• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Positive health benefits of being a beach bum

Frege

Ex-Bluelighter
I spent about 2 hours at the beach today, laying in the sun and jumping in and out of the water. I caught some waves and frolicked around. Not being on any medication or drugs, I could feel the rhythm of the waves and warmth of the beams of light. I'm just going to put it out there that being a beach bum is good for you and worth every minute spent there. It's also a good place to make friends and talk to nearly anybody you choose to.

its not realy that great, i dont know what beaches you go to but in my experience theres tons of drugs

This thread title made me "LOL".

(More than) sufficient vitamin-D absorption from sun exposure.

Being happy and at peace and relaxed directly correlates with lower BP and overall better cardiovascular health (well, and health just in general), just as stress leads to many physical/mental ailments.

I think you're on to something here beach-bum.

The vitamin d from the sun, in addition to the tranquility of being at the beach have always made me feel so good about everything.

And I?ve always believed that salt water cures almost everything, be it the ocean or tears. There?s always a great feeling of release with either.