• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tired of being a slave to subs

percojerk

Bluelighter
I am just kinda hoping for feedback. I am another person who unfortunately traded a normal opiate habit , to the hellish habit of daily suboxone usage . I and legit scared and dreading the wd's. but I want to quit !! I have been taking only Subs , never over 4mg daily , for 6 months now . 80% of the time it's sublingual. The other 20% of the time its snorted ... depends really on what's available. I guess what I have going for me as far as stopping and the wd's are is the fact I've only been on a 6 month journey with about half a pill/strip a day. I obtained 2 pills the other day . I immediately cut them into 16 pieces with intent to use those 2 pills to tapper and Quit!! Advice and plan and a little guess work as to how to go about doing it and how bad I will feel. I am out of work till April . Now is the time !! I tend to have a high tolerance to opiates , would be able to take 5-10 30mg Roxie's easy in a day. I also take about 1-2 mg of a benzo daily too. Please help with some real , experience, and true advice and thoughts . Thanks guys/gals. I am ready . That's how I know I'm serious about being off these subs .

Hey percojerk, I've never kicked subs but I'm a long time H addict who is sober, and I am currently in the process
of writing up a guide on how to repair yourself after damaging yourself via drug use.
Subs in particular have a rather long withdrawal, from what I understand. I hear it's not nearly as intense as H wd, but just milder
and drawn out longer. Can you afford to buy some supplements for yourself? If you're going cold turkey, even from a weaning down,
you may want to consider getting something to help ease you off it with minimal distress.
What are you planning to do and how?

ps you may want to skim through the info I posted so far in my guide,
maybe something in there sounds like it may help you
http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/817897-How-To-Repair-Your-Body-Mind-Soul-A-Guide

I am just kinda hoping for feedback. I am another person who unfortunately traded a normal opiate habit , to the hellish habit of daily suboxone usage . I and legit scared and dreading the wd's. but I want to quit !! I have been taking only Subs , never over 4mg daily , for 6 months now . 80% of the time it's sublingual. The other 20% of the time its snorted ... depends really on what's available. I guess what I have going for me as far as stopping and the wd's are is the fact I've only been on a 6 month journey with about half a pill/strip a day. I obtained 2 pills the other day . I immediately cut them into 16 pieces with intent to use those 2 pills to tapper and Quit!! Advice and plan and a little guess work as to how to go about doing it and how bad I will feel. I am out of work till April . Now is the time !! I tend to have a high tolerance to opiates , would be able to take 5-10 30mg Roxie's easy in a day. I also take about 1-2 mg of a benzo daily too. Please help with some real , experience, and true advice and thoughts . Thanks guys/gals. I am ready . That's how I know I'm serious about being off these subs .

What benzodiazepine(s) do you normally take a1-2mg of?

With some basic comfort meds, in my case gabapentin (RLS, withdrawal related malaise), trazadone (sleep) and temazepam (sleep/anxiety), I was able to get through withdrawing off a habit of using about 8-12mg buprenorphine/day for 18 months after tapering down to 4mg and jumping off. Far from ideal, but it wasn't the end of the world.

There are so many meds and supplements, like some of those Breathe posted in his thread, that make a huge difference. There is really no "good" reason anyone should be made to suffer through the agony of withdrawal considering there are lots of substances and things out there we can organize for ourselves to make the process less agonizing. Detoxing shouldn't be like dragging a nail across the chalkboard IMO, it should be the start of a liberating journey (as that is what it really is).

Are you generally getting the buprenorphine you take on the street OP, or do you work with a doctor/clinic that regulates (somewhat) your use? If you can taper down your use a bit that would be ideal, but as long as you can get the right meds/substances together coming off a six month habit of buprenoprhine is very doable. Working with a professional doctor to help manage your withdrawal syndrome is really helpful, especially if you don't have a lot of experience with withdrawal from long acting opioids (it's really not as bad as most make it out to seem), but finding a good doctor can be difficult.

We are happy to help you however we can here on BL.

EDIT:

LOL sorry, not that I've reread your post much of what I said is unnecessary, but whatever, I like typing ;)

So you intend to use taper off a six month habit of approximately 4mg sublingual buprenorphine/day using a total of 16mg? That is of course far better than nothing in terms of a taper, but also far from adequate, just speaking in terms of the taper.

If you aren't working with a doctor and get your buprenorphine however you must and just want to be done with it (kudos on the decision BTW), definitely try to get some comfort meds. You'll want to stock up on and rely heavily upon comfort meds to aid in your withdrawal.

The most important are a long acting benzo (diazepam is ideal, next best common benzo is clonazepam), gabapentin (or baclofen) and clonidine. Many find kratom and cannabis also very helpful. I personally found entheogen that also act as NMDAr antagonists (particularly DXM, iboga/ibogaine, MXE and ketamine) to be the single most helpful pharmacotherapy adjunct to acute opioid withdrawal.

The more tools you have at your disposal, both of the pharmacological and relational varieties, the better and high your chances of success in this thing called recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear. I am prescribed klonopins. My guess is too take a break for a day to drop the levels of Bupe. In my blood. Maybe even 36 hours . Then take 1mg a day for like a week, then down to .5 mg a week. Then jump !!! Thoughts ?

