• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is there anything you can do for precipitated withdrawal from suboxone

dontknowwhattodo

Greenlighter
hey I would really like to know what my boyfriend can do about the PW from subxone and how long will it last??? he snorted ahalf an 18 mg hydromorph-contin at 1130 am and took Suboxone at 430 pm.. I feel so bad watching him go through this and I can do nothing to help him... I know it took me a week to feel better after coming off methadone but I never took Suboxone just stoped after a few days of 5 mg of methadone. thanks to my genetics it didn't effect me much but he seems to be going through a lot more hurt then I have ever seen. can some one please give me any suggestion?

Last edited:
No, there is nothing you can do because Buprenorphine has a very strong affinity for binding to your opiate receptors.

it will go away as the bupe starts to work, he just got a shock from having a full agonist given the boot from his receptors. You don't realize you were actually high until you take a sub and go "shit I was still high I'm an idiot"

This is completely irresponsible to say, but maybe more dope.

The last 3 times I tried suboxone, I went into prescip. w/d; even waiting 18 hours the last time.
If I had a gun, I woulda shot myself. 6 bags of dope fixed it right up.

You either keep administering more bupe every half hour, 2-4 mg. Or, like someone else said, do more dope or whatever opioid or opiate of your choice. You won't break through the Suboxone and get high, but you'll get out of PWDs. Massive amounts of bupe do the trick or just using. Let this be a lesson. PWDs are the worst and everyone is different. Some people can do sub 6 hours after and be fine while others need 2 days.

^ yes. I used to be able to take sub 8 hrs after if I was sick, but that was the beginning. The deeper I got into my habit- not a chance. I refuse to even attempt sub anymore. The last 3 times were my worst nightmare.

Turns out methadone is easier to quit than long term suboxone, suboxone should be reserved for 3 month detoxes, I had to switch because of bad side effects methadone gave me, but reducing my methadone dose every month by 2-3 mg from the highest dose I got to, 60mg, at 44mg, 41, 39mg, it was like I was going back to life without opiates and should have just continued getting rid of the methadone until here, they give us the pain pills when your dose is under 15mg. Metadols, the syrup is also Metadol.

Bupe might be better as Zubsolv, be he won't do get that, your mention of a hydromorphcontin means you are canadian, I don't know how it was consumed but 18mg is where it gets to actually work orally for adult pain patients anything under 18mg is trash...anyway Suboxone.. we don't even have strips, just the old tablets like the orange US tablets, except they're white with a ph close to under 1,9...