• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Nalaxone and very potent opioids... how much to reverse

Conspirator

Greenlighter
I have an ungodly high opioid tolerance... Always been that way. Now I could IV 30mg+ Pure Carfentanil without any ill effects. No blacking out. Relief from pain being the only effect i really notice. For those who don't know that's equivalent to 300 grams of morphine or heroin IV. I know for sure it's the real deal as I had it tested and is 99% pure. Should I OD how will the dosages of nalaxone emts or hospitals stock reverse it. Is the amount of narcan to reverse an OD relavent to the relative potency and dosage of the opioid used or will X amount of narcan reverse all OD's?

I've looked for literature on the subject and find little to nothing reliable on the subject. I'd even like anecdotal imput as if someone OD'd or witnessed an OD on X opioid and mentions how much nalaxone it took to counteract it would be helpful to me. I have access to as much nalaxone as I want so that's not a problem.

I would also like to mention that I am not taking this recreationally, if I could stop I would. I suffer from an undiagnosed pain disorder and when unmedicated, and I don't mean withdrawals, the pain is so intense I vomit, pass out, and my BP soars to stroke levels even when strongly sedated. I rarely IV, usually just IM, the only time I IV is when instant relief is needed.

30 mgs of carfentanyl?!?!
Surely you jest sir!!!
I thought my habit of 1.2 grams of morphine IV per day was bad (legal Rx) and I do 600 mg shots like first thing in the morning....
I know tolerance can get high, but this is outrageous

30 mgs of carfentanyl?!?!
Surely you jest sir!!!
I thought my habit of 1.2 grams of morphine IV per day was bad (legal Rx) and I do 600 mg shots like first thing in the morning....
I know tolerance can get high, but this is outrageous

It isn't so outrageous if you take the TI (therapeutic index) into account, based on the TI the LD50 of a carfentanil dose should be about 150 times the LD50 of an equivalant morphine dose.

Troll. You're not even IVing 3mg of pure carfent

I was expecting getting accused of trolling, but it is possible, and in the name of harm reduction wouldn't it be beneficial to give an actual answer to my question of how much nalaxone it would take? Or if the required amount of nalaxone to reverse an OD scales with say opioid dose x potency with tolerance having no effect or dose x potency/tolerance or if the amount of nalaxone is nonlinear or simply doesn't scale? There is little information on the subject and especially with Carfentanyl overdoses happening in the USA, and can even be pertinent to fentanil laced heroin or even opioid users with high tolerances. Even if I was a troll this question is still very valid and in the name of harm reduction is calling someone a troll without answering a pertinent question really productive? I prefer not to ride my high horse and I invite you to step of yours.

http://time.com/4485792/heroin-carfentanil-drugs-ohio/

Obvi your probably exaggerating but i dont care either way

disregarding the (likely) hyperbole, they just use more naloxone than normal, my sub doc told me when i asked a similar question about bupe (given its high affinity for the mu receptor, i was wondering how much naloxone it would take to reverse it) that they can measure the effects of the drug pretty quickly upon administration and will essentially just keep adding more and more until you snap out of it, which usually happens fairly quickly

now if your tolerance is truly that high, which i highly doubt, this may be subject to some disclaimers given that you don't have too much time to live if your OD'ing on something and so they might keep having to up the dosage for a longer period of time, on top of that idk if naloxone has any damaging effects at extremely high dosages, which may also be a dangerous factor

pretty much sum it up as more opiate=> more naloxone

Obvi your probably exaggerating but i dont care either way

disregarding the (likely) hyperbole, they just use more naloxone than normal, my sub doc told me when i asked a similar question about bupe (given its high affinity for the mu receptor, i was wondering how much naloxone it would take to reverse it) that they can measure the effects of the drug pretty quickly upon administration and will essentially just keep adding more and more until you snap out of it, which usually happens fairly quickly

now if your tolerance is truly that high, which i highly doubt, this may be subject to some disclaimers given that you don't have too much time to live if your OD'ing on something and so they might keep having to up the dosage for a longer period of time, on top of that idk if naloxone has any damaging effects at extremely high dosages, which may also be a dangerous factor

pretty much sum it up as more opiate=> more naloxone

I appreciate the legitimate reply, but what I am really looking for is if there is any ratio or if a higher starting point is necessary. There isn't any evidence I've found that nalaxone is dangerous so what I'll probably do is simply set up a scaling emergency OD kit like start with 5mg nalaxone than 10 than 25 than 100 or something like that as when death is fast approaching a delay is better than nothing.

