• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is Satan Evil Or Just Another Part Of The Universe?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
For some reason, I am beginning to think that satan may be somewhat misunderstood rather than evil. I'm not saying that I'm a "satanist", just that there are two sides to the universe..... and people for some reason to favor the light over the darkness. However, the darkness serves an important function too. So, you can't really say it's evil. They both are equally important in my opinion. I wouldn't say I worship "satan", but I worship the life force of the universe which contains both sides. Is light inherently "better" than darkness... not necessarily. Darkness may result in some unpleasant things, and it's not exactly a pretty thing or a pleasant thing for those experiencing it. Although, it exists and it is just as natural as the forces of light. As a spiritual person, I think we all need to embrace both sides in order to become enlightened.

Wouldn't this presuppose a belief in Christian dualism? Not to mention the very dubious question of 'Satan's' existence?

LU said:
For some reason, I am beginning to think that satan may be somewhat misunderstood rather than evil.

why do you think that you are beginning to feel this way? maybes hes not really a bad guy after all? doesn't sound like a lie he would tell you, not satan.

Satan is akin to "The Devil" card in Tarot. It's excess, it's lust, it's temptation and all of the worldly things which take you away from yourself and your truest most inner path. I don't see Satan as being part of the good/evil duality and if you read the Old Testament or the Koine translations of Satan you'll see that it's more like the destabilizing force that draws people into delusional behaviour.

IMO Satan is an impersonation of all human weaknesses and animalistic desires that cannot be tamed by a higher consciousness arisen within, thus put aside in the darkest parts of our psyche just so we don't ever deal with them. Thus the fear, the suffering, the misunderstanding, etc...

The Shadow is a helluva tool... ;) Kali the Destroyer! Pick your level of categorization...Shiva/Shakti...the list goes on. Yin/Yang...

Without destruction, there is no growth in the Self.

If the stone is pressed by the finger, the finger is also pressed by the stone.

If the stone is pressed by the finger, the finger is also pressed by the stone.
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

^ well, physically, it does press against the finger. Newton's third law and such. But that's besides the point.

I should repost Cream graveee gif :)

My phone is pressing my fingers right now, its nice ;):)

actually, b_d, what point are we besyde?

Maybe satan is just the part of the universe that we conceptualize as 'evil'. Just an invention of our own minds so things that we deem to be bad would lose some association with an all mighty god.

How can we reconcile a perfect god with an imperfect world? Pass the buck and blame someone else.

Like Foreigner said, satan is likely just the personification of someone/something which challenges us. When challenged we can either stick to our guns and tough whatever out, or change course. Satan seems like the temptation to change course.

Plus the word satan was originally used as a generic term, rather than a proper name denoting a specific entity. So the word satan was used as a way to describe opposition. If you believe your thoughts/actions are good, than anything that opposes your position would be deemed the opposite.

So its not really my hand grabbing the g/fs tit?

The tit is definitely grabbing your hand, no doubt about it. Tell her to stop titting up yer hands dewd!

Satan is obviously evil..if in the categorization of him you flick or project a part of him that is in fact evil..

How can something that is probably not real be "obviously evil"?

Doesn't Satan, as an idea, shit on monotheism as espoused by Christianity?

I feel Satan is more relatable than Jesus.

Jesus be all like, holey n shit, but satan be all like, I get you dude, let's be homies.

^ I like holey very much CG? It's why I developed a rather large dissociative habit. So far I'm sold on Jesus :)