• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Speed Paste Help?

hoxgene

Greenlighter
Hello, im a massive noob here but was hoping some of you clever people could give me some info.
SWIM recently acquired a small amount of speed paste or 'base' as the seller called it.
SWIM then dried it out to create powder and tried some nasally.
He said it had little to no effect after consuming around .25G.

What is this speed paste, and why is it paste?
Why is the purity so low/ what are potential cutting agents?

Thanks!

Speed paste is a name generally given to d,l-amphetamine sulfate, or d-amphetamine sulfate although in some areas it can be d,l-methamphetamine (sulfate or hcl), generally it is a paste because things like glucose and water are added to it as a cutting agent, as it still dissolves in water, but isnt generally "smokeable" like your classic methamphetamine hcl would be.

It's called "base" because, and again this is a few reasons, either its d,l-amphetamine base (as in, not the acidic sulfate form), which the amphetamine base is a oil at room temp, so then glucose is added to make it more of a solid transportable/easily to dose form. From my experience, but this is hit and miss, when it is called "base" it is generally a hype/sales tactic and not indicative of the quality of the source at all. Could be absolutely stunning nearly pure d-amphetamine sulfate mixed with glucose/water to goop it up kind of giving it that stereotypical look where 50mg will have you geeking for days, or it could be 1-5% (due to suppliers/vendors cutting it over and over as it switches hands and they try to maximize their profits at the expense of their products quality as well as the satisfaction of their customer base)

Little to no effect after .25g? so 250mg? That sounds then, like your vendor ripped you off. I would write in a mail to him, letting him know that what he sold you was inactive, and demand a refund or perhaps for him to reship some quality, and barring that if he is unwilling, perhaps (if this is an option on the website you used) report him for bunk product and try another vendor.

Generally, true "quality" amphetamine paste would be active at 1/10 that amount, so .025g (25mg) in a non tolerant user.

Last edited:
Basically amphetamine is hygroscopic, so readily absorbs water (from the air etc). There is some interesting discussion on why it isn't simply dried adequately during production etc etc here.

As g0to just said, amphetamine is a lot more active than 250mg. I've got some at the moment which is easily active at much less than <50mg. That said, I've also had amphetamine in which a gram didn't go very far.

The 'potential' cutting agents are really too numerous to mention, especially in the days of the internet RC. It could be anything from any of the tens or hundreds (?) of amphetamine analogues/stimulants, empathogens or even something as relatively benign as caffeine or anything else.

Obviously bluelight has a no sourcing rule so nobody could speculate because it's impossible to know or even guess anywhere near correctly.

If you want to know what a drug is, then a sample should be sent off to a drug testing service for analysis. It's the only thing which can really give you a specific answer. Like I say, there are probably hundreds of potential suspects which can be bought with relative ease from the internet. Just search for amphetamine on http://www.wedinos.org and you will see that most of the UK amphetamine is adulterated or something else completely. The amounts and variety of adulterant is really quite shocking.

how can you calculate amphetamine base in solution after dissolving amphetamine hcl or sulfate? You cant. However, amphetamine hcl and sulfate when dissolved into water break apart into amphetamine-• +h3o and sulfate or cl • oh.

All you need to calculate amphetamine base in solution given a known quantity of amphetamine hcl or sulfate is to take the ((molar mass of amphetamine free base/amphetamine hcl or sulfate))*mg of amphetamine of amph hcl or sulfate.

unless its near 99% pure? Correct I am just refering to amphetamine is a base in solution even if you neutralize with acid because a base is anything that is able to accept a proton from h3o+.

And then wouldnt you be able to calculate the mg / % by weight without actively touching or dissolving the substance, but just simply by weighing it and running some calculations?... :/

From a production standpoint, why would it be unlikely they dont convert it to a salt? Because you need to crystalize it out of the organic solvent. Making it a hcl allows you to heat the organic solvent higher temp.

It's way denser and easier to cut as a freebase.

Should have no bearing on evaporating any type of solvent off, although amphetamine is noted as a 'volatile oil' most organic solvents are much much more volatile than it. Volatile means, in laymens terms, fast-evaporating. Yes but vapor pressure is a function of temperature and surface area. When your evaporating your organic solvent by using the hcl you can now use a large rotating surface area and elevated temp to speed things up.

Then your next statement makes no fucking sense.

I know I keep giving you shit for your posts, but please either stop posting while high out of your mind, or at least do some research before spewing this shit into threads about peoples legitimate inquiries and concerns. AGAIN, I must remind you, this is a public forum, not a posting place meant specifically for you to spew your thoughts onto in hopes of perhaps learning something for yourself, you must consider that other people are reading the thread and posts and so take care not to confuse them!!!

If you're going to quote my posts, quote them don't just repost as if it is yours. the way to do this is
. All it takes is clicking the little quote button on the quick reply window. How much simpler can it get? Are you trolling right now? I wish I could probate or ban you but it is not my perogative, so....

I didnt use the quote box because to wouldnt be able to reply to your questions. I apologize. However just because something might not make sense to you doesnt mean its wrong.

The reason people synth speed probably would convert it to hcl or sulfate is because they are strong acids which fully dissociate and unlike amphetamine base are insoluble in many solvents.

Stop apologizing mate, it's not helping your case, and it doesn't make sense because the way in which you posted it, as a reply to what another poster said in this thread, was wrong. That means it is wrong. It has nothing to do with me, my own curiosity, or anything of the sort. Here's a "question" for you - if what you stated in your initial post wasn't wrong, why did you delete it?

I didn't have any questions for you, I was posting in reply to your non-sensical reply, because it was, in fact, questionable.

The reason people synth speed probably would convert it to hcl or sulfate is because they are strong acids which fully dissociate and unlike amphetamine base are insoluble in many solvents.

Again, you are wrong. That's not *THE* reason, you've got it backwards dude - since they are strong acids which do NOT dissociate in organic i.e. non-polar solvents (just by its very nature both HCl and H2SO4 would be in an aqueous form, just so someone can work with them in the first place) yet amphetamine base does fully dissociate in non-polar solvents, that gives people the ability to use the intricacies and varying properties of solubility of amphetamine and its conjugate acid (amphetamine sulfate etc) to isolate, purify, etc this compound.

I see what you are saying though, I guess if people choose to use a non-polar solvent as a cutting agent, then it would be wise to convert the amphetamine to the conjugate acid. Admittedly I have 0 experience with amphetamine paste other than having it once or twice through a friend, and it came as a off white goop that was fully (see: near instantly) soluble in a very small amount of water.

This is basically synth discussion at this point (which is against BL rules)

I tried fix a spelling error on my phone and it accidently deleted it. Just because something doesnt make sense doesnt make it wrong. Im just apologizing for making you so annoyed by just trying to give my most accurate opinion which is going to be different.

Hahaha okay :)

You are right about just because something doesnt make sense doesnt mean it's wrong 1000% I agree with you there. Just, in the context of this thread, I was getting upset, you know? Because I care about this forum and, being a poster on here, I care about it's users too, and so I try to make that apparent in my posts. That's all. No hard feelings right?