• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Addicted to snorting...is there a substitute for the wonderful illicit substances?

cunningStunts

Greenlighter
So, I've been snorting most of my recreational pleasures for over 15 years. Over the past 2 or 3 years I've calmed down A LOT, but I still have the urge for that ever so sweet burn of whatever is going up, and that horribly delicious drip that comes after.

I've been wondering...I'm tired of buying cocaine, and tired of wasting my Adderall, for my insufflation desires.

So...my question. What is out there that can mock my desired effects? I haven't found any answer to my very specific question...so I turn to the best forum for this subject.

Thank you, fellow heathens.

Wont work its like trying to satisfy sexual desire with a equivilant mechanical stimulation. Once you start pairing the numbing without the reward itll just go extinct the reinforcement

It's not the numbing, it's more the satisfaction of feeling whatever it is pass upwards. Not sure how to explain it, it's kind of like a biting my nails kind of thing...it's not euphoric, it just puts my nerves into a restful state.

As for the CBD...no way of accessing such beautiful medicines in Virginia, unfortunately.

I've been wondering if this cacao 'fad' has any sustenance, also been wondering about a powdered caffeine.

Yes, cacao. Many mixed reviews on the effects...something I'm going to have to try for myself I think.

Cacao has possibilities with it's chocolatey goodness and it's legal. Not sure if I would want to snort it though and hell no to snorting caffeine. I'm going to move this to Drug Culture.

I thought the numbing was due to a sodium channel blockade. I like sucking on tea leaves for the opposite of a numbing effect it causes large amount of salvia production and bitter more burning aromatic taste which causes me to chew and swallow. I do use diphenhydramine for q local numbing effect but in my mouth not nose and if you used benadyrl youd severely damage your mouth and nose my guess due to it containing mostly silicone dioxide

Si-O2 + h2o = h+sio (hydrated silica) + hooh (peroxide?) - h2o

Either way there one definite way benadyrl can damage your nose

1. Silicone dioxide rapidly absorbing all the moisture hense its use to remove moisture dehydrating your nose causing it to become easily damaged ripped open and inflammed.
2. Silicone dioxide being harmless in the stomach but acting as a oxidant in your nose at extremely high concentration due the lack of water (ie the difference between hydrogen peroxide in your cabnet for cutts and pouring concentrated hydrogen peroxide industrial 35% ho-oh on your hand
3. Silicone dioxide rapidly acting with water in your nose forming hydrated sillica (like in toothpaste) which could then damage your nose made esp sensitive abrasive injury due to the silicone dioxide dehydrating it

Snorting things will fuck up your nose long term, it's a cumulative effect.

I refuse to believe someone would be addicted to snorting minus the high. OP put some things up your nose, you'll soon realize you're addicted to the rush, not nasal administration of inert powders.

Although quite different from insufflating, Plugging has a better BA then snorting. About the same come-up on most things though (5-10mins). I would exercise caution if using caustic substances such as mmmethamps. Acidic/ Basic substances should be buffered to a near physiological pH and alcohols avoided.

Although quite different from insufflating, Plugging has a better BA then snorting. About the same come-up on most things though (5-10mins). I would exercise caution if using caustic substances such as mmmethamps. Acidic/ Basic substances should be buffered to a near physiological pH and alcohols avoided.

OP is not looking to get high, just to snort. Bioavailabilty not important. OP will eventually win a darwin award.

I refuse to believe someone would be addicted to snorting minus the high. OP put some things up your nose, you'll soon realize you're addicted to the rush, not nasal administration of inert powders.

Yeah I'm kinda with you there. It's a large part of the reason I was able to quit/grew tired of using amphetamines way back when I was severely addicted to them. I just couldn't deal with putting that shit up my nose anymore on a daily basis. Since it's usually HCL's (or other salts) that are used intranasally, it must be the same for other substances.. After doing it daily for a long enough time, the burn in my nasal cavities I had to endure multiple times a day + the constant feeling of them being dried out more than a desert just became too damn horribly annoying and painful. It's a large part of the reason I became so disgusted with amphetamines for a long time, ergo a large part of why I was able to quit with so much ease after being so horribly addicted (daily use, 1-3grams was the daily dose I was at) for 2 years(!)

