• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Each high is kind of like the first time?

George1012

Bluelighter
Hey all. Here's some background. I started smoking pot at age twelve and I smoked it a few times when I was thirteen but I never got high. It wasn't until I was fourteen I felt high the first time. I had to smoke dozens of times for it to work but when it worked it got me super baked and I actually had a mini panic attack. I smoked a couple dozen more times then quit smoking when I was about to turn fifteen. I quit for seven years and started again at age twenty one, after being completely 'clean' I guess you could say for seven years. The weed from 2007 doesn't compare to 2014-16 weed. I've since been smoking off and on now for two years, I've taken many months off at a time a couple of times, and a few one week breaks but almost every single time I smoke its like that first smoke session I had after 7 yrs. Obviously it was more profound then because it had been so long but I still get physically just as high today I can tell, sometimes even higher. I freaked out smoking the first time in seven years, as it was even more powerful then my real first time, because I was so high and I was 30 miles from home hanging out with a friend and I had to drive later and I could not imagine driving in that state. It took me 3-4 hrs to come down enough to even think about driving.

The only few times weed doesn't work as well is if I smoke within 3 hrs of my last session. If I wait at least 3 hrs, even if I'm still in a pretty good afterglow, it works. It never seems to work as well if its too recent though. That or if I've smoked every day too many in a row. Usually all it takes is 1-2 days without smoking and it seems to almost completely reset the little tolerance I have. The point or question is do you feel high like its your first time when you smoke? Obviously there's some mental tolerance but when you focus on just the high and compare how you feel to when you were last sober it can truly astonish you. I'd get home from work late at night and smoke, or get home from some other activity done sober and once I've smoked I forget about the events of that day and when I remember it astonishes me because I realized how significant of a perception change I've had. Anyway sorry for rambling. I'm just fascinated by this wonderful herb and how its changed my life. Please share experiences and stories. Thank you for reading!

Generally speaking imbibing herb has all been relatively the same for me. The first time I smoked was at boy scout camp (lol) and I had a pretty "mystical" experience. Supposedly I had smoked the infamous G13 strain my first time out. I shared an average sized joint with two friends and it was pretty much smoked eveningly between us.

If that was true I'm sure my expereince was due to such a high dose of a novel chemical. I don't particularly remember any kind of buzz, but had deep introspective moments and some mild, pleasant visual hallucinations. At the time I was so entranced by the stars that two of the adult leaders came to ask me what I was looking at. I don't remember the conversation, I guess they never suspected anything.

I DO remember suddenly looking down from the stars and noticing that the two leaders were gone and realized I had been standing there for a very long time, possible an hour or more. I ended up sleeping out in a hammock that night and just staring into the night sky until I fell asleep.

So to answer your question, no, I've had a high on herb like my first time again. But all the rest were on par with each other.

To speak to you having to smoke on many occasions before feeling the effects, that isn't unusal based on what people have told me. It also seems to me that often people who have to smoke a bunch of times to get their first high end up being somewhat sensative to marijuana. This is all ancedotal of course, but I've hung out with a lot of heads in my day ;p

I lived with a guy for three years in college who had to smoke about the same number of times you did to feel the effects. We partied a lot in our apartment, but he usually kept to himself. My bedroom was always the head hangout. This roommate would usually walk in 2-3 times throughout the evening, loudly announce "Its like a walk in the clouds in here!" take a toke and go back to his room. Good times!