Village Voice. There are now clinics which offer ketamine infusion therapy for treatment resistant depression. If your psychiatrist is supportive, don't take street drugs, do it right.