View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Curious question about LSD

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
So I'm sure there has to be an explanation for this, but it's never been explained to me and I've always wondered how 2-3 hours in you can feel completely sober then BAM! Reality is peeling away again, I ask because I had a nice trip in the woods yesterday but about 2-3 hours in I quit tripping completely for about 20 minutes, no visuals or headspace or racing thoughts; I decided it was time to head home but the walk back to my car was where it got even more insane, a vine laying on the ground suddenly turned into a 6 foot long snake as I stepped over it, brought on some anxiety cause it happened so fast and I noticed another passerby on the trails saw me turn around and stare deep into the leaves and sticks on the ground for a good minute. Still I decided I was way past my peak and could drive home, but as I got close to the parking area through the woods I swear I saw at least 5 black chargers with police lights on them so fear shot straight through my body, I was dead, they were going to come cuff me and drag me through the woods to the county jail all while I was halfway into a different dimension. I just laid my blanket I was carrying on the ground and sat lotus style for about an hour with my eyes closed, eventually I completely forgot about the cop hallucination and walked to my car only to find it was a single black charger parked in front of me, no cop. I firmly believe the hallucination was the L telling me to go back into the woods and that there's no way I would've made it home in that state. Sorry to get off topic thought I should share that but back to the point, is there any evidence why lsd hits you in waves of euphoria and visuals while every now and then it completely dissipates for minutes at a time?

I'm no expert but that doesn't sound like LSD to me. My experience with LSD was that it gives you a more stable high without big ups and downs, and you don't generally see things that aren't there, especially things like vines turning into snakes and multiplying cars.

I'm no expert but that doesn't sound like LSD to me. My experience with LSD was that it gives you a more stable high without big ups and downs, and you don't generally see things that aren't there, especially things like vines turning into snakes and multiplying cars.

It's tested L, should have mentioned I was at 275 ug as well, so the hallucinations were a little heavier at times than the average person's dose, but with L I've always felt it hit me in waves, but I've also heard others say the same as you, they don't get hit with the waves as its more stable and one great euphoria. Not sure, anyone else ever gotten hit in waves before?

sounds like a functional hallucination in which you were straight
just perfect.
a dream in a dream.

enjoy

It's tested L, should have mentioned I was at 275 ug as well, so the hallucinations were a little heavier at times than the average person's dose, but with L I've always felt it hit me in waves, but I've also heard others say the same as you, they don't get hit with the waves as its more stable and one great euphoria. Not sure, anyone else ever gotten hit in waves before?
I did 300ug and while it gave me synaesthesia I didn't see multiplying cars.

how was your synaesthesia? which senses, what synthesis, how long?

you can indeed see things on LSD in the right situation

I was talking mostly about the waves of effects and not so much certain effects.

I get the wave sensation a lot. It could be 20 min of intense tripping and 20 min just kind of happy and reflective.

you can indeed see things on LSD in the right situation
Most definitely I think there were multiple cars parked around me but the fact that the first one I saw was a black charger ki d of threw me into a short little anxiety ridden trip so my mind played tricks on me by imagining blue lights on top of them and writing on the sides?

I did 300ug and while it gave me synaesthesia I didn't see multiplying cars.
350 is the most I've ever taken and that I experienced synaesthesia when listening to spirit of life by blackmill,I can still see the patterns of colors that made up that whole song

I saw a huge beautiful yellow snake with complex ornaments on it's sides once when bicycling on 5 hits on a hot afternoon. It was as real as anything I see now but I seriously doubt anyone else at that time were able to see it - very bizarre vision that had some kind of a mystical meaning just for me, still thinking about it sometimes. Then I started loosing track of the road which actually was right in front of me - it simply started to pixelate and becoming a road into some swirling pixels infinity so I chilled by the river watching clouds forming crazy fully formed 3-D fractal images for hours...%)

So yeah, IME LSD can produce very intense hallucinations based on the dosage and mind set!

how was your synaesthesia? which senses, what synthesis, how long?
I saw music, lasted maybe a minute. Caught me mid step, dropped to my knees. It was unprecedented, I got no words to describe how mind blowing it was. It was this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNE2oCZH_4k the barrage of colours and patters that represented the sound was so fast and intense there was nothing else I could perceive. That sound that you car hear between 1:22 and 1:24 was definitely red.

It's normal while on LSD to experience cycles of extreme psychedelia and relative sobriety. Some people describe this by saying "the trip comes in waves."

It's normal while on LSD to experience cycles of extreme psychedelia and relative sobriety. Some people describe this by saying "the trip comes in waves."
I get that with shrooms it can be anything between more or less sober to tripping so hard I can't even hear the music. With LSD is I'm either tripping or I'm tripping hard.

Last edited:
I generally find acid to give me a fairly level trip experience. However I find that being on one's own (or with a partner/good friend) for a significant time during a trip I kind of "normalize" the experience (not consciously). I can then feel fairly OK but when I encounter what I humorously call "civilization" - i.e. by coming out of green nature into an urban environment, I suddenly realise just how completely out of it I still am.

Sorry to get off topic thought I should share that but back to the point, is there any evidence why lsd hits you in waves of euphoria and visuals while every now and then it completely dissipates for minutes at a time?

I've had this happen once but psychedelics can be strange when it comes to association.

I was somewhere around 3-4 hours in at a party out in the forest. A certain music track came on that I had listened to while sober back home where I had thought it was very cheesy and superficial music with no substance. The moment this music came on I went from mind-bending audio hallucinations where the sound from the speakers was creating a visual distortion so strong it was warping reality around it to dead sober. It was as though a switch flicked off. My mind immediately associated that trashy music with shallowness and connected it to the thoughts I had when I first heard it sober, all depth from the trip was removed and it was though I immediately came down.