• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox How long does the buzzy ants in my head last for... tapering Fentayl...

I do live in a lil paradise here...only about a hour from the ocean too ....maybe this is PAWS ...i will do some reading about that... I have no energy and just feel blah...but I still need to do 2 more drops before I am off ...

Sounds like you are staying the course, Nomas, and also keeping busy as a form of distraction from the w/d's... hang in there.. you are doing great!!

Well today was really good I was not sure it was going to start that way ...we did our taxes and that totally took my mind off myself for hours beings I had put some important papers up, and up is never a good place, because up, is always someplace different LOL finally found the paper whew that was a load off my mind ....

My disabled son was finally given the go ahead to quit the horrid seizure medication he started back in January or February that has been a nightmare with headaches and his head not feeling good so he was complaining every hour or more about how bad he was feeling. Mentally he is about 6 yrs old so it is hard to explain that I was trying to get a hold of his doctor over and over who was actually out of the office with his own health issues, its a long story, but I finally was given the go ahead to stop the medication, so no complaining today. that was a relief for me to not be so worried about him ...But now I think my younger son is getting strep throat, he has been sick all day fever and sore throat so maybe go to urgent care tomorrow ....its always something when your a parent right ...my poor kiddos.... oh and last week my daughter who also has health issues and is blind in one eye was having burning and pain in her good eye... Her regular doc was gone and the other doc she seen would not give her a referral to see her eye doc because he didn't think anything was wrong with her eye... her state medical does not cover vision ...so I called the eye doc and said I will pay cash and I want her eye looked at, I can not take care of a blind person !!!! I mean I would i am her mom she is 34 but I really don't want her blind ...So I got her in to the eye doc the next day, thank God !!!!! The eye doc said under her eyelid was very inflamed and had bumps put her on antibiotics and steroid drops and said it was a good thing I got her in it would of gotten much worse...

See this is my every day life all of my kids have heath issues not from my drug issue I am dealing with now... I didn't get on these till 3 years after my youngest was born he is 10 before I got on these I was taking 10 ibrprofins a day trying to control the pain in my body...I believe all this stress and the toxic mold that we lived in for 16 years took a toll on my health mentally and physically ....But doctors don't really understand..... untill you live it and watch your children almost die, its just not possible to understand and I also lost 3 babies, 1 to a cord accident, then my twins were born to early to try and save they lived for a minutes and I watched them pass away right before my eyes ...

So I don't tell you all that to feel sorry for me, I actually have a very good life its just a very stressful and I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop....

My youngest brother died by suicide in 2010 and we have suspicions he did not do it to himself, but the police said he did, and his girlfriend was kissing on some guy the next night my mom seen that and ughhh my family is not the same since my brother died everything fell apart ....then my grandma died and I was also caring for her in 2011 alzhiemers ....Then my Dad progressively got worse and then his kindney from his kidney transplant quit and I cared for him till he died in 2015 ....I guess I still need to process the hurt from all these deaths with not much support from my family, why am I going on about all this I don't know ???? I think I might delete it at some point but it feel good to just get it out to strangers who have no personal involvement... I don't really believe in counseling because untill a person has walked every step in my shoes they don't know how it is ....

maybe the pain pills and benzos have been helping me cope to even be able to do life the way its been handed to me......

But I am determined to deal with the physical pain which I truly do have and hopefully the mental aspects of my life has calmed down enough for me to really get through this .... Today was the first day in like 2 months my son has had a peaceful day so maybe that has helped me with today being a good day as well.... I think I already said that, but OMG its so nice to not be stressed all day because he is in pain ...

ok so my update I need to remember is.............. my patch worked well today the 25 mcg one which is what I weaned down from 50 mcgs on March 13th ....

and the weather is getting warmer ..I believe springtime is the best time of the year !!!! New beginnings and new growth for the plants and for me ....

(\ /)
( *-*)
c(.) (.)

I don't think anybody that frequents this Sober Living thread thinks you're trying to get people to feel sorry for you. If you live long enough, you're going to experience your fair share of tragedy. I'm older than you and am often embarrassed by my age in a country that places so much emphasis on being young and always happy. I've been dealing with this issue of opioid hunger since about 1977, I estimate. Due to the length of time this has been an issue in my life I often wonder if people that think they have overcome their addictions once and for all really grasp how persistent it is and how it can live in dormancy for decades only to reemerge, but like they say, one day at a time.

I think you've gotten some good advice here. One think I've been trying to cope with the after effects of insomnia is something that is considered a supplement here in this fallen country we call America called Adrafinil. Your body basically converts it into Modafinil and although I've read differing accounts that it could be hard on your liver if you use too much, it helps with daytime sleepiness.

