• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

suboxone, xanex & energy

aerogurl

Greenlighter
Because of severe medical surgeries thru the years ive been on fentanyl patches, took morphine, Dilaudid etc etc and until I said enough is enough, i feel like a zombie! And I got myself into an outpatient program for suboxone. I've been on the Suboxone program for over 6 months and im doing great however i have no energy. I used to be on 3mg of Xanax a day, which i truly need... until My Suboxone doctor told my Psychiatrist to wien me off of them. I'm down to 50 a month now. I told my Suboxone doctor i needed then so bad and even 50 is literally making me a hermit. He finally relented and said "in the future don't let me see any of it on a drug test", even though he has no problem with me failing for marijuana every single test (smoke for anxiety). My shrink has kept me on 50 a month ever since. I noticed today I had a whole lot of energy for a short period of time but it was great and it was because I took a little extra Xanax and a 5th energy. Does an xanex Boost energy? My main concern here is my energy level and motivation. I'm on anti depression meds but they don't help energy. I wanna ask my shrink for adderal or something to give me TONS of Energy. I'm disabled, overweight and wanna get back to the gym and swim 2mile laps like I was doing 2 years ago when I lost a lot of weight.. quit the gym for more surgery.. but I can't hang nowadays. I can barely make it thru Walmart.

What meds should I ask my shrink about to give me energy? Not herbal. And how should I broach the subject about getting my 90 xanex a month back? I need serious help.. thanks

This is a bit confusing to me.

Xanax is a extremely potent Sedative/Tranqualizer.. It's supposed to calm you down, not load you with energy.
How dependent were you on the Xanax? How long were you on it and at what dose?
Benzodiazepine PAWS can be the issue here, one of the most common symptom from PAWS is fatigue.. If that's the case, then give it time, it might take a VERY long time to get your normal levels of energy back, but that's the drug scene for ya.

You're also on a antidepressant, what SSRI are you on? AD's also cause drowsiness and make you loopy..

Another possibility is, you're Suboxone.
Your dose might be too high, what dose are you on?

I did oxy for years and always had energy even on days I didn't have any but when I started taking subtext semi regularly I felt my energy levels go way down..my body would be so tired but my mind was racing..

sounds like you either are dependent (regardless of what you said in the post above mine) or you are approaching dependence on one or all of those substances
heroin tends to make people lie down and nod out but when i was addicted it make me feel motivated and energized
same as when i had a valium habit, i couldn't get up in the morning unless i had a couple of blues

it may only be a psychological addiction - but i'm sure you're getting these paradoxical symptoms because of it
speak to a councellor or taper off

What meds should I ask my shrink about to give me energy? Not herbal. And how should I broach the subject about getting my 90 xanex a month back? I need serious help.. thanks

The decision to try new medication for energy should be between you and your doctor. We here at Bluelight cannot give you recommendations as to what you should say or how you can go about getting your Xanax dosage increased. Please read our forum guidelines to avoid confusion:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/441015-BDD-Guidelines