What I really am curious about is if anyone has ever seen, heard of, or experienced an OD that required more nalaxone than is normally needed and the dosage that caused. I know this sort of evidence is far from a sure thing when it comes to drawing conclusions, but it's better than pure speculation.

We had first OD here from U-47700 and it literally took the each and every naloxene available in the hospital and even from ambulances until they got more from nearby hospitals.

After the first case they have stocked up on naloxene so much that they can be able to help patients suffering from an OD of really potential opioid.

The naloxene available in an ambulance isn't enough to be of help with 3mg carfentanil OD and all they can do is keep assisting in breathing until they reach to hospital.

Usually there's a more potent antagonist with affinity strong enough to knock out off is included in tranq kits. If you do some quick wiki searches you'll figure it out

holy shit man if you're legit then yeah, shit
but you IM? wouldn't that cause abscesses and shit? i mean the carfent cannot be legal so its gotta be dark net shit and clandestine chemistry isn't renowned for its cleanliness...
unless of course you're making it

but you IM? wouldn't that cause abscesses and shit? i mean the carfent cannot be legal so its gotta be dark net shit and clandestine chemistry isn't renowned for its cleanliness...

Everything is lab tested via GC/MS for impurities and purities, dissolved in sterile water and stored in sterile containers and of course micron filtered. Anything impure is either discarded or purified. Nothing short of 99%+ with no harmful impurities would be injected by me.

I would use a different ROA, but if i took it nasally, or orally, or buccally I'd worry about the safety of those around me should I sneeze, cough, vomit etc. Carfentanil sneezes would practically be a chemical weapon...

Troll.... Carafent sneezes. If you really had the resources you did you wouldn't be here. No one takes 30 mg of something dosed in nanograms. Stop trying to get carafent ods in the news.

Ya but your run of the mill ambulance isn't likely to carry that. Just hope they get to you soon and there's an emt who knows how to bag properly til arriving at the hospital. I think it'd be more useful to carry flumazenil, the med for reversing benzos. Though I've seen people take monstrous amounts of naloxone to no effect, so a more potent opiate antagonist isn't a bad idea.

As for the OP's question about an OD of someone with a supposed 30mg+ of Carfentanil tolerance, I would guess no amount of naloxone would be sufficient to save that person should they take enough to OD. BTW, I won't say I don't believe that habit because I guess anything is possible, but you would need to be synthesizing it, getting it really cheap, or have a ton of money to keep up with that habit. May I ask how one's habit progresses from whatever it started as, to needing 1 dose that you could split between between half the junkies on the Lower East Side of Manhattan & have 'em nodding out.

Ya but your run of the mill ambulance isn't likely to carry that. Just hope they get to you soon and there's an emt who knows how to bag properly til arriving at the hospital. I think it'd be more useful to carry flumazenil, the med for reversing benzos. Though I've seen people take monstrous amounts of naloxone to no effect, so a more potent opiate antagonist isn't a bad idea.

As for the OP's question about an OD of someone with a supposed 30mg+ of Carfentanil tolerance, I would guess no amount of naloxone would be sufficient to save that person should they take enough to OD. BTW, I won't say I don't believe that habit because I guess anything is possible, but you would need to be synthesizing it, getting it really cheap, or have a ton of money to keep up with that habit. May I ask how one's habit progresses from whatever it started as, to needing 1 dose that you could split between between half the junkies on the Lower East Side of Manhattan & have 'em nodding out.

