• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

using meth to withdraw from oxy

Tashawantsout

Greenlighter
hey,
this is the first time i've ever been a part of an online community forum so bear with me.
I'm desperate to be done with the oxycodone. All the meds that may help that I've read about aren't easy to obtain here in new Zealand.
if i could just suffer in peace for a week that'll be ok but I've got two children and a job and can't just stop and was useless at weaning myself off, so, i've gone and sorted some meth to use sparingly over the next few days as I've heard this can be really beneficial if used as a tool not to just get fucked up on. it's already been over 24hours since last had a pill and physically not feeling too bad but maybe just a little twisted. Meth isn't my thing, not these days-i can easily turn it down and rarely use it thus confident I'm not swapping one addiction for another. Not meth anyway and fingers crossed i can stay clean and i dunno be more normal for the rest of my life as the first half has left me tired and now I'm stuck until i shake this oxy addiction and perhaps drugs altogether.
Anyway, is there anyone there who has used meth successfully? I'd rather deal with a meth comedown than be physically sick from opiate withdrawals. I'm planning on only using .3 of a gram over 3 days, last oxy yesterday morning...what do you think?

I've never used meth so I couldn't really say if it would be useful during oxycodone withdrawal. I've tried cocaine out of desperation once trying to come off oxy and it only seemed to amplify my symptoms. I know you've said that you don't wish to trade one addiction for another but I would be really careful with this. Can you not get loperamide in New Zealand? (it's a medication for diarrhea)

Honestly nah maybe therapeutic doses of xanax or something else. But honestly you might just have to bear through the withdrawals.
Stay strong they seem like they'll never end but if you stay busy go to the gym for some light excersize and eat what you can you'll make it through!

Yes you can get diarroah medication but xanax, suboxone, and all the other meds I've read people use aren't too easy. All benzodiazepines are restricted and hard to come by. I'm just looking for a way to function this week and keep off the oxy. I know it sounds fucked up, well it is fucked up, but I just can't wd in the short term otherwise. Last time I couldn't do anything for the first 4 days so it's either wait 3-4 maybe 5 weeks and plan to be rotten or stop using now (yesterday day one), get help from meth but not use much so still can nap etc, and from Friday stop the meth. Aaaarrrggghhh, I'm in it now. I'm confident I can do this, kinda too late to go back now.

Using method would make it more dangerous. Withdrawal causes hypertension already and putting a stimulant on top of it could be dangerous. The way it may help would be from a mental aspect where you are disassociated from the pain but it would still be more dangerous.

Yeah.. I know for a fact stimulants of any and all kinds, minus the weak ones that aren't really drugs, like caffeine, sugar, etc. Those never bothered me.. but I have come off oxy many times.. sometimes with nothing, sometimes with other drugs.. usually I took benzos, which you say are nearly impossible to come by in your region.. that's crazy! But it is what it is I guess. Now.. I smoked crack a couple times, while waiting to get my daily dose from my guy to meet me back when I did that shit, and that fucking sucked!!! IT made the WD symptoms, of someone who (myself back in the day) used over at least 150-200mg of oxy a day.. at least. So when I would come off it without subs, it was always terrible anyway, but man... when I smoked hard coming off it, that just turned me into an anxiety ridden mess, and I felt like ripping all of my hair out.. it was awful.. especially when I came down off it.. uggghhhh.. Also have taken Adderall, while in opioid WD back when I did opis, on subs now.. That wasn't as bad, and I have sniffed coke.. They all seemed to make it worse ime.. but that is just me. and I was taking benzos, klonopin mostly, while using stimulants in the midst of opioid wd.. still didn't totally help. But.. Yeah.. do they have any light, weak opioids in your area OP? Or subs? suboxone, subutex.. any form of buprenorphine naloxone or not, will help, short term.

That is the only thing that ever worked for me.. the only problem is, now I am stuck on subs, and cant make myself get off them, without wanting to start using full agonist opioid/opiates again.. it sucks. But if you have the will power, you can probably just make it through with loperamide as someone else pointed out above me.. It is helpful for sure with any opioid WD especially, when your stomach is acting up.. That's when it really helped me.. But it can also be addictive too, for some, as it is too an opioid/opiate derivative... just doesn't cross the BBB for it to have you feel any euphoria from it(for most of us anyway). Quick sub tapers are a good option, imo.. idk about methadone, I have tried it once or twice when in oxy WD and it helped, I just felt like I was well.. that was all.. but it was a small dose each time like 20-30mg of methadone... and I have never even seen meth, like crystal meth, any where in my area before, so I cannot speak on those 2 drugs..

