• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

3125 mg of acetaminophen dangerous?

H

HopefulForGoodNews

I was diagnosed with Gallstones about a month ago and prescribed hydrocodone with acetaminophen - 10-325mg to deal with the pain of attacks until I can see my Dr. My husband just changed jobs, so we are between insurance and it's taking longer to get it removed than I would like. Tuesday night I took 1500mg of acetaminophen in excederene pm. Wednesday morning I woke up with a bad attack, and took two of the hydro pills as suggested by the er doc. I somehow forgot I took it and took a third and fell asleep. Woke up about 6 hours later in pain so I took two more without thinking. I called the poison control center who told me it's not enough to be toxic but I've been nauseous ever since and unable to eat much. No drinking or any other drugs. No abdominal pain. Just headache the next day and nauseous the next day and today too. I called poison control again and the guy was very rude since I had called before, but said the same thing. I took too much but it's not toxic. But reading about it is making me nervous. Like I said, I'm between insurance so I don't want to go to the ER if it's not completely necessary. Could this also be because I don't take hydro or opiates of any kind and my body is just mad at me? I have taken nothing since.

I'd say the nausea is definitely caused by the hydro nausea is a common side effect with all opiates they can irritate he stomach and affect the inner. ear leading to dizziness and ultimately nausea (try lying down to combat this or take an anti-histamine) APAP is generally quite easy on the stomach which is what makes it quite dangerous because a lot of the time people OD and don't know until they develop jaundice 36-72 hours later and by then it's to late.

As long as you aren't a heavy drinker and have no pre existing liver damage 3125mg shouldn't cause any permanent damage if it's one off and not done regularly.

Please be careful with APAP and don't consume more than 2000mg in one dose or over 4000mg in a 24 hour period. Because if you do there is a high chance of irreversible liver damage.

^ Good advice. If you experience pain and need to take a hydrocodone tablet, try having some food in your stomach. They make me nauseated as well. I hope you can get your gall bladder issue taken care of soon!