• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bad nitrous experience left me feeling paranoid.

Nosloss89

Greenlighter
Hi guys new here just looking for some help understanding my latest experience with nos, I'll give you some background and then explain what happened last week.

I'm 28, been a social drug user since being 15, my Usage is over the past 3 years has mainly been cocaine with a maybe a MDMA session once ever few months or so, I smoke cannabis maybe once a week or two.

I was introduced to NOS around 6 months ago and I loved the feeling/sensation in addition to alcohol / cannabis.

I enjoyed it that much around 3 months after discovery I got my first box to myself 24 canisters / whippets and alone went to experiment while having a few beers and some weed.

I began to experience falling into a different world and felt as though someone was trying to teach me something only when I came round I couldn't remember fully what I had seen.
I attempted to write things down but could never get anything concrete, I always wanted to go back and I did.

As the trips got more intense I started to feel as there was a presence with me, and at one point I come round in my kitchen talking gibberish to myself.

The last experience before my bad trip I was in bed with music on having my double balloon when this presence fully appeared and he tapped on the end of my balloon 5 times,
He had a negative vibe to himself he looked like a shadow and I got the feeling he was trying to warn me to stop doing nos.

I was pretty freaked out and didn't touch nos for months till last week.

My divorce was finalised and my friend come round we smoked some weed and had some beers and he had a box of canisters, we had some together and as usual when I'm not alone I just got the usual
Buzz no tripping or entering nos world I can achieve when alone.

He left and also gave me 6 whippets, I smoked another joint and went up to bed with my headphones and cracker.

I loaded up a double and inhaled and held it for a while, took in some oxygen and then took the rest of the balloon then huffed the rest slowly, I slipped into bliss, a peaceful place no visuals eyes closed as always, it just me and well my mind was free from everything the music had stopped and I felt amazing, I said to myself wow where am I? this please is so peaceful.
If I open my eyes now will I be back to normal and I did, and I was back in my room Normal as can be.
I wanted that peaceful place again and I had a break for 2 minutes and took some large breaths, and loaded up another double.

I did my usual routine, had a decent song playing in the headphones, and started to slip into nos land, this time things turned sinister I'm not quite sure what happens but shadow man appeared and I began to fight.

This next few minutes from being upstairs I don't recall but I basically had a fight with this hallucination / manifestation / entity.
Unconsciously I went into my spare room picked up a bag of TVs remote's and hdmi cables and used to the fight off this shadow.
Somehow made it down stairs without falling but Smashed into my window blinds and broke them and attempted to flee into the street via my front door in nothing but my underwear, at this point I was awake and aware, my front door was locked my body was ecstatic and I felt this invisible being sticking to me, I was fearing for my life and said to myself I need to get out, I ran through the house into my kitchen and out the back door into my garden where I hit this energy until I felt it getting weaker but it was sticking to my feet as if it was trying to get back inside me.

When it stopped and I had fully come round I was feeling very very shaken up, I had cut my hand and there was blood all over my wall inside and my legs had scratches from maybe the fighting.

I called my mate and he came back and stayed with my till I calmed down,

I'm a mentally stable person, or so I thought but now I'm feeling very anxious and being alone in the house is scaring me.

I've slept with a night light for the past 5 days I had mdma at the weekend and slipped into sleep paralysis 5 times, which didn't help with things.

Was this a form of sleep paralysis without the paralysis?
Was it just a bad trip I need to forget?

I feel very depressed and obsessive about this trip it felt so real and with me being fully awake by the time I was downstairs why did the energy / presence still feel so real still.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Toby.

Last edited:
Psychosis from dissociatives is actually fairly common, and repetitive use seems to be the big factor to consider. Weed doesn't help, along with sleep deprivation, MDMA and stress.

It's important to remember that these are hallucinations/delusions, and that they can either have a great helpful meaning to you that sets your life on the right path, or they can also be completely random and not very meaningful. You can be running around town telling people about the importance of staplers ;)

You can attach great importance "I've figured out the secret of the universe" to some things while you're high but we should be really cautious when we don't manage to retain any of that when we spend some time away from hallucinogens.

If you're worried about this figure from nos land, the most important thing you can acknowledge is that it's all a hallucination.

I would stay grounded for a while personally, and that includes no weed. Delusions from dissos is a thing, and you will really believe whatever delusion it is that you have at the time. I hope you feel better soon.