We can't discuss prices here but carfentanils cheap on the dark net, 30mg is far cheaper than your average H habit. And while it's certainly strong it's no where near the 10,000 times stronger than morphine that's claimed. Of course it's illicit so the purity has to be questioned, plus with multiple vendors offering it I imagine each batch will vary considerably. And I can totally seen how the OP could end up on such a dose, I recently bought 2g of fentanyl thinking along the lines that if it's 100 times the strength of morphine, I got myself 200g of morphine and be set for months. It didn't work out and me and my wife finished it off in under a week, the stuff wasn't the advertised 99% pure but it was fucking strong and we were ridiculously wasted, but you build a tolerance to this stuff fast. Obviously carfentanil is far stronger, but the theory's the same. The stuffs becoming more accessible, so I wouldn't be surprised if you hear more about carfentanil, including some inevitable tragedies.

The amount of naloxone stocked at any given hospital probably depends on the geographical area. That is to say that there is likely a correlation between the stock on hand and the amount of ODs being treated over X amount of time. For instance, less ODs in some county where opiates are not easily obtained currently = less naloxone at the local hospital vs the hospital a couple counties over that treats ODs far more often. As far as the amount of narcan goes, it depends on the binding affinity of the drug and individual chemistry. In your particular case, provided this isn't an extreme exaggeration, you might need an excessive amount to get you breathing plus subsequent dosing when the initial amount wears off.

The amount of naloxone stocked at any given hospital probably depends on the geographical area. That is to say that there is likely a correlation between the stock on hand and the amount of ODs being treated over X amount of time. For instance, less ODs in some county where opiates are not easily obtained currently = less naloxone at the local hospital vs the hospital a couple counties over that treats ODs far more often. As far as the amount of narcan goes, it depends on the binding affinity of the drug and individual chemistry. In your particular case, provided this isn't an extreme exaggeration, you might need an excessive amount to get you breathing plus subsequent dosing when the initial amount wears off.

I would imagine most hospitals have plenty of naloxone. Every ward needs access to it in case of accidental od's, it's not just for recreational users (OD's are more frequent in hospital than you probably realise). Of course I can't speak for every hospital, but it wouldn't make sense not to have plenty of stock of naloxone, especially for procedures which require a general anaesthetic plus pain control, as an unconscious patient
can't give feedback on how they feel, so accidental OD's are common. Plus however many they need for the ambulance, plus to restock it if they use it all.

I've always reacted differently to opioids and other drugs than the average person, and I suffer from some very oddball undiagnosed pain disorder that causes pain more intense than most could imagine. I broke my tibia and fibula clean and considered the pain from that to be a 6.5 to a 7. Even when I was first exposed to opioids they had little effect euphoric or painkilling. Perhaps due to pain being too severe or some other reason, but even 4mg IV dilaudid in the hospital only a week after first taking an opioid did nothing... After a month of being in and out of the ER, vomiting 5-10 times a day from pain and averaging 2.5 hours of broken up sleep per day I decided to take things into my own hands.

I managed to get my hands on a bunch of morphine vials made by a pharmacy and at first used intranasally, doses around 100mg to little effect, my blood pressure hardly dropped, I tried this for about a 2 weeks to little avail, so I stopped taking any opiates for 4 weeks to get it all out of my system and tried IVing doses up to 250mg MS to little effect, I only tried for like a week or so than stopped figuring it was pointless. A few months later I got my hands on fentanyl citrate I had it lab tested after I purified it and it was around 98.5% without any toxic impurities. I started low, and slowly worked my way up to large doses (50-250mg), using intranasally only IVing when releif was needed instantly, It worked fairly decent for releif, I found it to not be too sedating/euphoric to prevent me from functioning while reducing my pain enough to function. I never found it euphoric.

