• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question on Suboxone

DrugsRBadMmkKids

Greenlighter
I have the circle orange generic pills. My father is going to watch me take them everyday. Say I were to swallow the pill, so I could still do dope after and get High, would this work?

Also second question,
How do you prefer to take your subs? Sublingual, IV, orally?
I hear it is dangerous unless you have subutex to IV. Is there any factual basis on this?

Thank you!

this is a very common question. usually it is not advised to do opiates after taking an opiate antagonist.

i'm not sure what will happen but there's a high chance you'll waste your dope and become uncomfortable..

as for the latter part, a mod can elaborate here but i have not read anything that makes this combo worthwhile.

if you're on suboxone and supposed to be quitting, you should not be doing dope.
if you're on dope and still getting high, you should save your suboxone until you're ready to quit.

this just sounds like a waste of drugs

It is very much a waste and it sucks, but I don't think I'll be able to get it out of my mouth without wasting it or him seeing.

But you're saying even if I swallow it I stil wouldn't be able to get high?

you'll still absorb, at a guess, maybe around half of the buprenorphine in the sub, even swallowing it immediately. The blocking effect will still occur, sorry

also from my experience, i couldn't live with myself if I didn't tell you how dangerous I've found these generic orange suboxone 8mgs can be to IV. Others have IVed and had no complaints on this forum, but most have negative complications. Almost every ~miss~ that occurred while IVing these led to a large access that required medical attention, would've had 6/7 embarrassing ER visits in the short 3 months I experimented IVing bupe. These abcesses drained for days, looked disgusting, and were dang painful...

Good luck, hope everything goes well for you. As for getting high, you'd be wasting more $$ by trying to take other opiates after you've taken sub already. You'd have to take 3 or 4 times as much as you do normally, and even if you did take a much higher dose to 'overcome' sub, you'd would either: a. Overdose fatally, b. Have an underwhelming, barely felt buzz, or the popular, c. Overdose fatally while feeling almost sober. Those would all suck ;( sorry my reply is so long, but I've been where you are in a sense many times, and so wanted to share all that.

Last edited:
Bupe has about a 10% Bioavailability orally so if you swallow an 8mg pill you will be getting around .8 (just say 1mg) of bupe which will not block very much. And after like 8-12 hours it probably wouldn't block anything. It's different for everyone but that is somewhat how it would work if I'm not mistaken

only problem is, if you have to take a pill everyday, it might not feel too good to still have full agonist on your receptors being replaced by Buprenorphine. You're basically guaranteeing yourself PWD