• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox How long does the buzzy ants in my head last for... tapering Fentayl...

Nomasfent

Bluelighter
I am on day 5 tapering from 50mcg Fentayl patch that I have been on for about 6 years.. I am prescribed through a doctor ....l I am doing 25 mcg patches every 48 hrs now (well trying the 48 hours did not make it last night) was up at 2 am new patch and hot shower ....I have not got to the bad restless legs yet, but I know it will be coming ...anyways I am to tired to type much right now....

but was just wondering about that weird buzzy brain thing I have going on.... I really hate that feeling ...will it go away when I am in the real part of the withdrawals as in no fentanyl or get worse ? I do know this is the very beginning of the w/d's
I did cold turkey from loratabs about 6 years ago went through 3 days of hell before getting on the fentanly so I do realize it will get worse before better so I am trying to taper as much as possible first ... I honestly just really want off this drug even if I have to taper for a year to do it as painless as possible, I feel like its really been 6 years of borderline withdrawals every few days and I am just tired of it and hoping i can kick it much quicker than a year ...

Last edited by a moderator:
The best way I can describe it is a ton a little bouncy balls bouncing around inside of my head or maybe the balls they put the Bingo numbers in and tumble them around before they pick a number and they're just all rolling around.....it's not a headache it doesn't hurt it's just very annoying and a weird sensation

It's not that word you said it doesn't feel like pins and needles it just feels like stuff scrambling around inside of my brain Every Witch Way

Actually it's just starting again and it's kind of like pins and needles but it's not a painful sensation.... if pins and needles had a sound this would probably be the sound it makes

And nausea started with it too ughhh...feeling badly now it comes on so sudden

I awoke with a terrible stomach ache this morning day 6 ....

OMG and this is only doing tapering method wow ...i am tapering from 50mcg patch every 72 hours to 25 mcg every 48 hours...

And to make my worries worse I read last night that doctors are only giving people the choice of axiody meds or pain meds and I also take klonapin 1mg a day I was going to ask my doc next week to up my klons and drop down my fent

omg now I am worried I am going to do benzo withdrawals along with this and I hate the brain zaps from benzo withdrawals and read how much worse it is ... I only have about 10 days of benzo left please pray that does not get taken away due to the FDA stuff ...in any case dropping my dose tonight I am going big a huge basket case by the time I get to my appointment at this point ...

I'm glad to hear you are working with a doctor on this! What kind of doctor are they?

And where did you read what about doctors only prescribing anxiety or pain meds? That makes zero sense (I mean, yes it might hypothetically prevent some overdoses, but prohibiting drug use when the individual in question is already and wants to continue using drugs generally doesn't end up working that well).

I see a rheumatologist doctor I have health issues, so that's why I'm on the medications but I want to really see if I've recovered enough to try to be off this medication....and stay on the lupus medication ...

I just read on the news how much the FDA is trying to change things and when they change things they don't just use you on to it they just say you're done they did that with my Ambien about a year ago cut it in half no warning just went and can't take the same amount that men can

My doctor is very good he's very understanding and I like him a lot and I don't blame him for the changes the FDA makes but he has to follow the rules and I just want to be ahead of the game and not get caught off guard like I did with the Ambien

I'm not sure where I read that about the Klonopin pain medication thing I think it was on a pain management board I didn't book Mark it I just freaked out

I would try not to worry too much about now. Any "rule" or law against prescribing both a gabaergic medication like a benzo and a pain killer like an opioid would not only be impractical to create, it would be really hard to enforce. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of patients who needs their medicine it would end up fucking over. I just don't see it happening.

Understandable freaking out though, this is a tumultuous time in American politics (to put it very, very, very lightly). But we'll save that kind of discussion for the CE&P forum.

Thank you for that encouragement TPD

Part of the reason I'm on the Klonopin is for anxiety.. So reading that made me extremely anxious and another big part of it is for sleep....I suffered from horrible insomnia for years...

And also as I've stated just going to the doctor's makes me anxious....everything makes me anxious...my gosh if I had to get off of that...I don't even know how I would function.. I have so much stress in my life...

Are you hearing a mild buzzing sound? Kind of like if you just left a really loud concert? Tinnitus?

I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through. Coming off fentanyl is a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

That is a good catch CH!

Nomasfent, have you ever tried MBSR? Some stress reduction might be just what the doctor ordered indeed! Benefited me infinitely more than benzodiazepines did mid-long term for sure (though I'm not suggesting you just up and stop taking those, that can be dangerous!).

No the sound is like sand rubbing together it's odd sound maybe it's rare I have had it before off and on ....i am having it right now woke up at 2 am in pain and that noise in my brain ...this is really hard I really want to be off this fentanyl so I am making myself go the full 48 hrs

I thought my body would be adjusted to this new dose by day 7 but nope it's not ...

I am looking into the MBSR I had never heard of it before not sure I could follow the course yet right now is pretty much hour by hour if not minute by minute I have been trying to put my mind in a good place but when that pain starts it's just to overwhelming....

Thanks for the replies they help very much

Definitely worth checking something like MBSR out after you get through the acute detox. I can't imagine hot shitty it would be to sit through a two hour class with bad RLS or something :\

Do you not have any access to any medications to help you through the detox?

I do have Imodium and I have my regular Klonopin so I can take two of them a day which is one milligram I ordered some Kratom online but it's not here yet other than that just your regular Ibuprofen and Tylenol..

I am officially naming tonight hell night it's been bad since 2 a.m. my legs are killing me I can't sleep my nose is running my head is still making that weird fuzzy sound that I can't describe properly.... oh my God this is just a really bad night I don't even know how I am going to get through this long term...

Oh and I bought some restless leg over the counter stuff I think I'm going to get that a try maybe this is restless legs I dont know they just hurt, I don't feel like I have to move them all the time

I swear I get through this I am never going to get on something that's around the clock never a break pain medication again

Is your doctor aware of how much suffering you are experiencing? Some gapabentin or one of a number of other medications can really make a difference with the RLS. What kind of OTC stuff did you get, like something you eat or a cream/ointment or something?

You'll feel infinitely better once you get some kratom. Be careful how long you use it, but it should help you get through the withdrawals. Thing is, of course, you'll probably be over the worst of the fent withdrawal when it gets there (probably assuming it takes another day or two). Still, every bit helps.

I remember kicking and waking up, assuming I was able to fall asleep at all, and just basically going from the bathroom and making a hot bath to the bed, like clockwork every two hours. The bath would take like 45 minutes then I'd be able to hop in bed and feel good enough to sleep for an hour or so, then back to the bathroom until the sun came up.

Gotta do what you gotta do, though I still feel kinda guilty about wasting all that water... I was just going to say someone should invent a re-usable bathtub, until I realized how absurd that sounds and that there is such a thing as hot tubs ;)

Lol yep hot tubs that cracked me up ....funny ...

The leg pills are for under the tongue naturalpath type pills ...i of course worry I will be allergic to them I swear I am anxious about so much it's crazy ....

This is just my drop from 50mcg patch every three days to 25mcg every 2 days so either my doc will give me some helpful meds this week or my meat on will be here I just worry that I will be to scared to take it ...u know the axiody thing ugh....

I put on that 25 mcg patch at about 2am it should start helping a lol soon God I hope it does it's been 1 week at this does today ...i keep telling myself I will never have to do this last 7 days again if I stay the course....

Reading these boards really helps me ...

Thank you for listening and replying