• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl and Suboxone | UAs?

Bugkilleralex

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I'm a heroin addict gone Suboxone since 2 years ago. I've been wanting to try fentanyl. I was just curious if suboxone, being the opiate blocker that it is, if it will block fentanyl. Also, will fentanyl show up on a UA?

So you have two questions. First off, no, suboxone (AKA buprenorphine, the naloxone has no effect when used in adjunct with the buprenorphine, regardless if youre dosing on top of a habit already or not), it will not block fentanyl.

Fentanyl will DEFINITELY show up on a UA. It depends on what kind of UA it is, is it a home testing kit from the local corner store, is it a job thing, is it a government/probation thing... all things to consider.

An analysis of the duration of fentanyl and its metabolites in urine and saliva.

This study was undertaken to determine if metabolites of fentanyl might be useful in the detection and monitoring of substance abuse. The presence of fentanyl and two of its metabolites in the urine and saliva of seven female patients receiving small doses (110 +/- 56 micrograms) of fentanyl was studied up to 96 h from the time of administration. Fentanyl and its two metabolites (norfentanyl and despropionylfentanyl) were extracted from samples and analyzed by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. Unchanged fentanyl was detectable in urine in all patients immediately postoperatively and in 3 of 7 patients at 24 h. By 72 h, fentanyl was undetectable. Norfentanyl was present in larger quantities than fentanyl immediately postoperatively and was detected in all patients at 48 h and in 4 of 7 patients at 96 h. Despropionylfentanyl was not detected in any of the urine specimens tested. Neither fentanyl nor its metabolites could be detected consistently at any time in saliva. Saliva testing does not appear to be a viable alternative to urine testing based on this study. Urinary norfentanyl might be considered as the substance of choice when testing for fentanyl abuse.

Fentanyl does not show up on a regular 12 panel drug test. It can be detected in a lab though.

as far as it being able to breakthrough the blocking effect, it depends on how much Suboxone you took

it will probably still get blocked though, Suboxone is hella tough to outdo as far as your brain is concerned

Okay... i still feel its best to recommend that it can be detected, because most ppl the way they are gonna be getting fent is either as a powder heroin adulterant or on its own from some questionable(semi-questionable!? - who knows) source. So not sure that that is exactly applicable to like 90% of ppl whether pure fentanyl and its homologs/analogs show up on the 12 panel test

Okay... i still feel its best to recommend that it can be detected, because most ppl the way they are gonna be getting fent is either as a powder heroin adulterant or on its own from some questionable(semi-questionable!? - who knows) source. So not sure that that is exactly applicable to like 90% of ppl whether pure fentanyl and its homologs/analogs show up on the 12 panel test

fair enough

This is completely against the rules. No drug testing question. This site does not need someone trying to hold out liable for going into a drug test with confidence in passing only to fail. That being said yes you can get high on fentanyl, but I wouldn't be surprised if your urine is lab tested. I would think that's the case of the cup doesn't have the test kit built in, which could still always be sent to the lab for any unclear results.

It's up to you if you want to risk stability to get high.... Really though when you're in pain and can't get the right meds due to choices like this of course caused by pain most of the time. I'd say at least try talking to your doctor first about possibilities taking something less difficult to use right although I can't recommend bringing up wanting to use, but maybe craving relief from a symptom rather than just wanting to feel better or make the pain go away. I can't say they will likely work with you as I get treated hideously here where if I am so overwhelmed with sadness I start crying as I'm trying to clearly explain what I'm struggling with and asking for advice only to be treated like I was pressing opiate pain meds when I made it clear I knew that wasn't happening only for him to act like I was trying to explain why it should even intrurrupting me when I explained why I don't know how to answer what he can do as the only solution and he interrupted me as I was saying I knew the option wasn't available only to act like I said it because he told me so, but the reality was he interrupted me and ignored me. Honestly health care is so far down the drain and is hurting me more than its ever helped yet I realized so late now I can't move forward anywhere.... Trust me you don't want to go back down to rock bottom for a fentanyl rush.

we can't (or, well, we shouldn't have) tell/told people how to cheat their respective drug tests.

It's up to you if you want to risk stability to get high.... Really though when you're in pain and can't get the right meds due to choices like this of course caused by pain most of the time. I'd say at least try talking to your doctor first about possibilities taking something less difficult to use right although I can't recommend bringing up wanting to use, but maybe craving relief from a symptom rather than just wanting to feel better or make the pain go away. I can't say they will likely work with you as I get treated hideously here where if I am so overwhelmed with sadness I start crying as I'm trying to clearly explain what I'm struggling with and asking for advice only to be treated like I was pressing opiate pain meds when I made it clear I knew that wasn't happening only for him to act like I was trying to explain why it should even intrurrupting me when I explained why I don't know how to answer what he can do as the only solution and he interrupted me as I was saying I knew the option wasn't available only to act like I said it because he told me so, but the reality was he interrupted me and ignored me. Honestly health care is so far down the drain and is hurting me more than its ever helped yet I realized so late now I can't move forward anywhere.... Trust me you don't want to go back down to rock bottom for a fentanyl rush.

real talk man are you alright?
pm me if you neeed to talk or something

Last edited:
I appreciate it brother... Nothing really I can do though. I'm in a situation where misrepresented mental health issues as the common olden days issue's ignoring my original diagnosis of what was merged with the autism spectrum or something more like aspergers... My self harm attempts have always been misrepresented as selfish sociopathic manipulation when at the time of these incidents the only thoughts I ever had was to make things easier for everyone, which I'm sure many understand those feelings yet not all.

