• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

SSRI's and Cocaine.

13eny

Bluelighter
Hey,

I got prescribed 50mg sertraline daily on Monday.

Is it okay to still take a little bit of cocaine and some beers on the weekend?

Cocaine uses dopamine and not serotonin so there shouldn't be a massive risk right?

Thanks.

i found that, whilst you can use cocaine while on sertraline, it kind of blunted the high and made it not as good

but perhaps that was just me

so surely if I've only been taking it since Monday it probably wouldn't have done much anyway would it so there shouldn't be anything like that I would assume?

I read somewhere on a forum that someone felt more euphoric while taking sertraline while on cocaine but other said the opposite, I'm guessing its different for everyone like everything else.

I am prescribed 150 mg of Sertraline daily, and personally I WOULD NOT combine the two. I have heard quite a few stories of serotonin syndrome...

I would wait at least two weeks after taking your last dose of Zoloft before indulging in some coke.

I'd be careful with the alcohol mostly. Alcohol and SSRIs don't tend to mix well. I don't see a problem with the cocaine but I'd highly advise against all drugs on SSRIs because it can mess with the reasons it was prescribed in the first place with the upper comedown and all messing with your brain chemicals.

Hey,

I got prescribed 50mg sertraline daily on Monday.

Is it okay to still take a little bit of cocaine and some beers on the weekend?

Cocaine uses dopamine and not serotonin so there shouldn't be a massive risk right?

Thanks.

Probably best avoided as others have suggested but if you insist on doing it anyways best to go slow and use as little as possible.

I also wanted to correct you. Cocaine most definitely inhibits the reuptake of dopamine but it also inhibits the reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine as well.

So far so good boys. I think I feel more off then before the meds and I've had a lot less than normal