Weed is also great too.. it helps me almost forget I am in WD from oxy, at a mental standpoint, physically I always feel like shit when in WD from opioids of any kind. And in my honest opinion from all of what I have heard about meth, it is not going to be too great of a tool, as most other stimulants are not going to be either... for coming off of oxy. I would stick with sedatives like THC whether its bud your smoking or hash, etc.. benzos if at all possible, and keep the dose of whatever it is low as possible, as that is a WAY worse addiction to go through than meth or opioids/opiates like oxy.. I know, I am dependant on benzodiazepines and have been for years.. it sucks. Was addicted to oxy forever too.. glad to be off that shit now, it got way to out of control, once I found H.. and then slammed it.. I then knew.. it was time for suboxone. and I have been on subs, subutex now, which I like a bit better than 'oxone, for various reasons. I am not very good at just quitting anything cold turkey.. I always fuck up, or take something to replace whatever it is and get stuck on that, its a continuous cycle and has been for like 5-6 years now for me, but I have been on subs, and only subs for 2 years straight now. Everyone is different too, so while some may feel similar to me and dislike stims, while WDing from oxy or opiates/oids, some also may like stimulants while in oxy WD.

Last edited:
I would highly recommend trading that meth for some kratom. one can find a kg for a reasonable price from reputable sellers online these days fairly easily, it's 100% natural, and it'll do exactly what you need it to: keep the cravings away while your body is readjusting to the lack of the opioid. it acts on a different receptor (delta vs mu) so it's an easy transition for the body.

read up on 'kratom (mitragynine) and opioid addiction'; you'll find plenty of research from people just like you who find great success and relief.

best of luck on your initiative.

Can you use meth to (dramatically) lessen WD? The short answer is "yes". Comparisons to powder cocaine or crack are misguided because of how long-acting methamphetamine is.

I wouldn't recommend it, though...but then again it appears that your mind is already made up on this matter.

Thanks for all the advice. I should have thought it through better but now i'm nearly 2 days through wd so kinda committed now and making the most of it. Mind you its Tuesday evening now, so tonight and getting some sleep might be what makes or breaks me. One thing is for sure, I'm keeping away from the oxy. Its shit shit shit. Im not particularly fond of meth, so not worried i'll cross addict with this anyway. It's kinda drastic for me what i'm doing but I am so over oxy and decided now or later or never. I'm not using much meth, this afternoon i noticed I was and am, sweating more than usual and my legs are restless but its kinda distant for now, not top of mind so i'm going to hang in there and not smoke anything until morning and get some sleep. I didn't sleep last night so it'll count.
I'm a little all over the place mentally surprise surprise but right now I feel this could work, i'm cautiously optimistic. But it's early days.
If this doesn't work, if i can't make it work i'm so so fucked.

Have you given thought into edibles? Just a mild dose edible might give you an appetite and make things bearable

I made myself eat dinner. feel like shit but think thats a lack of sleep thing but feel like i will rest tonight. opiate wd's at a minimum. only thing is it's not quite day 2 so have a couple more to get through and what comes after is a little scary. if i didn't have work i would feel more relaxed.
edibles? not 100% what you mean....also i need to search kratom. never heard of it before

ok. So i know about the kratom now but although its not illegal here in new zealand to posses it you can't import it from a store overseas unless you have a prescription but no doctor will or even has ever, written one.
Such bullshit. Sickening.
I'm guessing edibles mentioned earlier is weed? Kinda funny if I'm wrong but if it is, here we only eat it if we cook it no gummy bears or such things but definitely going to smoke.kind of goes without saying with me but a lot doesn't help, just the odd smoke to help with appetite like mentioned. I'm a total lightweight with pot as I'm such a sparodicall user. Or, you're talking about something else and i'm rambling to avoid trying to sleep...
Fuck
Maybe i'm not doing as good as hoped. feeling frustrated and although not particularly fond of meth, which by the way is shit here compared to US and likely anywhere else, I'm having thoughts of finishing it up now. Maybe would if had enough to get mind numbed for awhile but since not much and it goes against my whole plan i will for now ignore such urges to self destruct and pray my attitude shifts in the a.m. What's wrong with me...(meant in a rhetorical sense)
Clearly i'm losing it.
best i go try chill out
Meth suxs but oxy withdrawals are not an option this week so i either keep going on this path or throw in the towel and i really don't want that and all been said or in my case rambled and done, it hasn't been too bad.
Goodnight