(This was before I used needles obviously, thankfully, or I might still be addicted to that shite).

Snorting (most) drugs isn't a pleasant feeling at all. Ketamine is the one drug that is semi-pleasant to sniff IMO/E.

You might be interested in pavlovs dogs

Basically he trained dogs to salivate from the sound of a bell by pairing it with food eventially even just the bell would cause salvation but after it didnt come with food it went away

Amphetamine or coke (unconditioned reinforcer) + numbing sensation (unconstimulus stimulus) = reward
... Learning....
numbing sensation (conditioned stimulus - amphetamine (ur) = reward
... Learning ....
Numbing sensation (cs) - amphetamine = extinction no longer reinforcing

The only drug thats enjoyable to sniff is heroin IMO, since you need a tiny amount (quality and tolerance depending) and it doesnt hurt. I shudder to think of the other stuff thats been in my sinuses such as 2C phenethylamines, mephedrone, bufotenin amalgamations of nastiness...

For OP, id go with some sort of inert flavored nasal spray, if such a thing exists. Anything other than water mist is probably gonna do eventual damage or cause irritation, however.

I have witnessed this phenomena at AA. I had to go often a ways back so I got to know people. Anyways there werw more than a few blokes who sniffed apap even headache powder.

I imagine they were jonzing for pain pills because back thean anyone could get an rx and you didn't need scans.

So yeah I too was missing oxycodone but sniffing anything didn't seem like a good idea. Sniffing pills with apap isn't good for you either even if it has drugs in it.

I know cuz it pretty much destroyed my sinuses. My doctotor is pretty thorough but he no longer checks my sinuses because he doesn't want to know.

I personally welcome a break from sniffing pills and coke but sometimes I have to think "did I just sniff some dope?" before blowing my nose.

I really can't recommend anything other than breaking a nad habit like that. Its not like you have to come off drugs but sniffing just anything is not healthy, at least with drugs you know.

Anyways I am thinking of the health and social implications. I have gotten plenty of shit for sniffing percocet as I have friends that hide their drug use and really don't use much but they smoke weed and drink, you know normal people.

When making sure I blew my nose before leaving the houee became a joke between me and those friends I started swallowing then. Also my best friend has kids and doesn't trust many people not to leave parephenlia out but kinda trusts me. Still I would just rather not wear out my welcome.

I just see sniffing random shit fucking up frienships, relationships, and your health. I put a bit of my poor life choices in there to give you an idea.

What paraphernalia is involved with snorting? All you really need to snort something is a flat surface and a "straw" (usually an old receipt or something else that id dredge out of my pocket)

Its actually probably the most versatile and clandestine way to do drugs, other than simply consuming them orally, which isnt really a desirable option with something like heroin or other street drugs

Its best to use a straw so you don't get a sinus infection. I have had one and it wasn't fun. Been sniffing pills well over a decade daily so dunno.

Yeah you can use paper for the whole thing.

Hell you can just use your nose if you put it on the plate.

You can also use a lil scoop which I had for stuff like heroin and cocaine, don't do those much these days. Thats good for smaller doses.

It was the scoop people who bag dope use so you could have an idea how many toots was a bag to keep track. You can get them anywhere ime.

Yeah. I've had a couple sinus infections too...came about as a result of snorting crystal meth *sigh* Which, as far as meth goes, is actually perhaps the most sustainable way to abuse the drug, other than the toll it takes on your nose. It absolutely ravages your sinuses and the sensitive skin surrounding your nostrils. You can tell when you do a line of it, it's like snorting up a line of caustic acid, or snorting broken glass.

There was an episode of "Intervention" that featured a lumberjack in Oregon who was addicted to snorting crystal meth, and they said in the documentary that he snorted up to 20 lines a day (!). Which I find pretty incredible...

I became addicted to snorting and when no one was available to score from my friend and I would snort percs. They really clog your nose so small lines are best. There is no rush or high but if you are really addicted to the behaviour it works. Legal if you have a script. This helped me wean off of coke. You get a little burn. I was snorting my hydromorphs but they clog your nose worse than percs. I switched the behaviour to (still grinding my hydros) using a straw to suck small amounts orally. Never would have thought this would work but it has. I never put pressure on myself and I still snort if I really need to feel like I'm using drugs.