View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Question about LSD tab dosage

kombuchacha

Greenlighter
Hello! I've found other posts on this forum debating about dosage on LSD and I guess I'd like a bit of more sound advice on my specific situation. My boyfriend got tabs of acid from a friend up in humboldt, he said that one tab was about two doses (200 micrograms). From what I've read online I'm assuming they are more around 150. I was thinking about splitting it, taking around hopefully 75, but I want to hit more of the 50 range. I'm debating on cutting a half into two, but i dont know if it will do anything? I guess I'm just a bit divided on whether I want to trip and take around 100 or just have a nice experience with less. The setting should be comfortable for me, and doing it with my boyfriend already makes it a comfortable setting, so I'm not super worried about having a bad trip, I guess just the intensity.

I'm just a bit nervous and would like to give a bit of my drug history. Never done any psychedelics. I have a pretty low tolerance for most drugs (ie low dose 100mg edibles mess me up with anxiety), and obviously not all drugs are the same and there are a lot of factors that go into bad vs good trip. Not in a bad place in life (sound in my relationship and school, just got a new job i really wanted) but have had a very rough childhood and am very neurotic about drugs and have a decent bit of nerves pre-usage.

I know nobody on here can give me a definitive answer on pretty much anything on this. I guess I mainly just want to hear opinions about what the dosages I'd stated above would do, and how close do you think these tabs are to actually 200 micrograms? Once again I know there can never be super definite answers, I think I said somewhere up there im a bit neurotic, even typing this out helped calm my nerves about it tbh. :D

If you're new to psychedelics and are a little nervous about it, I'd definitely recommend splitting a tab in half. A half tab of acid should definitely do something, unless it's bunk in the first place.

No one will be able to answer how much LSD is on your tabs, but it's very likely 150-200µg is an exaggeration, as I think nearly all tested tabs come in at well under that. But who knows. If that's true, even better reason to split the tab in half.

I think 50µg is a fine light dose, and a great intro to psychedelics. If you're underwhelmed, it's no sweat, just do more next time.

I went the other way around doing 200 on my first time, decided that sometimes you have to run before you can walk. It went very well and I did 300 on my second try. Not long ago I introduced my mate to LSD, he did 130 I did 260, he loved it, despite being nervous beforehand. Trying psychedelics for the first time is a big deal and there is no two ways about being nervous about it.

But than again moderation was never my strong suit.

Last edited:
I'm debating on cutting a half into two, but i dont know if it will do anything?

Just try a quarter first. If after an hour or two you don't feel any effects, you can take another quarter.

I know nobody on here can give me a definitive answer on pretty much anything on this.

I'll actually make my answer pretty definitive: When in doubt, go with the lower dose.

I guess I mainly just want to hear opinions about what the dosages I'd stated above would do, and how close do you think these tabs are to actually 200 micrograms?

A dose between 50-100 micrograms is a nice, relatively mild experience for me. For some people it's too little to feel anything, for others 75+ is a full-blown trip with visions of dead relatives. RE your second question: As you've learned, LSD tabs dosed at 200 mcg are extremely rare. Your estimate of 150 being the actual dose is probably as accurate as anyone can get without lab testing.

Last edited:
Each blotter is different and 99% of times people are just guessing the doses.
Best advice from my experience: get a reasonable amount of tabs from that same blotter, leave most of it in your drawer and start low to see how it affects you, so in a couple of weeks you can have a stronger trip if you want to. If you start with a high dose you may get overwhelmed, especially if you've never used a psychedelic before.