• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detoxification - Best routes?

dilated_pupils

Bluelighter
I am looking to do something along the lines of a 7-10 day detoxification period for my body & clense it.

A few thing to keep in mind:

I work 5 days a week (Mon-Fri), so something that will have me in the bathroom ill in any way would not work nor do I want to experience this.

If there is something that may make me use the bathroom that can be started on a Friday and I'd be OK by Monday completely then let me know.

Also, I have just recently found out on my mother's side that there are some issues with intestines/colon and I'd like to keep in mind that this would/could benefit that area of my life. I'm not against getting a cleanse through the doctor but I'm not at the point in my life where I feel it necessary (albeit I will talk to my doc. soon about such).

And obviously, I'm asking here because I would like something that supports my way if life - which many may not be able to take into consideration other than those who are a part of it. So any opinions/expertise are appreciated!

[To put it simply]... I use drugs frequently (and am looking to shave that amount down). I am quitting smoking ~this week actually!~ and have planned it for a while (this is the last 3 days coming up and I think it's a great time to do something like this!) - I've dropped a few pounds which had been my goal during this time due to the decrease in cigarette smoking, and I'd like to keep a balanced life from here on out. I've also consumed more alcohol in the past 3 months than my whole life (other than my late teens). However, I've never been a drinker - so I'd say a few drnks a week for the past few months, has been the min. amount (albeit I've been more social as well than the past few years as well - but keep in mind I've drank during the week as well, not during work or anything just afterwords and such).

Add this all together its time for a change and I'd like some help/advice on doing so. Thanks!

(if it matter I'm a vegetarian, have reently had some visits with my nutritionist and blood checked - all is well, diet is good, and BMI is very healthy)

-dilated_pupils

You detox your body through food and avoidance of toxins in the diet. That's about it. Short term 7-10 day cleanses are OK but they are usually depleting to the body. It's also a bit of a self-denial tactic, I've noticed, to do cleanses and then return to other ways of living. If you live cleanly then your body is always naturally detoxing.

If your diet is well rounded, you eat a lot of foods containing glutathione (like beets), sulphurous veggies like onions and garlic, and you're getting all your macro and micro nutrients, then your body probably has what it needs to detox itself.