• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using Nutmeg daily to get high for the past 9 months. Daily dose is 15 g. Will I die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybhm

Greenlighter
Hi all BLers! This my first post here.

I unfortunately got addicted to nutmeg! Yes it may seem ridiculous but I somehow managed to do it DAILY for the past 9 months.
I didn't even notice my usage.

Ok, here's my first time experience with nutmeg:
I went to the nearest herb shop and bought a 100% organic nutmeg powder (which was ground some ~6-7 days back) about 25 grams. After a lot of surfing on Erowid and others, I just took a teaspoon (around 4-5 gms) and washed it down with water quickly. The taste was not pleasant but bearable. Now I did a mistake. I waited for 2-3 hrs but it didn't kick in. I just took another teaspoon and waited for another one hour. So 5+5=10 gms ingested. Even after 5 hrs, I didnt get any effects so took another teaspoon. So totally 15 gms of fresh nutmeg ingested. The 6th hour came and I was down. I was amazed by the power of this kitchen spice. By 7th hour, the body buzz and euphoria kicked in and it increased gradually in waves. I didnt get any hallucinations till 8th hour came. I put on my headphones and closed my eyes listening to some hiphop music. I suddenly got some CEVs. At first they were some various patterns in bright purple, blue, red and green colours. Later, I went to eat the dinner. All of a sudden, colours started to change, whites appeared like blue, yellows became red, red became a mix of yellow+green. I was like WTH is going on around. I felt pretty stoned and later realised that I cant focus and remember anything. My motor skills went low. I wasn't able to walk straight. Then somehow crawled to bed and slept. Woke up the next morning after 9 hrs of sleep. I was still stoned. The high I get from nutmeg is very strong. My eyes were red but not like others who get bloodshot eyes, just red in the corners. Then the whole day was a high day. I was high all day. The next day, I was sober.
I am overall happy, as contrast to others who have dealt with deadly experiences.
My present usage: I was first dosing myself around 2-3 times a week for 3 months. Later it became 5 times a week for the next 3 months. From month 7 to now, I am doing a tablespoon daily (YES, DAILY!!!) around 13-14 grams. So I am somewhat a long-term user of Nutmeg.
No noticeable side effects in health except that you will have coma-like sleep, no one can make you wake up easily, forget alarms!! And if you take it daily like me, you will end up doing something stupid in public places as nutmeg makes you pretty notorious day by day (I dont go out or I am not that much social). I didnt get any liver related problems till now.
About tolerance, I am not sure whether it's building up or not. I am using it for the past 9 months with a daily dose around 15 grams but I can still get a buzz off a tablespoon of nutmeg even today. Looks like tolerance goes up slow.
About addiction, nutmeg doesnt mess you with physical addiction like the heroin, coke, etc but you can get psychologically or mentally addicted like me. I know that I can go through a day without nutmeg. And I could do it when I was in my 3rd month of regular use. Even now I can be sober everyday but my mind makes me to use it. I even use tobacco chews. I liked them initially but after the nicotine tolerance went high, I didnt enjoy anymore. I dont like using it, my mind doesnt want it but my brain forces me to do so. Your brain wont ask you to get yourself some nutmeg (like nicotine does) but your mind and mentality (after you used it a several times) asks you for more. But don't worry, only a handful people like me enjoy the taste and the effects. Many hate it just for its taste, smell, texture and some side effects like nausea.

And I recently got to know that Nutmeg use (using high amounts like this) is associated with many dangers mainly with liver.
What are the symptoms to know whether my liver is already messed up?

And I think these four factors made me addicted to Nutmeg: pot-like buzz + LSD-like visuals, very very cheap, legal and easily accessible.

Need your help guys! Is it safe for me to continue using it??? Or should I quit it? I got to know that I dont crave for nutmeg, I crave for that body buzz and visuals. 8(

Thanks a lot!

using nutmeg daily?
that doesn't sound safe.

the best way to get some idea of the condition of your liver is to have blood tests done.
i would go speak to my doctor if i were you.

using nutmeg daily?
that doesn't sound safe.

the best way to get some idea of the condition of your liver is to have blood tests done.
i would go speak to my doctor if i were you.
^ Absolutely get yourself checked. Even though it's cheap and legal, nutmeg can be toxic.

Ok so what are the possible health problems I may experience in the near future?
Is there any symptoms to notice something wrong instead of reaching a doctor?

this cant be real..

that much nutmeg is no gd for you bro, don't eat any more.

u enjoy the taste???? i remember the taste of freshly ground up nutmeg being the worst taste i ever exp.

give ur liver a break mate, i am honestly surprised you are not experiencing health complications from ur past usage.

Can't be real?? It's real for sure bro.
I just emptied 63 packets of nutmeg, each containing 25 gms. I managed to empty them in the past 9 months, DAILY.
That's why I am scared now. I experienced no pains anywhere. The stomach pains were present for the first 3 months and I just got used to it so much that even though there is pain, I can just adjust with it.
Yes, I somehow enjoy the taste of nutmeg now.
And FYI, I am 15........

i hope this is a joke for your sake OP
if not, you need to get some checks and speak to a councellor or something - there's no reason to be daily ingesting that amount of NUTMEG (can't even believe i'm typing these words) for recreations purposes (OR ANY)
smoke weed or have a drink fuck it snort something naught but NUTMEGGG??

legit hope your liver survives

That's why I am scared now. I experienced no pains anywhere. The stomach pains were present for the first 3 months and I just got used to it so much that even though there is pain, I can just adjust with it..
You probably shouldn't take something that persistently causes you gastrointestinal pain.

Now I have some doubts.
1) Is there any chance that my liver is already damaged?
2) Will Myristicin get piled up in my blood over the past 9 months of use? Like the nicotine gets built up in blood after some months of use.
3) Will it produce any irreversible organ damage?
4) Will my physical skills (like running, climbing, and many physically demanding activities) get decreased after using this deliriant(nutmeg)??
5) Will I be able to quit it completely?

And also give suggestions for some other safe legal highs.
Thank you.

first 4 questions are for your doctor,

last one is for yourself

Thank you again, Mysterie. OP, you really need to stop using nutmeg and see a physician! You are 15 years old and could be putting your life in danger. Please get help for your problem. We cannot recommend which drugs or legal highs would be best for you. With that being said, I'm closing this as we have answered your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.