Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MXE / 32 mg + 14 mg - Second Time - Motion Sickness

malmet

Greenlighter
With all the praise out there for MXE, I thought it would be interesting to report a less positive experience from last summer. I entered the scene some months after the China ban and the subsequent disappearance of MXE, but when a trusted vendor briefly offered a post-ban batch in the summer, I decided to jump on it given the hype. Before dosing, I confirmed that it was indeed real MXE.

I took a 20mg trial dose a week beforehand, and didn?€™t feel much aside from a clearheaded drunkenness with some mild sedation that was easy enough to ignore. This time, I started with 32.3mg.

I had zero dissociative experience (besides that trial dose) at the time, and only two psychedelic trips, both on moderate 4-HO-MET doses.

About 20 minutes in, I was already becoming dizzier than last week?€™s experience, and decided to get into bed with some headphones on for music. It was a strange feeling; if I moved my limbs, there was a sort of disconnect, as if it took longer than usual for my mind to recognize the movement. It wasn?€™t bad, but I didn?€™t get the warmth, euphoria, or psychedelia others reported. There was a slight sedation/couch-lock (bed-lock?) effect. About 50 minutes in, I redosed 14mg to go a bit deeper.

As the redose kicked in, the sedation built further. It started to feel not just physically relaxing, but mentally as well. I felt strangely calm and worry free, with a positive mindset; it?€™s not the soaring, wondrous feeling I?€™ve had when tripping, but more of a comforting sensation, a warm blanket.

Not many visuals. Some blurring of lights and fuzziness in my field of view, but that?€™s it.

About 2 hours in, the trip intensified further. Closing my eyes, I seemed to lose perception of my limbs, and felt as though I were strapped to the inner surface of a rotating cylinder. The cylinder started to pitch downward at points, and I felt as if I were on the verge of falling into a hole. The pitch never reached that point, and the whole sensation eased back toward more of a rocking motion over half an hour or so before mostly ceasing.

Over the next couple hours, the dissociation backed off from the peak, but only eased slowly, with crippling nausea overcoming me if I tried to leave bed for long. It wasn?€™t that I couldn?€™t physically walk or control my body, and I didn?€™t feel a huge loss of coordination. I just felt terribly sick if I moved around much. I was ready for the experience to be over, but it took until the 4 hour mark before I could walk around any reasonable amount. It felt as though I had food poisoning at times. By 7 hours in the nausea had finally abated. I fell asleep that night normally and woke up feeling fine the next day.

It was worthwhile to try once, but the horrendous body load in the latter half of the trip has put me off trying it again. My 20mg trial wasn?€™t very interesting, so maybe the sweetspot for me lies somewhere in between, but I?€™m not really interested in pursuing it.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mxe
substancecode_achs
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_secondtime
exptype_neutral
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe your MXE was bad, or maybe it was lack of a tolerance; I've noticed that everyone I've ever seen try MXE the first time (myself included) finds it too wonky, or too intense, or just 'weird'. After a couple of times using it, particularly within a short period, it becomes something else entirely, and to me the side-effects are unnoticeable. Most of my best MXE trips were in periods of heavy habituation to the drug i.e. using 2-4 nights a week and having a build up in my system.

The MXE was definitely good; I had a friend with access to NMR facilities run a quick proton NMR on a sample, and the spectrum looks near identical to what I've found in the literature.

I can see where you're coming from about low tolerance, but my weekly schedule is busy enough that Saturday night is typically the only time I can responsibly take something as intoxicating as MXE. Reading through the MXE threads a bit, I do see it can take a few trials to "click" for many people. I might try 30mg sometime and see if I can get that nice comforting warmth again without the nausea.

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, MXE can be a pretty wonky, disorienting, catatonic, and sickening ride, but it has a lot to offer if you can get past its DXM like gross feeling.