BBC radio 1 and Pete Tong just Suck!!!

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Sorry to be negative but I've been dying to say it! Radio 1 just sucks and plays the most boring music! God knows how Pete tong has lasted the length on that station is beyond me! I would of sacked all the Friday night DJs years ago! Just so dire! Discuss!

Sorry to be negative but I've been dying to say it! Radio 1 just sucks and plays the most boring music! God knows how Pete tong has lasted the length on that station is beyond me! I would of sacked all the Friday night DJs years ago! Just so dire! Discuss!

This is the third, and possibly the fourth (at least) time that you've mentioned radio 1/Pete Tong being shit. Why not just accept that they are shit and move on? Is there really any need to repeatedly post the same topic in numerous threads which you rarely even bother to reply to?

You're not generating discussion, you're just repeatedly complaining about something that most of us already accept.

The BBC are no bastion of underground electronic music. They're the BBC. The BBC is shit. It's not counter culture, it's not underground. It's the BBC. Just accept that and move on.

Sorry to be negative

If you know it's negative, why think about it/post about it, repeatedly?

I've been dying to say it!

But you already have. We know.

lol. this is hilarious

real heads know how comforting his voice is. example below. serious about to cry rn, such a special mix...

<3

There is a growing movement on YouTube and the world against cheap crap commercial modern music! Look it up!! I call it the ANTI CRAP MOVEMENT! We won't tolerate this nonsense any more and we are going to MAKE MUSIC GREAT AGAIN! It's scientific fact music is on decline! NO MORE!

You mean the people that write "they don't make music like this any more" at the bottom of every music video on youtube?

God sake what is the obsession with Paul oakenfold ! Might be one of the originals but he is also one of the biggest sell outs! Not about music but money now!

You mean the people that write "they don't make music like this any more" at the bottom of every music video on youtube?

Hahahahahahaha. =D

Yes, I see a lot of this on youtube videos. Things aren't what they used to be, if only people partied like the olden days to REAL music.

Well perhaps if they all actually went partying every now and then instead of just complaining on youtube, then they wouldn't all be finding themselves in this purported quandary.

There is a growing movement on YouTube and the world against cheap crap commercial modern music! Look it up!! I call it the ANTI CRAP MOVEMENT! We won't tolerate this nonsense any more and we are going to MAKE MUSIC GREAT AGAIN! It's scientific fact music is on decline! NO MORE!

There always has been. Isn't this just the old 'appeal to tradition' type line of pointless and unfulfilling thinking rearing its ugly head?

People frequently denounce the cultural values of their successor generations, and claim that their own version of life was the best. That's because they lived it, and they view themselves, and ergo their generation, as some kind of pinnacle. But we did things properly back then! These new generations just don't know what real music is! Yeah right, of course.

Getting so attached to a somewhat fictional ideal of the past is 100% easily the fastest way to become moany and old before your time, and miss out on all the good things that a rapidly advancing civilisation has to offer.

If the music I listen to was listened to buy everyone else, it wouldn't be underground. If mainstream culture has any redeeming future, it's that it makes living in the counter-culture all the more fun and meaningful.

Feel free to relive this supposedly great musical past and revel in its absence, but don't be surprised when your ideology fails you and offers nothing of value except the phrase "it's not as good as it used to be".