Normal testosterone levels despite taking Opiates. Still thinking about taking Test

paranoid android

Bluelight Crew
So after not really working out at all for a few years because of breaking my wrist badly almost 3 years ago and turning into a lazy bastard. However atleast thanks to having a fast metabolism and gluten intolerance i haven't gone to fat and weigh only 160lbs or 70 which at 5'9ish is normal i guess. This is a good thing because i want to get that ripped look as opposed to just bulked up like i was before when i was working out alot. Or atleast a balance between the 2. I was in pretty good shape when i was about 200-10 but i could never lose the weight despite lifting as much as possible, doing loads of cardio and sticking to a high protein low carb diet. Either it's because i cut out eating gluten or some unknown factor but i could never lose fat easy when i was younger but now can't keep it on.

Anyway i also take 150's of Morphine SR's a day for Neuropathic pain and up to about 30mg's in breakthrough Morphine Ir's. I also take 4mg's of Clonazepam a day for GAD and Panic disorder. I know both of these drugs ca lower test levels but so far mine are normal though i do need to get tested again. I don't have any symptoms of low Testosterone such as low sex drive and such either and i haven't had any real problem getting back into weight lifting given the fact that im 35 now instead of say 25 i guess that's not bad.

I guess my question is would moderately short testosterone use help me in any real way without too many negative effects? I would also have to keep it short terms because of the outrageous price of the stuff! Any advice would be appreciated thanks

So after not really working out at all for a few years because of breaking my wrist badly almost 3 years ago and turning into a lazy bastard. However atleast thanks to having a fast metabolism and gluten intolerance i haven't gone to fat and weigh only 160lbs or 70 which at 5'9ish is normal i guess. This is a good thing because i want to get that ripped look as opposed to just bulked up like i was before when i was working out alot. Or atleast a balance between the 2. I was in pretty good shape when i was about 200-10 but i could never lose the weight despite lifting as much as possible, doing loads of cardio and sticking to a high protein low carb diet. Either it's because i cut out eating gluten or some unknown factor but i could never lose fat easy when i was younger but now can't keep it on.

Anyway i also take 150's of Morphine SR's a day for Neuropathic pain and up to about 30mg's in breakthrough Morphine Ir's. I also take 4mg's of Clonazepam a day for GAD and Panic disorder. I know both of these drugs ca lower test levels but so far mine are normal though i do need to get tested again. I don't have any symptoms of low Testosterone such as low sex drive and such either and i haven't had any real problem getting back into weight lifting given the fact that im 35 now instead of say 25 i guess that's not bad.

I guess my question is would moderately short testosterone use help me in any real way without too many negative effects? I would also have to keep it short terms because of the outrageous price of the stuff! Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Hi Paranoid Android and welcome over to PED'S.. You don't say how long you've been prescribed opiates, or when your last blood testosterone test was..

As you know, most opiate users experience hypogonadal symptoms eventually.. Is coming off opiates an option anytime soon.?
Introducing exogenous testosterone will likely result in HPTA shutdown, if opiates are in the equation then recovery might be more difficult, if not impossible..

Hi mate welcome to PEDs, good advice from GF. You sound like you gain pretty well without any supplemental testosterone, and you also say you're getting leaner than before, so all things considered I'm not sure whether taking exogenous AAS and risking HPTA shutdown would be worth it? As for the price being outrageous, look around some more! It's cheap as piss nowadays.

Hi mate welcome to PEDs, good advice from GF. You sound like you gain pretty well without any supplemental testosterone, and you also say you're getting leaner than before, so all things considered I'm not sure whether taking exogenous AAS and risking HPTA shutdown would be worth it? As for the price being outrageous, look around some more! It's cheap as piss nowadays.

Some of it probably is..lol

Hi Paranoid Android and welcome over to PED'S.. You don't say how long you've been prescribed opiates, or when your last blood testosterone test was..

As you know, most opiate users experience hypogonadal symptoms eventually.. Is coming off opiates an option anytime soon.?
Introducing exogenous testosterone will likely result in HPTA shutdown, if opiates are in the equation then recovery might be more difficult, if not impossible..

I have been prescribed Opiates for over a decade now. Mostly Morphine but also Oxycodone, Hydromorphone and Fentanyl. I have not taken Dilaudid/Hydromorph Contins in about 2 years though as i ran up a sky high tolerance with it, Oxycodone doesn't work well for my pain and Fent patches are way too expensive. Going off Morphine is not a option at this point because i have tried everything else doctors usually prescribe for Trigeminal neuralgia aka facial Neuralgia aka the Suicide disease and nothing else works. Ketamine is the only thing that works better but fat chance of getting that prescribed. My last blood test for Testosterone levels was maybe the summer but even when i was on Testosterone killing Risperidone my test levels didn't go down below normal. Also my sex drive is the same as i was when i was 16 so i don't think my Test levels have dropped off much.

Thanks for the welcome :) . I am much leaner then before and that's through diet changes as when i cut out gluten i must have lost a good 20-30lbs. I don't have much trouble gaining but i would like a boost on the start for sure. I'm not getting any younger and watching people my age who didn't do any stimulants or nearly as much drugs as i did in general drop dead of heart attacks because of being overweight out of shape is a bit nerve racking. Hence why i want to get into the shape i was in before minus the fat i couldn't get rid of of course.

After reading about HPTA shutdown that scared me abit. How long does one usually have to take Test before HPTA shutdown occurs? A guesstimate would be appreciated. I don't want to take Testosterone forever just to get over the hump so to speak and get in shape for summer. I will also have a better look for more affordable Testosterone because the prices i saw where outrageous. Granted if i could quit smoking Cigarettes which is a thing i badly need to do it would afford itself

Thanks for the welcome :) . I am much leaner then before and that's through diet changes as when i cut out gluten i must have lost a good 20-30lbs. I don't have much trouble gaining but i would like a boost on the start for sure. I'm not getting any younger and watching people my age who didn't do any stimulants or nearly as much drugs as i did in general drop dead of heart attacks because of being overweight out of shape is a bit nerve racking. Hence why i want to get into the shape i was in before minus the fat i couldn't get rid of of course.

After reading about HPTA shutdown that scared me abit. How long does one usually have to take Test before HPTA shutdown occurs? A guesstimate would be appreciated. I don't want to take Testosterone forever just to get over the hump so to speak and get in shape for summer. I will also have a better look for more affordable Testosterone because the prices i saw where outrageous. Granted if i could quit smoking Cigarettes which is a thing i badly need to do it would afford itself

If you're worried about your heart, you should also bear in mind that AAS have some pretty negative impacts on the cardiovascular system and heart, blood viscosity, blood pressure, blood thickness, pulse rate and plaque formation. Obviously combined with any other drugs, the negative effect would probably be amplified. You can have a read about some of these effects in the harms category of our Study Corner.

As for HPTA shutdown, it's within a few (1-3) weeks for most. Recovery can be quite difficult, depending on what you've used, although some never fully recover, as you can read >>here<< and >>here<<. You may also need a few relatively expensive ancillaries alongside the AAS to counter other common potential side-effects (gynecomastia, acne, libido issues, hairloss, prostate enlargement etc). I do agree with the guys that for what boost you'll get, the potential sides probably aren't worth it - at least until you decide to seriously take things to the next level.