• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm scared to death because I didn't filtrate

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Today I was in a hurry, so I didn't filtrate my two buprenorphine pills. I didn't miss, it didn't hurt or anything like that, but I'm still really scared now.

What should I do?

at this point, there's not much you can do.

just remember how much this has you worried, so you don't repeat it.

..and if you ever plan to IV any sort of pills again, get yourself some micron filters :)

at this point, there's not much you can do.

just remember how much this has you worried, so you don't repeat it.

..and if you ever plan to IV any sort of pills again, get yourself some micron filters :)

I IV all of my bupe. 16 mgs per day.

I can't get micron filters at the moment. I use regular cotton. Aint it good enough?

micron filters are superior trust me. i used to iv subs with just a cotton filter and ended up with a pretty heinous blood clot

yes, pills contain inactive, insoluble ingredients which can cause you a lot of harm if you don't filter them properly.
not only can you damage your circulatory system, but particles can get lodged in your lung tissue and elsewhere and cause problems.
it is very, very dangerous to filter with only cotton if you are injecting pills. it isn't safe, and can cause serious health issues and complications.
if you insist on injecting buprenorphine, the only remotely safe way of doing it is to filter with a micron or wheel filter.
you can get these online or from needle exchanges.

i really can't emphasise enough how important this is. if you use the search engine about shooting bupe or subutex, i'm sure you'll find a lot of people and stories backing this up.
suboxone/subutex strips are reportedly especially harmful due to one of the inactive ingredients contained in the medium.
cotton only filters a small proportion of insolubles - not enough to make it safe.

Thank you for your answers, but it sucks that regular cotton doesn't do the job. I really can't get my hands on needle exchange filters right now.

Thank you for your answers, but it sucks that regular cotton doesn't do the job. I really can't get my hands on needle exchange filters right now.

I'm sure they are available online. I don't know how cheap/expensive they are since I don't IV but all you need is cash to buy a prepaid VISA card at your local gas station, pharmacy, megastore, and you can order them and have em sent right to you. This is assuming you don't have a credit/debit card, if so skip the VISA.

Be safe

I'm sure they are available online. I don't know how cheap/expensive they are since I don't IV but all you need is cash to buy a prepaid VISA card at your local gas station, pharmacy, megastore, and you can order them and have em sent right to you. This is assuming you don't have a credit/debit card, if so skip the VISA.

Be safe
Well, the reason I can't get these filters is not economical. I'm at a home for recovering addicts, and there is just no way to get filters here, except getting a friend to drive 100 miles for me.

I.have.IVd.pills.since.forever.and.never.got.any.problems.at.all.as.long.as.i.dont.miss. Idk wtf happened the space just stopped working.

Will the problems just show up one day after several hundred of days with no problems at all?

I've had terrible abcesses, but only from missing the vein.

maybe if you are in a home for recovering addicts you should try and take the medicine sublingual or as prescribed.

as spacejunk states, there is nothing you can do now other than using micron filters in the future IF YOU INSIST ON THIS.

I'm pretty sure you can have them shipped to a PO box at your local post office. Or if you know anyone who has an apartment or house in the area just ask them politely to have them shipped there.

At least roll them tightly, and make several of them. Use one, draw up solution, dispose of that filter, and put a fresh one in your cap/spoon. Squirt your suboxone back in cap, spoon, and repeat this process 3/4 times. Cotton swab filters are preferable to cigarette filters.

Stiil advise against doing this, ime with IV bupe nearly every time you "miss" even a couple MG's of your shot you'll have a nasty abscess a few days later.

Have a clean, new needle, at least your odds of missing aren't as high with fresh equipment.

Do you have counselors at the recovery house or access to one? My best advice is to talk about your addiction and why you feel the need to inject the pills that are meant to get you well. Otherwise, you're going to have a hard time getting clean.

At least roll them tightly, and make several of them. Use one, draw up solution, dispose of that filter, and put a fresh one in your cap/spoon. Squirt your suboxone back in cap, spoon, and repeat this process 3/4 times. Cotton swab filters are preferable to cigarette filters.

Stiil advise against doing this, ime with IV bupe nearly every time you "miss" even a couple MG's of your shot you'll have a nasty abscess a few days later.

Have a clean, new needle, at least your odds of missing aren't as high with fresh equipment.
Hm, I guess I'll do this. The problem with cotton swabs is that it takes me at least half an hour to filtrate 2-3 ml of bupe solution once. No matter how I do it, it only sucks up like 0,05 ml per try. But I guess it's worth it.

I'm pretty sure you can have them shipped to a PO box at your local post office. Or if you know anyone who has an apartment or house in the area just ask them politely to have them shipped there.
Just for the lulz, search for "Kolarmora, Sweden" in google maps to find out where I am.

Do you have counselors at the recovery house or access to one? My best advice is to talk about your addiction and why you feel the need to inject the pills that are meant to get you well. Otherwise, you're going to have a hard time getting clean.

I googled it, there is like nothing there. Looks like a one horse town.

Try this, take the subs as directed and just inject saline. I know it sounds stupid but if it will give you your needle fix it will be a lot safer than what you are doing.

Cotton has been proven not to filter microscopic insolubles to any safe degree.
You're going to do yourself a great deal of harm if you keep this up.
If you are worried about the effects of doing this once, the reality is that it pales in significance when compared to shooting subs with minimal filtration reguarly - or daily.
We're not just giving you a hard time - the complications from IVing pills is really serious.
Micron filters are very quick and easy to use (where i live they're available for a couple of bucks each from needle exchanges) and they clean up suboxone solution so well that it loses its colour, even the distinctive smell.
They prevent microscopic insoluble particles (the ones that cause damage to your circulatory system and organs) from the pill (or strip) manufacturing process from being in your shot.

It's up to you if you want to take the risk - we're only trying to provide you with the best information here, without judgement - and from your first post in this thread, you seem to have fears about causing yoursef harm by injecting these things.

Really though, besides a slightly higher bioavailability, there is no point injecting bupe.
For the massive risks involved, is it really worth it?

I injected a lot of subutex over a couple years, went to the er for a nasty abscess, for one reason or another they gave me a cat scan and found numerous blood clots in my femoral. I wouldn't have even known if one of them would have shook lose it could of been game over. Trust me injecting bupe is not worth it. I mean you don't get a rush or high really. Why destroy your body for meh buzz

^ In scandinavia we tend to IV buprenorphine as nothing else is available.

Most of the opioid addicts are actually buprenorphine addicts even before going into ORT.

I live in Finland and I was actually the first guy the suffering from full-agonist opioid addiction in my area that the clinic workers saw in their entire careers as I had always abused oxycodone instead of buprenorphine and was first introduced to buprenorphine when getting into ORT.

I don't know how anyone gets a buzz from buprenorphine that compares to a oxycodone high no matter the ROA.

i would have to agree no matter how potent buprenorphine is, at the end of the day its not a full agonist.