Injury Support. What to take to expedite recovery

Cashgarden

Bluelighter
Hello gents. I overdid it at the gym the other day and sprained my groin (again!). I've pulled my groin a few times in the past so it reoccurs on occasion when I'm working out very heavy. However, in this case, I have my powerlifting meet coming up and I can't just rest. I'm taking 125mg of Deca every 4th day in addition to my cycle which includes Test and Tren. I'm also taking collagen and other joint supplements. Don't think these will help in this case.
I recently heard about Tb500 and am thinking of trying it. Any advice in this area would be greatly appreciated. I'm about 4 weeks out from my meet but injuries are something I have to contend with so even if it's too late this time, I'd like to learn what I can do to be better prepared next time.
Thanks as always.

Sorry to hear it! I used thymosin a few times in the past on myself and a few others. Didn't seem to do feck all really. Also a sprain should fix before TB arrives or has any chance to make a difference.

I think you might be best helped figuring out what portion of which lift is causing the issue, as it sounds like a repeating condition. You could be overactivating a stabiliser. How intensely do you massage/stretch the area before/after training?

For now probably the best thing would be to strap it while it recovers and to massage.

The sprain is feeling better already. I'm icing and I use floss bands for compression, which are the only things I really can do right now besides resting it for the rest of the week. Next week I'm going to incorporate some new strengthening exercises and hopefully I'll be able to do light squats. Yes, it's time to go to the lady's side of the gym to exercise. Sigh.

I think my problem isn't with form but more with my groin being the weakest link. I pulled it coming out of hole in my squat. Hitting depth puts the groin in a weak position.
I do stretch and foam roll but honestly haven't done much with the legs or groin but that'll change now. The problem for me is how it looks stretching that area. You better be comfortable having relationships with inanimate objects if you're going to use a foam roller on your groin or at least be on a first name basis with it. :D

Lol, does this mean you aren't hitting your adductors and abductors specifically? You do need to get over to the ladies side more often ;) Also how about stuff like sumo squats?

I used to squat wide but then narrowed my stance a bit so I could squat faster. I know that sounds weird but I have difficulty getting to depth with a wide stance. I literally needed a minimum of 150KG of weight just so I can get down enough. These days wide feels dangerous to me. My groin can't handle it.
I pull conventional and sumo deadlifts but pulling sumo for several weeks causes pain throughout my lower body. It's a tough stance to be in for heavy weight squats and deadlifts for us older gents. I have a pretty good squat so my goal is rehab with that abductor machine and do dynamic stretching and stuff and hope I'm healthy enough to push what I normally can. I still have a few more weeks to work on my bench and deadlift so at least I got that going for me. CFC, I just want to thank you for the expert advice you (and GF) have provided me. Without it, I'd certainly be in a much worse place.

Just wanted to let you guys know that i made it through my first meet, won first place and set some records even with the groin injury. The trick: naproxen sodium and ibuprofen before the meet. I took 400mg of naproxen about 5 hours before my first lift, then another 400 mg about 3 hours before along with 800mg of ibuprofen. About an hour before, i took another 800mg of ibuprofen plus lots, and I mean lots, of caffeine. I don't recommend anyone else do this but I just wanted to let those who are recovering from an injury, maybe around 60-70% healed, and have to do a strongman or powerlifting comp that this can help if you're willing to chance it.

Great results mate, well done! Glad you found a way to cope. Now let it recover and get some major body work/physio/chiro/osteopathic treatment.