• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin hardcore Restless-Leg-Syndrome during sleep after quitting heroine

hoagie

Greenlighter
hi everybody,
to make it short, my girlfriend quitted heroine now few days ago after years of iv consumption. For about three weeks, we lowered the dosage to very very tiny amounts 2 times a day. Her turkey now isn't that hardcore, it's not the problem we need help with. As long as she is awake, she can lie relaxed and even has no problems to fall asleep. But as soon as she sleeps, she starts to roll around and kicking with her legs. To sleep in the same bed is impossible but I can't even stay in the same room and sleep when she does and we only have one room. For her it's no problem besides that it's probably not a very recovering sleep she gets, but for me it is. I put her in a sleeping-bag and fixed it to the bed, but the sleeping-bag is too noisy when she starts her sports in it and I would need to close it entirely to make her not leaving it :(. She doesn't have health-insurance, so we can't ask a doctor. Did anybody have this problem? Does anybody have any recommendations? Diazepame seems to have absolutely no effect on this, she took 20mg yesterday. I don't want to use opiats, because it seems she could make it without. Thank you for any advice...

RLS is one of my most annoying problems whenever i withdrawal, the only thing i have found to help is gabapentin, or lyrica. For me they work wonders on rls

yep. and careful with the diazepam withdrawels from benzos are even more dangerous than opiates she doesnt want to get hooked on that. if its only when shes sleeping maybe try a short term phenibut regimen. when i had them issues phenibut made me sleep like a rock my wife said i didnt move an inch all night. it can be bought online at a decent price

Try to get hold of mirapexin, it's an old school anti-psychotic but is prescribed off the books for RLS. I don't think there's any problem taking diazepam for a few days at a higher dose to help resolve the RLS, but as already said, be careful with it. Withdrawals from benzos are hell on earth....xxx

Diazepam won't help RLS but it will promote sleep.

Gabapentin is easy to source and will help tremendously.