I don't either think you are trying to get people feel sorry about you as I have read your posts and I feel like you are doing the best you can for the others while still struggling for yourself and it seems to me that atleast part of that struggling is for you to able to help others even better.

You should be proud of yourself and what you have been coping with.

---

(I think that the average age for frequent SL posters keeps getting up or then I have just briefly noticed that there are plenty of grandparents here. Soon there will be a thread for how to cope with drug addiction while staying at the nursing home as well as harm reduction subforum for the elderly :)

And please don't be embarressed about your age even if someone jokes about it. Age is just numbers but with the age often comes experience (if you can make something out of your experiences))

I was very relieved to see olderish people here and yep it probably will follow into the nursing homes along with so ac/dc lol .... my neighbors mom is also dealing with this at 77 years old and havingvtobdo with drawls because of the FDA rules very sad for her ....

After my good day ended up my son is having rebound seizures so i was calling the doc at midniggt and not to bed till 2 am the younger one crawled on the wood floor cause his fever was back up urghh..... doc said give older son more adivan ....i am thinking i need about 10 a day HA,....

Staying the course very worn out today ....thanks for the support ....i pray to be a good support to others when i am on the otherside of this rollarcoaster ....for some reason insomnia is not to bad of a issue for my but i am not off off yet just tapering ...will keep those suggestions in mind ...

Love the posts supporting Nomas! Absolutely, I do not think you are wanting people to pity you.. you are processing your feelings, which is one thing I love about BL. Also, the age thing is crazy! There is a friend of mine on here who loves AC/DC... I can now have a mental picture of that being played on the elevators in the nursing homes... instead of Muzak!
I had someone tell me, can't quite remember who, that I am lucky to try and get off the opiates now, b/c if I think it is hard on me, what do I think it will be like if I am in my 70's or 80's???
It is the absolute truth for me that my addiction laid dormant the whole time i was in recovery for 11 years... just a couple hydrocodone took me out for a bunch of years... 6 or 7, and it progressed in that I needed more so much more quickly.

Now I can't get that mental image of Highway to Hell been played on nursing home out of my head anymore :)

I don't either think you are trying to get people feel sorry about you as I have read your posts and I feel like you are doing the best you can for the others while still struggling for yourself and it seems to me that atleast part of that struggling is for you to able to help others even better.

You should be proud of yourself and what you have been coping with.

---

(I think that the average age for frequent SL posters keeps getting up or then I have just briefly noticed that there are plenty of grandparents here. Soon there will be a thread for how to cope with drug addiction while staying at the nursing home as well as harm reduction subforum for the elderly :)

And please don't be embarressed about your age even if someone jokes about it. Age is just numbers but with the age often comes experience (if you can make something out of your experiences))

I agree with you. And frankly, this whole thing seems like it would be much more difficult to do later in life than it is when our bodies are more resilient and it is easier to reorganize our lifestyles when we're younger. I give those more experienced in life (shall we say ;)) a whole hell a of a lot of credit. I mean, it's never easy, but it certainly is a bit "easier" to get sober younger.

Really though, age is hardly a determining factor. What matters is that regardless of our age we find the support we need as individuals to accomplish our own goals. Of course that all will probably vary a bit with age, but it varies with everyone anyways.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the higher levels of maturity I've been noticing in SL over the last year. I guess there is some benefits to doing this later in life too. We all have our own assets and challenges, that is for sure.

Now I can't get that mental image of Highway to Hell been played on nursing home out of my head anymore :)
I am lmao for reals now our grandchildren will be horrified hahahahahaha....

I am staying the course wow its been almost a month only or maybe it has been a month I think I made my first post here on the 13th and that was 5 days in or I started on the 13th can't remember ... Ithink if I could get my older sons seizures dealt with I would be doing much better we were 2 hours late with his adivan yesterday and he started having nod seizures again and that just zipps all of my energy I can't even leave my house to the yard without him I am so worried he will go status elepticus on me again... I feel really bad saying this but I think its really hindering my recovery ...I literally can not relax, I am not doing anything more than basics in my home ...

People ask what they can do and honestly nothing !!!!!!!!! its my road to travel and its just a hard journey ... The good new is I am not having bad withdrawls on day 3 of my fentanyl patch today .... but yesterday was awful, so I do think its stress that is doing this to me at times, more than the fentanyl withdrawals ....I am going to go do my dishes I do at least get them done and everyone fed so thats a good thing ...

