Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

oxy withdrawls

Bigbugger77

Greenlighter
Hey all, bigbugger here, first time posting on here, although ive used this site for years, for info. THis topic has probs been covered many times, but I'm in hurt locker. Firstly just been done for Dr shopping for pain killers,,,, Oxynorm and OxyContin, just wanting to know if that is on my record to every NEW Dr I see, or is it just to Drs ive seen. Not asking because I want to continue this behaviour, because my GP is really good and helping me control and monitor my usage. Thankfuly he is still prescribing because I would have eaten a bullet, had I gone cold turkey,!! I know one of my other DRs was contacted, but just would like to know if every DR for the rest of my life is gunna see that red flag!!! Its bad enough the stigma you get for needing pain relief!! Also, I still will need pain relief as ive severe arthritis, is it worth giving up opiates and trying something else?? or just lowering my dosage?? IF I'm gunna quit opiates,,,,, how long should I taper off before I give them up?? LIke ive been lowering dose for two weeks, and been in hurt locker mentally and physically every day,, Should I just get it over and done with ? or keep lowering my dosage?? Currently have gone down to approx. 200 mg daily of oxy or contin, was much higher before I was busted,,, very high tolerance levels, and I'm 6 foot 7 and 150 kgs so I'm a big BUGGER! any advice would be great,, Ive access to Valium and shit,,,, but it kills me coming off this shit, and I cant see how I would survive,,

As I don't suffer from pain issues it's hard to tell you what to do in that regard however in coming off the Oxy you aren't going to have a fun time. The valium will help alot but I think it's better to cold turkey than slowly taper and torture yourself. The physical symptoms are normally gone in a week and then the psychological battle lasts for different amounts of time for different people. If you really want to get clean I reckon just jump off and weather the storm.

I suffer from pain ( ruptured lower disc with stenosis also bulging discs yada yada lol )
And I found that for me opiates are the best at dealing with chronic pain from exacerbating the inured area, but its hard to keep doses infrequent which I believe is how theyre best utilized, for years I had given up the notion of living without tons opiates but after many years of dealing with the injury and balancing it with rehabilitate types of functional movement based exercises I manage to get by on the prescribed 2x 20mg extended release oxycodone,
though I'm also prescribed a lowish dose of Amyltriptaline at night which supposedly is a nerve medication so that probably helps my quality of sleep and inturn my perception of pain on top of any nerve pain benefits it may have, though I find my mood (unstable for years, currently managed) heavily tyes into my perception of the pain and vice versa ( the injury affects my mood, then suddenly my back is more fucked)
depending on your injury's severity you may be able to taper down and stay on a dosage that treats your pain without the demand for increasing your doasage or if your doctors really cool maybe try morphine instead or another strong opiate pain med but hed have to be pretty cool haha

Hey all, bigbugger here, first time posting on here, although ive used this site for years, for info. THis topic has probs been covered many times, but I'm in hurt locker. Firstly just been done for Dr shopping for pain killers,,,, Oxynorm and OxyContin, just wanting to know if that is on my record to every NEW Dr I see, or is it just to Drs ive seen. Not asking because I want to continue this behaviour, because my GP is really good and helping me control and monitor my usage. Thankfuly he is still prescribing because I would have eaten a bullet, had I gone cold turkey,!! I know one of my other DRs was contacted, but just would like to know if every DR for the rest of my life is gunna see that red flag!!! Its bad enough the stigma you get for needing pain relief!! Also, I still will need pain relief as ive severe arthritis, is it worth giving up opiates and trying something else?? or just lowering my dosage?? IF I'm gunna quit opiates,,,,, how long should I taper off before I give them up?? LIke ive been lowering dose for two weeks, and been in hurt locker mentally and physically every day,, Should I just get it over and done with ? or keep lowering my dosage?? Currently have gone down to approx. 200 mg daily of oxy or contin, was much higher before I was busted,,, very high tolerance levels, and I'm 6 foot 7 and 150 kgs so I'm a big BUGGER! any advice would be great,, Ive access to Valium and shit,,,, but it kills me coming off this shit, and I cant see how I would survive,,

Hi Biggie

It depends if you wanna do this alone or with help. With the legitimate pain that you have trying to withdraw from opiates whilst managing the pain is going to be exceedingly difficult (for two really big reasons).

So getting help isn't a bad thing. If I was you i would considering this and I would do it as follows

1. speak to your doctor about managing the withdrawals, even with a drug and alcohol unit in your area. They offer all sorts of service, even as an in-patient in a hospital. This has added benefits of getting all sorts of medications whilst in hospital for 5-10 days whilst you get through the accute withdrawal phase.

2. Not quit taking opiates but instead look at using methadone. Methadone is used for people with chronic pain conditions and it has the added benefit for being used for addiction. Indeed you can use it for both and the documentation and prescribing rules allow for patients to move up and down doses in the event you have more pain.

3. The reason why I'd suggest going onto methadone (even buprenorphine) is because the thing that we call Opiate withdrawals is actually a misnomer. Its not actually withdrawals.

The reason why we get sick when we stop taking opiates is because when we were taking opiates a metabolite of the opiates was actually turning on a part of our brain that creates these toxic chemicals called proinflammatory cytokines. These fuckers are really toxic and are what we get when we're sick (fevers, joint paint, vomitting, diahrea), coz their binding to receptors all over our body. Especially opiate receptors hence the pain and discomfort when your in "withdrawals".

But in your case these cytokines attack tissue in the joints. So your going gonna be getting bad arthritis whilst going through withdrawals.

However if you do decide to go it alone I can suggest the following

1. lots of green apples, and vitamins. Panadol, Nurofen and even some Imodium (technically its an opiate but please do not take stupid amounts - the high is stupid and getting addicted to Imodium is one of the worst addictions known to man).

2. lots of showers and baths

3. Try to get your hands on clonidine and lyrica (though don't take too much lyrica).

4. try to do a very long taper with the oxy. So as long as possible slightly reducing your dose bit by bit. This is really hard if your getting 'high' coz frankly we all wanna get high don't we and its hard to stay away especially when your feeling shitty and in pain.

5. keep busy. work work work and more work.

Last edited: