• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox How long does the buzzy ants in my head last for... tapering Fentayl...

I've noticed that pramipexole helps RLS symptoms a lot. It doesn't have any abuse potential but as a positive side-effect it will make you drowsy for the few first times using it.

I would ask a Dr for a prescription if suffering from RLS because WDs.

Imo fentanyl should never be used when tapering out. It is too short acting for that and even the patient leaflet here states that when discontinuing fentanyl pain management it will be switched into longer acting opioid and then gradually tapered out.

The post I made disappeared thank you for that information I'm going to Google that medication....

I always thought if the medication was short-acting that it would be out of your system quicker and withdrawals would be over faster I guess that's not the case...

I ended up on these patches because I was taking too many pills not worried my doctor I tried to get off the patch years ago and he gave me Norcos and those didn't help at all I called him a week later and told him I needed back on the patches...

Thank you so much for your helpful knowledge

I always thought if the medication was short-acting that it would be out of your system quicker and withdrawals would be over faster I guess that's not the case...

Generally speaking this is correct, but you forgot to add that the withdrawals are also much more intense. All things considered it's basically the same withdrawal as a longer acting opioid, just condenses into a slightly shorter time frame. The amount of pain is the same, it's just more difficult because it is near constant for a few days as opposed to with little break here and there over the course of a week. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's been my experience with short, moderate and long acting opioids.

At the end of the day, opioid withdrawal is opioid withdrawal. Gotta pay the piper sooner or later, though that doesn't mean you need to suffer needlessly (which is why I'm so ready to harp on how there are to of medication and other things folks can do to alleviate some of the symptoms of acute withdrawal!). If I can come off one of the most notoriously painful opioids with relative easy and comfort just because I had the right meds and non-pharmacological supports in place, anyone can.

Thank you for that explanation this is probably my hardest day because the family wants to go do stuff I just want to crawl into bed and hide whith covers over my head ...i said "no can do" now everybody's all bummed out about that ....I will be asking my doctor hopefully something to make this better.
I'm just a mess I don't even know what to say or type....... just anxious to take my Klonopin it seems to ease things up a little bit......I'm praying to God I sleep good tonight

Sure thing nomas, always :)

Does you family know how hard it is what you're going through? Perhaps there are little things you can do for yourself while seeing them to help care for yourself? I wouldn't at all be surprised if they were unaware just how much you were struggling to hold it together, and I'm sure at least one of them would be willing to do something small and nice to help you take care of yourself.

It's okay not to know what to do, it's actually pretty stylish to be a mess you know ;)

I've been having a lot of insomnia recently. I don't really mind it so much anymore. I've been going on these walks around 1-3am when I can't sleep and am tired of just laying in bed. I love the city at night, it's so peaceful! Nothing like a little ginger tea and a bit of a walk (no phone, computer, tv or anything particularly stimulating in terms of consumption) to feel better.

No they don't understand.. My son who is mentally disabled is probably the most understanding of all but his knowledge of things in life are pretty simple ...one of my huge stresser is he had a really bad seizure last year.... I had to call a ambulance the seizure lasted for 10 minutes and now when I wake up I can 't go back to sleep because I think he is going to die.... he made the most awful sound when he had that seizure, if I had been asleep and not heard him, I am pretty sure he would of died.... thankfully it happened in the morning after I was awake and I now have nightmares of him seizing again like that... those nightmares wake me up immediately ... my other family is outside doing target practice now !!!! Just what I want to listen to guns ....Getting in the zone get in the zone hummmmmmhummmmmmm....... now the neighbors doing target practice too..... Jeeze louise seriously ughhhh ...I swear my life would make a odd dark comedy ...Just had to answer the door the lil neighbor girl brought me a flower (dandelion) one of my favorites because when they pop up, I know spring and warm weather will be coming soon ....

Today is day 8 or 9 The buzzy~ness is not nearly as loud Yay.... I have pain in my hips but that's not surprising as that's one of the reasons I started all this ...I took a couple tylonals and will see my doc soon and see what kind of long term plan we can come up with.... I think my major withdrawals from this taper is calmed down, I had planned of taking my usual dose of my patch for the stuff I need to do today, but since I slept very good last night and the buzzys are pretty calm and I can cope with this hip pain. I am resolved to continue the course I am on.... I will drop the dose again in a week or 2 but my body needs some time to adjust and recover from the past 8 or 9 days at least I now know what I am up against so the fear is not as bad and my axiody has settled down ....will update again when I feel a change or need to scream out in need LOL ..Thangs for all the encouragements and helpful tips I could of never made it this far with out the help....

Just a quick update I was put on gabapentin and officially wean down to the 25mcg gram patch....

And my doctor did say that FDA is cracking down on people on pain medications and benzodiazepines so I don't know how that's going to go I have to order my prescriptions for my patches every single month instead of three months at a time now so the FDA is definitely cracking down on these kinds of things which really sucks for True pain patients

I have a interesting thing happened to me yesterday I'll post about it tomorrow but I just wanted to give a quick update I think I'm on day 13 and I was able to go to town take some pictures go shopping so it's an improvement I don't feel great but I don't feel as bad as I did

And I will be going to my regular doctor next week to get some blood pressure medicines my blood pressure is up. I'm going to ask to be put on clonodine you know how doctors are they always want to do what they want to do and I don't particularly care for this doctor it's actually a doctor's assistant PA or whatever na whatever the things called that's not a doctor but they can still prescribe you pills

And I am really proud of myself for as far as I've come this is really scary Journey for me

Also ask about propranolol. It can be a very useful medication and doesn't affect BP quite as seriously as clonidine can (propranolol is a much more subtle medication, but works very well for it's purposes, and had less side effects).

Something to keep aware of with BP medications is that when you discontinue them, you need to do so slowly, like tapering off of them, keeping a close eye to your overall health and wellbeing. There is such a thing as rebound hypertension. But with your situation with the benzos and opioids, I think you looking into something like propranolol or clonidine is a really good idea.

Keep up the great work nomas! PAs can be frustrating sometimes, but frankly the two PAs I've worked with at various clinics have been really cool and understanding. I'm sure she is just trying to do her best. Medical professionals are only human, and humans are entirely fallible creatures - as I'm sure you know ;)

I will try and ask her about those ...
I loved the other NP that were at the office but they left a couple of years ago so its not that she is a NP its just her she has one of those uppity attitudes shes just not friendly at all I have only seen her one time becuase when I have been sick the other times I went urgent care because I could not get into a appointment I love urgent care here same price and usually pretty quick, but for my BP I think i really need to go to my normal doc office ..I have had BP issues off and on through the years so I may just have to get on one and stay on it ...It does not help that I started smoking again after my brother died that was at the beginning of my illness

that I now am sure because of toxic black hidden mold in my house at the time I started up with that I was depressed and so ill I really thought I was going to die anyways and none of the doctors I went to had any answers for me and thats how I first got put on the klonapin the docs though it was axiody and I have since learned that others who lived with mold had the same air hunger problem ...and when I started smoking again I was able to breath better I know weird ...I could never explain it untill we found and learned about mold and I think just the going outside of my house to smoke if the fresh air made my breathing easier, its a weird long story but I am still here and my family and I are improving ...

So I wanted to post how I am feeling so I can come back later and remember today is actually day 10 I believe ...The gabapention helped me sleep very well last night I even had semi pleasent dreams not nightmares like I usually do this dream was about different color frogs LOL I was showing them to my family Ha ....

Today was the first time I have woken up hungry in YEARS I had a bit of a headache but I think that was because I did not drink any caffeinated coffee due to my BP ..I am also weaning myself down on smoking with nicotine gum... I am very determined to get ME back a normal semi healthy person ...That doesn't have to feel shame that I am on fentanyl patch or a smoker I feel that I have a chance for all the thing I want to do ...The pain is being well controlled ....oh day before yesterday the pain was horricfic so I put my other half patch (normal dose) on and it started making feel very ill after about 5 hours so I took it right back off ...to me that's a good thing it shows that my body is lowing its tolerance to the fent and now I would be scared to even put a 50 mcg back on I do not want to OD in front of my kids the ambulance would never get to my home in time to save me... it would be at least 10 minutes to get here and my kids would not be able to do CPR or anything like that ...ok thanks for keeping up with me TPD I am going to try and get some outside time in today a lil walk,even just to look at my flower garden that is slowly coming back to life (kinda like me) that always makes me happy, I love flowers and being out in them all summer long

Of course, I've enjoyed seeing the progress you're making (even if you don't feel like you've been making much progress, I guarantee I am witnessing it myself unfold in the way you write and think about all this at the very least).

That is awesome news about waking up hungry! That is really a good sign, as is that you are willing to get yourself up and out and doing something small and meaningful for yourself like going on a walk to check out the flowers!!! That is too cool, it really is the perfect time of year too! If you see any particularly neat looking flowers do share please :)

That dream sounds pretty wicked interesting btw. I always found it real interesting how much more vivid my dreams would become when I was even just a day or three abstinent. Especially when I take stuff like melatonin, it really kicks things up a notch.

Going through hell again today this 3rd day of patch weaning is awful ..these pates do NOT last 72 hours ..its kinds like when you get a Vicodin for after a tooth pulled it says every 4 hours, but they never relieve pain for 4 hours only 3 hours ...its like the drug makers must know this and want you to suffer a bit of pain before you get your next pill and by then your desperate ..No wonder people get hooked I think if the pills kept you out of pain for the full time your in pain then maybe they would not be physiological addiction . I don't know if that even makes since to me it just seems that it makes a person jones for the next hit .. just to FEEL BETTER ... in the 6 years I have been on the patch I would stager the patch so that I didn;t have the 3rd day withdrawl thing happening and I never had to increase my dose ever in those 6 years ... I am still determined to stay the couse but this is really really hard I am freezing the buzzy head is back and I feel like crap ...I took 2 of my gabapention to see if that will help me get through this day then I am going to stager my 25mch patches and see if that make this a bit better ....

TPD I do have some pretty flower pictures but no clue how to add them here in a post ,so I am going it make one my profile picture ....and keep my mind off my stupid body for a while then go back to watching the NG channel its about prisons ...I just watched one about Russian prison I am so glad I am not in prison LOL that my manta to get through the day ... ""Things could be worse !! """ hahahahahah

Nomasfent-I replied to you on my thread. Read the list of 'comfort meds' I have for my taper/jump off and see if you can get some of those. I swear the loperamide really helps. Take it when those legs are getting painful and restless. And the gaba too. I recommend staying away from Benadryl - it makes the RLS worse imho. Believe it or not the silly OTC cough pills - dextromethophan- aka DMX works too for me. Kinda knocks me out for a bit. Just don't take a handful, don't want to get trippy, just groggy- might even go to sleep. You are very lucky to have the benzos, those are so helpful for this. I would take as many as needed to calm the brain thru this and go back to normal dosage once past the detox. I know how much this sucks and how the clock becomes evil, minutes seem like hours, and it feels like the suffering will never end- but trust me it will. One day it will break. I've been thru this too many times so I know that one day you will feel better, it is just gonna be a rough few weeks as you taper and then detox completely off your fent. You,we, can do this. Stay strong and don't worry about anything else going on in world but your, our, goal of getting off these opiates for good.

Sorry for a short reply ...but some days I am not sure I am cut out for this detox ...tapering is hell...but I also know cold turkey will be worse hell...faaarrrrrgghh....

How are you doing today? Staying to plan? Yeah tapering sucks but zero is worse. Hang in there. Trying to sleep myself so I don't have to feel the pain. Good luck w/ that huh? The buzzing in head gotten any better? I just have bad voices in head, dunno which is worse...

The buzzing is better still comes and goes and I am wondering if its more from the clonapins I just don't know I am on day 18 and feel like shit ...I do have the comfort meds maybe I need to take 4 or 5 immodiums I don't know ...laying in bed and just sleeping sounds so good but I have to do at least basic minimums for the family ..this is so hard I wish I could FF time and be done ...today is headache day ughhhh ...whats odd is I wake up feeling pretty good and then go downhill till afternoon when I take my clonapin then I feel a bit better but still not great ...Guilt weighs heavy on my mind knowing my family has to watch me go through this ... I am going to go check your post mebroken thanks for checking in on me

...Guilt weighs heavy on my mind knowing my family has to watch me go through this ...

This is a heavy feeling indeed. If you can, though, you might try to look at this one through the cliché but true "one day at a time" lens. The fact is, no matter what you may have done in the past, right now you're doing something fantastic for both you and your family. It's hard to feel proud of that when guilt is weighing us down. But the single best way to relieve that guilt is by improving the situation, which is exactly what you're doing. The past can't change, but we can. And you're making the heroic effort of trying to make a change for the better. I hope you can let yourself be at lest a little be proud of yourself for choosing that path!

I keep telling myself that but its just so frustrating day after day after day ... The clocks moves slow ...the sun is out today so hopefully the air won't feel like cold ice on my bones and I can actually enjoy being outside ....I did get some pot and surprisingly my husband is ok with me using it to get off this darn fent but the catch is I cannot even try it till next friday after my phyical because of my blood pressure I do not want a dirty UA I know that cold turkey is a much more painful hell than tapering ... I am tempted to try a few days of cold turkey but then I am scared if I do that can't handle it and put my patch back on I will OD and kill myself I hate that part of the patches there is really no safe way to do it in that manor ..but doing this for 6 months till I see my doctor again OMG that just seems like a mountian I am not going to enjoy climbing at all ..so while I am doing the each day at a time I am also thinking of 6 months of days like this last 19 ...Don't you think I would be adjusted to this new lower dose by now ? I just don't understand ....so I am going to google about it some more right now ... Thank you for the peptalk Simco it really does help .... and hopefully the gabapention and clonapins will kick in soon... I took them early today, its either that or suffer hell till 3 pm and it does seem to take the edge off so I am doing what I can ...I give MAD PROPs to those of you who are doing this with nothing ...

On a good note I am still able to sleep very well and I dont seem to have the restless legs ...my issue is headaches and just not feeling like myself cant concentrate I thought it was Wednesday untill a hour after I woke up I guess I am just blocking out days now LOL but only when I wake up hahahaha so then i was like hey I am 2 day farther along than I thought I was when I woke up ...still trying to keep my sense of humor

I went out for a walk did some gold panning~no gold~ seen my first spring froggie and some baby salmon in my creek pond....did a lil work in the garden pulled old sunflowers stalks and tomato plants and a tiny bit of weeding .....

Now I am back inside feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach so I took a zofran....ughhh I am working on it, I truly am and hoping praying for some relief... I get to put my patch on tomorrow and I think I am going to cut them in to thirds and put a 3rd of a patch on a day and see that helps me not have days like today I read that someone else did that and it worked very well for them , I am not so sure for me though cause even putting the whole patch on really don't make me feel any better .. They also said fent gets into your fat cells so it takes time for your fat to let them out or something like that ....

I really thought I would be feeling much better by now .....I am going to go read other bluelighter stories right now ....I think I may try to do some yoga people really like that so I am thinking maybe it will be magic for me too :)

Sorry to hear you're feeling so rough. Any better today? I've never heard of fent lingering, but it's a bit outside my usual bailiwick. In any case, I really do hope you wake up feeling better than yesterday.

PS...damn, it sounds like you live in a lovely spot. Panning for gold, froglets, salmon. Wow (he wrote jealously from the gloomy Midwest).