Taking days off was useful for me when I was trying to ween myself off buprenorphine. It will be a bit bumpy in terms of the ride, but taking your dose every other day instead of every day towards the end will help. You'll encounter some of that classic opioid withdrawal syndrome, given the circumstances (you're working with a limited amount of buprenorphine), but skipping days will help make the transitions a lot easier.

Every little bit you do now helps!

Yea , I definitely want to use what I already have . I don't want to spend another dime on drugs. My thinking is , dropping to .5-1mg of sub a week , then jumping , should not be bad , wd wise.. although I've heard of people saying they had a bad withdrawal from like .25mg of sub. So I don't know . Guess we will see .

I mean, buprenorphine is a powerful opioid. You've been using a significant, though not over the top by any means, amount of it for six months. I think it is safe to assume you'll experience some discomfort.

Will it be like the first time you went through a difficult kick? Nope. Will it be fun? Nope. Can you handle it? Better than you might know ;)

Just taking 1mg of sub today . Then plan on skipping the whole day tomorrow. That should drop my sub blood levels a bit!

You guys my think I'm
Crazy but I've been off herion 15 years never using once . In 2002 subutex in the uk was very new and most chose subutex instead of methadone because subs had a opiate blocker in and it felt a quicker way to opiate free. I I've gone as high as 24mg daily to the lowest 0.4mg twice a day( without telling the clinic I'd reduced ) . I'm
Now today on 16mg a day i should of stayed on My lowest least instead of climbing gradually back to 16mg . OP all I know is when I tappered myself I didn't feel great but it was manageable and I slept ok too . The dose 0.4mg twice a day so just under 1mg a day I'd tapered from 8mg .I had no issue dropping down and dropped quick daily .i just couldn't jump off I was to frightened .I was a wimp and if I could be back to my lowest dose Again or at your current dose I'd do it - because it's tiny compared to mine . When I did the tapper down to my lowest 2x 0.4mg and I did it alone and I honestly had no issues I just couldn't do that jump. I take my subutex twice a day so 8mg in morning and 8 mg at night . If I get up late in the morning I can feel withdrawals my body telling me I need my morning dose . Id say to you OP Try and make this work you're in a good position it might not come around again . You mentioned xnanx yes use what you've to to get through . I didn't suffer I'm sure you won't but what it's like when you jump off I can only imagine. Can I ask how you got addicted to subutex ? I'm only asking because I see subutex the most useless opiate to get high off . Herion and methadone zone me but subutex never ever so I'm just wondering or curious. someone I met in hospital once said he had been in jail and dealers were selling subutex 8mg tabs for <snip> pound uk money which is stunning. Maybe the guy I met was bulling me . im gullible sometimes &#55358;&#56611;

Last edited by a moderator:
So gonna try and take 0 subs today ..... it's 11:15 am here and usually I've dosed by now . Lets see how today goes . I basically have 0 support besides you guys who have been posting in this thread!

Good luck!
You might not even notice that you have not done your dose until tomorrow.

If it doesn't work well have you considered tapering down to a smaller dose?

In here they let you taper down to 0.2mg per day if you wish so before going to none.

Good luck!
You might not even notice that you have not done your dose until tomorrow.

If it doesn't work well have you considered tapering down to a smaller dose?

In here they let you taper down to 0.2mg per day if you wish so before going to none.

I have zero subs left . I caved in yesterday and just said **** it, and snorted the approximately 2-3 mg I had Left. I wanted to be done . I know where to get a strip , but at this point , they do nothing for me except make me worry about finding more . I don't get a buzz from them at all. The only good thing about this entire kick is, i am not working at the moment . I have benzo's prescribed to me... that's about all the help I have medical wise . Well I have went cold turkey on about 110-120 mg of Percocet and that wasn't too bad . My WORST symptom during wd's is the extreme LACK of energy! I can hardly get up to take a shower ! Wonder what the physiology is behind that symptom??! Anyway I will be updating !! Also BREATHE, nice write up so far!!

Lack of energy is there because the opioid usage has depleted some neurotransmitters as well as adjusted the amount of receptors and their sensitivity and what has kept you going on is the fact you have added exogenous neurotransmitters in a large doses which have then altered the release of other neurotransmitters so there has still been some huge ping-pong game going on in your brains.

Now that you stop adding those neurotransmitters a lot of stuff going in your brain just ceases and it takes a while until receptors revert back to normal and normal neurotransmitter releasing starts to happen after there are again normal levels of those neurotransmitters.

I don't know if understanding what is happening in the brains will help to deal with it so don't bother to look upon it if you are not interested enough :)

Benzos are good for withdrawal but I can't use them with respect. I tend to go overboard and suddenly just awake and notice I don't remember anything from the few last days. Atleast the worst of the withdrawals has been over when I have awakened.

I feel the similar OP I'm totally alone right now and it's hard . Subutex doesn't give a buzz not to an opiate addict addicted to another opiate . I came off H straight to subutex and in 15 years never felt anything . subs later 36 hours . Good luck keep posting it worked for me on topix when I tappered off subs we all helped each other and sometimes it gives you strength.

Toothpaste thanks for my warning i have only had one not two .it does Feel informal yet so carefree on drugs and mixing etc it's a bit misleading . I should of read the rules .