When I realized how High my tolerance was going I decided to detox and go opioid free for a month, and it reduced my tolerance a bit, but after a while it just returned to an uneconomic level so I was basically forced to detox about once every 2 months for a 1 month period to get my tolerance to a controllable economical level. At that point I decided to say fuck it ant tried carfentanil as i just wasn't willing to go through that every 2 months, for me detoxing was not unbearable, it was the return of the pain I was suppressing that got me. When off opioids I would have to spend that time in the hospital to manage my blood pressure as the pain would get so bad it would drive my BP up to the danger zone of a stroke and cause severe vomiting.

When I tried carfentanil I basically was in FML mode and decided to up the dose until it was effective. I reached 30mg and didn't need to go above that, normally 15mg is enough to function and only require 30mg for extreme situations. I detox once every so often to ensure I'm in control and that I'm not making things worse by taking opioids. When I detox I go 1-2 months without opioids and am basically bedridden or admitted to the hospital for blood pressure management. I don't find the withdrawal symptoms all that horrible by comparison to the normal pain of daily life. I guess pain is very subjective like when you're a 2 year old a skinned knee or stubbed toe hurts a ton, but once you break a finger stubbing a toe still hurts but it's more of an annoyance than anything...

We can't discuss prices here but carfentanils cheap on the dark net, 30mg is far cheaper than your average H habit. And while it's certainly strong it's no where near the 10,000 times stronger than morphine that's claimed. Of course it's illicit so the purity has to be questioned, plus with multiple vendors offering it I imagine each batch will vary considerably. And I can totally seen how the OP could end up on such a dose, I recently bought 2g of fentanyl thinking along the lines that if it's 100 times the strength of morphine, I got myself 200g of morphine and be set for months. It didn't work out and me and my wife finished it off in under a week, the stuff wasn't the advertised 99% pure but it was fucking strong and we were ridiculously wasted, but you build a tolerance to this stuff fast. Obviously carfentanil is far stronger, but the theory's the same. The stuffs becoming more accessible, so I wouldn't be surprised if you hear more about carfentanil, including some inevitable tragedies.

I had the carfentanil lab tested for purity so I knew what I was putting into my body... Also, fentanyl citrate is about 40-60 times the potency of morphine and fent HCL is closer to 60-75 times the potency of morphine in reality and because of the short half life tolerance builds fast.

Unfortunately Diprenorphine isn't easily accessible to anyone and it isn't in any hospitals AFAIK so if someone does OD the only treatment would be rescue breathing. If someone took pure carfentanil thinking it was heroin or even thinking it was fentanyl it could literally stop their heart and I suppose the only way to start it again would be CPR until it is metabolized or something. If nalaxone fails, I suppose they'd have to fly in some Diprenorphine from a vet or supplier or something...

Someone said I was trolling when I said carfentanil sneezes, but if you've ever snorted something even a liquid, your snot or drainage may still taste like what your insufflated even hours after the fact and considering the potency I wouldn't want to harm anyone inadvertently no matter how low the chance. So, yes carfentanil sneezes sounds funny but I think it could be a real safety issue for those around me.

Oh just something I think I should add is that from my experience, carfentanil usually looks like the normal type of iodized salt you'd find in salt packets, but sometimes the crystals are bigger, carfentanil crystals from what I've seen also tend not to be very shiny. Fentanyl citrate or HCl (can't speak for un-salted fentanyl) from my experience is a fine powder slightly more gritty than talc but a little reflective and very white.

Just something I thought I should mention as I doubt most people have a clue what it looks like.

Carfentanil has most likely a much higher affinity than naloxone, so it most likely won't help with an OD

i have seen the carfentanil on the darknet. but the commetns from people say the 100mg only lasted them a few days. so something must be wrong. 100mg of carfent would equal around i think a few kilo of h

The Antagonist effects of Naloxone are equivalent really to how intoxicated the individual is. So to my knowledge yes, the amount needed is dependent on the dosage of Agonists they have taken.

So if you are using potent Fentanyl analogues I would suggest to have plenty of N on hand.

You definitely aren't IVing 30mg carfent, sorry can't believe it. You wouldn't even do 30mg of regular Fentanyl