• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

May have done something stupid..potentially fatal?

Creesy

Greenlighter
I may have done something stupid and potentially harmful/fatal??

I haven't slept for 36 hours and has insuffalated maybe 1.75g of pseudo based speed last bump being ~3 hours ago.

Out of frustration of not being able to sleep i decided to CWE 18 pills of 15 mg codeine 500mg apap, so potentially 270mg codeine (most i have had previously was 200mg). Also to further add to my stupidity I read that promethazine could potentially increase the codeine high so swim had 30mg.

Codeine was taken 65 minutes Ago and the promethazine 40 minutes

My current condition is very relaxed to the point of nodding slightly euphoric with auditory hallucination some pins in needles in my face and appendages. Feeling happy despite the panic in the back of my mind because of the potential overdose for that reason i am doing what ever possible to stay awake. Rate of breathing has slowed signicantly but not to a dangerous level. Concentration is hard this post is quite challenging to put together.

im Starting to get very panicked and considering having more amphetamine to counteract the cns depression. Which I think is potentially dangerous.

Am i in real danger? iim home alone I feel incredibly naive and stupid for doing this.

As a side note without the anxiety and panic this would be an extremely good high

Last edited:
How long should I before i can safely nod off (ifs been 90 minutes since the codeine and an hour since the promethazine)

Rate of breathing has slowed further i have been counting breaths in an effort to stay lucid and alert rate of breathing is 12--15 per minute.

Last edited:
You should be fine. Considering you lose a bit when doing a CWE you probably got around of 240mg of the actual drug.

Anyway, even for someone who is totally opiate naive a 240mg dose of codeine isn't huge. Don't get me wrong it's not safe to do for a first time user but I think you'll live.

By the way, you should NEVER use opiates to get to 'sleep'. I always make sure to have at least 6 hours awake time before doing opiates, I'm not sure it's true but from my thoughts I think sleeping while on opiates poses a very serious health risk.

Do you have a friend or someone who can sit with you? If you feel like you may be in danger, call for medical help.

You're aware that your breathing is slowing down and are aware of your symptoms. With that being said, I agree you'll be fine. Drink some caffeine, wait for the high to pass and enjoy it - since you said it would be kick ass lol.

As a new user to BL I'd like to welcome you with the golden phrase "You can always take more, but you can never take less." so always think about what you are taking before you mix it with other drugs. Combos are fun, but dangerous. I hope you're quite experienced.

Stay safe,
-MF4M

I appreciate the replies thank you.

Well I cleary have survived and have learnt a few lessons I will not be mixing CNS stimulants (Amphetamine) with CNS Depressants (Codiene/Promethazine) in the future. Not only have I found that it is a waste to have two substances fighting each other. The mixed messages being sent to and from the central nervous system could potentially be quite dangerous.

Besides the obvious anxiety and stress I was feeling last night probably as a result of sleep deprivation and possibly a little bit much to drink, The high achieved from a combination of codeine and promethazine (taken 45 minutes after the codeine) was in my opinion 100% better than codeine alone and I found it to be quite euphoric but at the same time dizzying which is a feeling I particularly enjoy. I found the high hit harder was a lot briefer and ended quite abruptly(but I can't be sure if this was caused by the amphetamine I had had earlier or maybe it was because of my state of mind). Also there was no nausea thanks to the effect of the promethazine. I am actually really looking forward to trying this combination again in a safer manner with a better mindset because I can really see potential here to maybe even safe a bit of codeine.

I would recommend that codeine users try promethazine to potentiate the codeine at least once to see If they enjoy the added effects, but please do not do what I did. Drop your regular codeine dose by ~25% and use the regular therapeutic dose of promethazine which is 25-30mg.

Again thank you very much for the replies

And stay safe