• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Bi-polar and weed

DigitalScript

Greenlighter
I got diagnosed with "manic depression" and was wondering if weed will have any effect? Whenever I smoke and I'm around people I don't like, I usually become super agitated and distant but that's the normal. Should I continue to smoke weed?

Also, I'm having some small W/D symptoms from my SSRI, my doc took me off it because he said the adverse effects and strange thoughts was because of my bipolar disorder. So weed helps with those symptoms and I really don't want to stop....

I got diagnosed with "manic depression" and was wondering if weed will have any effect? Whenever I smoke and I'm around people I don't like, I usually become super agitated and distant but that's the normal. Should I continue to smoke weed?

Speak with your doctor about it.

Cannabis use can be a double-edged sword for psychological disorders. Some it may help, others it may exacerbate, and many times it can do either/or to a person depending on their mental state prior to getting high (or medicated.)

We can't tell you whether or not you should smoke or continue to or what have you, that's entirely your decision. If you want to smoke and it does make you feel better, though, do that shit. Just be careful about who you smoke with-- learn which people are more likely to be an irritating little prick when they're high and smoke with your other friends.

If you enjoy smoking alone, go for that. Just be wary of allowing cannabis to become your daily crutch if you start up with the solo sessions.

If you truly think weed makes your depression worse overall, then just don't, dude, just don't smoke. Balance out the pros and cons, man, and only you know what those are for you with regard to marijuana-use.

If you truly think weed makes your depression worse overall, then just don't, dude, just don't smoke. Balance out the pros and cons, man, and only you know what those are for you with regard to marijuana-use.

Weed is what keeps me off harder drugs though, so I would like to continue but I was just worried it will make my condition worse. I'll take your advice and try smoking by myself a few times and see how that works. Thanks for the help

No problem, man, depression's a bitch to deal with... I'm assuming the manic part means there's a good measure of anxiety sprinkled in there, too, which again is a bitch to deal with.

I smoke a lot and I have ridiculous anxiety. For me, weed calms down my rapid-fire thought processes and gets me to chill out and focus on one single thing, but for others it can do the exact opposite and push their anxiety over the edge.

Weed's fuckin' weird like that. Two people can have identical issues (say, PTSD for example) and it may immensely help one sufferer while being a trigger for the other.

^ the "manic" in manic depression refers to mania (the emotional extreme high, in contrast to the emotional extreme low of depression)

Basically it is characterized by large mood swings, between manic and depressive states.

I just kind of associate manic with anxious, idk why, could be wrong.

it does help but what goes up must come down even with weed.
I notice it helps my bipolar depression by making me want to eat and watch youtube.
but ive recently moved house into flats and i stunk it out first couple days now i have to fukin do it right out window as i smoke pipes as spliffs are too wasteful and i cant get weights atm so its shit

I'm diagnosed with schizoaffective (bi-polar but I get extra wild when manic, delusional etc.)

I find weed puts me in a good mood (if the right strain, decent CBD level like 1% or more.) Good antidepressent, chill out drug. Everyone is different however.

I'd say the main thing is find out what kind of weed to smoke, my dispensary has shit with like 10% cbd. If the high CBD stuff makes you more wild just don't smoke at all.