The mere thought of being this way for a year is positively depressing but the way my doc appointments go its every 6 months to wean down I suppose I could call and try to get in sooner like right after Easter start weaning again then call a month into it to have it officially dropped ..I need to be half way feeling good for Easter I don't like doing holidays sick ...I have been picking stuff up every time I go tot the stores so I don't get into a funk and not be able to get everything for baskets ...

You all are such great people.... I am really glad after snooping these boards for years I signed up and actually made a post .... Oh I also joined a epilepsy forum so I can help my son better and be better informed that was a good thing for me to do ...I find the more I talk/type the more I feel like its not just me ....

Buzzy ants seem to be gone for the most part ....weird today is the day I change my patch and I woke up thinking I am not even very much pain right now ...then after I got up the pains start creeping in I lasted till 11 am which it actually good but its weird how just moving makes me hurt ...I don't think its a lower dose type thing because honestly I had this while on my full dosage .... If I could just get rid of the pain this would be so much easier ....I don't know is it rebound pain since its pretty much the reason I started this pain medication, arthritis , my fibro , the lupus WTH I just don't know ...I am sure I am having some of the PAWS to but then again is it just stress ughhh..... staying the course ...

Wow tomarrow will be a month since I started tapering my fentanyl.... I have been doing well on the lower dose for the past week so I am today going on a 4 day on the 25 mcg patch I was changing every 3 days ...and I am trying the kratom powder today It seems to be doing pretty good for me I would not say I am high or anything but it is helping with the pain my normal pain before I was on pain medications ..

Good thing to my State is now trying to make more laws about opiods it passed the state people and now will have to pass the senate or something like that I truly and not sure I understand it completely.. it flashes red flags to me that pain relief through a doctor will soon be obsolete for pain patients and I need to try to taper down as much as I can and stock pile some for doing a very slow taper at the end ... this just came out a few days ago https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st.../oregon-lawmakers-try-to-stem-opioid-epidemic .... I feel bad for people who are in worse shape than myself , and i know they are out there and I am pretty bad but at least I am getting a jump on this and just see where the pill bottles drop ...I do believe there will be a upsurge in heroin deaths because people who would not of thought of it before may decide to try it...I read thats how many people do get started on heroin just to help the pain ... so I just wanted to check in and give a update so I can see how far I will be in another month

Oh and I have tried pot I am not sure that is a good detox thing for me ...I really wont be able to give it a good shot till I get into the docs and get on some BP medicince and I don't want to get tested and fail a drug test untill I am off opoids after that i don;t care its legal in my state but no benzo or opoids if you pee dirty and I need to wean off those first and I do need them right now I can not go through hard core withdrawls yet this sissy law law taper is hard enough on me .... I am going to go read and see how others are doing :) Happy Easter in case I am not back on before then ..Hope the Easter bunny treats you well !!!!

PS send vibes that I can find the bags of goodies I bought for my kids the last few times I have been to the store..... I looked the other night and I obviously found a very good hiding place and I would really like to find them before Easter HA

Sounds like you're doing great. Keep up the hard/good work.

Oh, and I do hope you have a lovely Easter!

Thanks sim ....i am trying to strech this patchbi have on now to 5 days ..wow i am not sure how its going to go but giving it a try ....

Last night i crashed into bed about 7pm my body was just done pain restless legs but i was able to do some laundry mop and make dinner that was a huge thing for me to do at 4 days patch day ....

I seem to feel pretty well in the mornings but as the day goes by i find myself having the most diffacult time at the end of the day .... i am proud of getting out of bed for the day and if i have to go back to bed at 7 pm so be it ....

Maybe i will make the jump off complely or maybe just go to 12.5mcg... i have much to do in the next few weeks and i cant be in a shitty state of mind so as of now just taking each day as it comes...

I advise taking the taper as slowly as possible (or at least as slowly as practical). In the long run you're likely to feel much better if you avoid jumping off early. Just my 0.02. :)

Your right sim i only made to 2 pm ...still waiting for my patch to work ...ughh i hate this dragging out process.... but i think slow is better ...

Agreed :) Keep your head up Nomas! Fentanyl tapers are no joke! You deserve a LOT of credit for sticking with this. There are few things harder than tapering an extremely short acting opioid like fent.

I had a great day yesterday felt very normal and feeling good today too so i am obviously over the hurtle of 1/2 patch dosage drop it was a pretty tough month ...i really am glad to have the encouragement from you guys/girls ...think i will hang out at this dose for a while to get caught up on my life lol ...

Never did find my Easter stuff so bought more yesterday ...today we color eggs :)