Social interaction at this point is beyond risky for me. It takes me so much just to get myself up and in life yet death lingers behind me no matter how much effort I make to hide my baggage others always notice and I always run into the same self centered thought that because i talk about people I've had experiences with being a detrimental experience they assume I'm talking about them or a step further manipulating and attacking my character to make me look a crazed conspiracy theorist essentially because my opinions differs as far as what's acceptable side effects and what are not. Such as suicidal ideation.. So when I either explain why I suggest nothing because I know my suggestions are not even going to be entertained so asking me what to do is pointless unless they wanted to rub in my face what they wouldn't do rather than think of what they would as they insult me, throw things around the office, and I may be a Jewish, but the first of the ten commandments is not to use the lords name in vain, and respecting others religion it's fucking out of line for a doctor to end the session walking out screaming Jesus Christ then pressuring me to stop crying and just leave. I can't kill myself, I can't live like this, I want to die as things just keep going downhill and more and more I am the monster I'm being made into, but I have to live and when I end up losing my mind I don't know what will happen next time. Hopefully that doesn't come soon and I can find a real doctor and not just a person who works as a doctor and expects the patient to have all the answers and make suggestions without a care to the results just as long as they offered something after asking what would work and shooting it down as if I asked when I was explaining why I won't explain what and before I could say because he interrupted me and said it before I could (the rubbing it in my face thing) acting like I only accepted what he said and never doubted the possibility of the plan that again I was explaining why I knew it wouldn't happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if I got mugged and a broken leg by baseball bat that upon entering ER I'd be accused of plotting to get scripted opiates.... That's how bad it has gotten and if there's a solution to that please share, but I'm getting royally fucked and can't even think straight anymore. I'd go check in somewhere if there was somewhere that wouldn't just let me can into chronic pain then the withdrawals on top that triggers the pain to extremes it should never reach and tell me I'm whining and that I need to just shut up, lay down, and just ignore it where it's to the point I'm not breathing right, spams to the point I'm thrashing in bed and not just rls, and fear I'll start screaming in pain and want to not affect the others in there breaking out screaming only to be treated like I'm threatening and not seriously struggling to not scream in pain to the point I'd be considering hitting my head on the wall.... Call it positive punishment where if I feel pain when I want to scream in pain.... Makes total sense right? To a neglected ASD person that becomes socially functional yet self isolated, physically neglected and broken, and mentally/emotionally restrained to the point of neurotic tendencies. I know my issues all to well, which makes it worse when I see it mislabeled in a completely opposing nature to the reality of the situation. Shit I could go on and on, but I don't care to derail. I'm trying to be OK, but obviously I'm not really

Lol, mods are slipping, a UA thread that's made it over a day

Is this really against the rules tho? He's merely asking if fentanyl itself is detectable on a drug test (which it most certainly is), not necessarily whether he himself can pass one or not.
All i mean is that it's a bit different from the usual "hey i just railed an oxy if my mom tests me in a week and i drink cranberry juice until then do you think i'll be able to pass??" ones.

Some tests do and some don't. Metabolites seem to last days. Since there is no definitive information on what the urine test is no one here can give an appropriate answer. The site just needs to avoid liability if someone gives bad advice on their boards even if that's just a random kid and not the majorities opinion.

I'm trying to be OK, but obviously I'm not really

yeah, i think that's been made abundantly clear to everyone. your doctor sound either scared to treat you with the medications you need or just plainly sadistic
can you not get a second opinion? whathave your family said about this? soz if i misssed anyything ive been nodding a bit while ive been reading

Is this really against the rules tho? He's merely asking if fentanyl itself is detectable on a drug test (which it most certainly is), not necessarily whether he himself can pass one or not.
All i mean is that it's a bit different from the usual "hey i just railed an oxy if my mom tests me in a week and i drink cranberry juice until then do you think i'll be able to pass??" ones.

True, True....Though I've seen threads closed just at the mention of the words urine analysis so I was surprised is all

My doctors aren't the only sadistic ones then again we all our expressed definitely within our self centered nature at least partly. I honestly don't know I just know tonight is going to be really bad.

yeah man i feel you, PM me if you wana talk more this is a bit off topic
hope ur alright tho