• Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2017 Bluelight NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge [Register before March 16!]

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
Group Name: Bluelight'17
Password: "madness"
Max Entries: 2

Join Now!

Selection Sunday is this Sunday, March 12. You will not be able to fill out your bracket(s) until then. You can, however, register your name and join the group right now. The deadline for all entries is Thursday, March 16. Scoring rules are outlined below.

HOW TO PLAY.

a. General
. The objective is to accumulate the most points by correctly selecting the "winning pick" for each of the sixty-three (63) match-ups associated with the Tournament.

b. How to make your selections. You may enter your selections online by following the instructions in the How to Play section of the game.

c. Scoring. A correct pick in a given round is shown below:

• Round 2: 10 points per pick
• Round 3: 20 points per pick
• Round 4: 40 points per pick
• Round 5: 80 points per pick
• Round 6: 160 points per pick
• Championship: 320 points per pick

d. Lock-time. All picks will lock at the scheduled tip off time of the Tournament currently scheduled for Thursday, March 16, 2017.

I'm sure a mod will hook the winner up with a custom title.

Good Luck!

Here she is.

8n5XQ4y.png

Just as an introductory comment... I'm kind of disappointed with the first four this year. Usually there's a couple really compelling match ups. I'll watch the Wake Forest but thats it.

kak0ib.png

figured Id share in your dedication to Minny basketball CR

dont fuck me on this

Gonzaga has the easiest path to the final four that I've seen in years. If they don't make it this year, they really do suck. Their 2 seed is Arizona (overrated), who they already beat this season on Arizona's court.

Last edited:
I should have put FSU in the final four over arizona but Trier reminds me of Evan Turner in college and Arizona has a pretty good team.

I don't think they're over-seeded at 2.

I think Oregon should have gotten the 2 seed over Louisville but it doesn't really matter

Went off the wall with this bracket, not like I'm putting money on it.

I remember when Uconn won it with Shabazz Napier I said before the tournament that Uconn was my dark horse final four team but I'm still putting them out in the first round.

In honor of that brow pinching tournament, my "have-them-out-in-the-first-round-but-could-final-four" team this year is Maryland.

Weak region, clear leader in Melo Trimble

Maryland could final four

Wait, is Gonzaga for real this year? Let's ask Jay Bilas

Oregon got a 3 seed because Boucher tore his ACL. They can still get to the Sweet Sixteen without him...but no way they beat Louisville.

If you look at Gonzaga's schedule this season... they played zero tough true road games. Every "impressive" win they have happened on a neutral court by small margins. They are not very battle tested. Like I said though, they have the easiest path. If they had been paired with any other 2 seed, no one would be giving them a shot (Duke, UK, Louisville). They just so happened to get the one 2 seed that they are familiar with. Who they play every year. Who they beat this year.

Must be nice.

Last edited:
Wait I just realized Syracuse didn't get in

the fuck?

Wake Forest got in over Syracuse?

jesus

I guess Wake had more "good losses" than Syracuse

what a stupid term

"good loss"

oh well

"So are you just gonna give Syracuse a shot because of Jim Boeheim and his career?"

uh, yeah, that's exactly what I would do. He's earned the extra weight in bubble discussion (a completely subjective concept anyway). He must have pissed someone on the committee off

Last edited:
Syracuse was something like 2-8 on the road. Lost to Boston College. Yes they had a couple of good wins but that doesn't mean as much in the ACC where you have so many opportunities to play elite teams. You could make an argument for why they should be in over another bubble team, but you could do the same for other teams that got left out.

Last edited:
i'm not giving my info to ESPN but i will post all my picks
i only typed out who i think will win and how many games I have them winning
i'll keep track of my points as the thing goes on

East:
NSFW:

Villanova
Wisconsin x 3
UVA x 2
ETSU
SMU x 2
Baylor
South Carolina
Duke x 5

West
NSFW:

Gonzaga x 2
Northwestern
Princeton
WVU x 3
Maryland
FSU x 4
VCU
Arizona x 2

Midwest:
NSFW:

Kansas x 2
Mich State
Nevada
Purdue x 3
Rhode Island x 2
Oregon
Oklahoma State
Louisville x 4

South
NSFW:

UNC x 3
Seton Hall
Minnesota x 2
Winthrop
Kansas State
UCLA x 2
Wichita State
Kentucky x 6

weird, no big east teams in sweet 16

Really dude, you're gonna pick Kentucky to win over Duke in the final? The same thing as me?

pretty sure mal3volent picked Kentucky as well. Yeah this year should be fun tho...

wait I had to adjust to your horrible formatting for a second

you have Purdue beating Kansas

johnny-bravo-door-slam-o.gif

Last edited:
I pick UK every year. I have Nova in my other bracket tho.

Kentucky doesn't play until almost ten tonight. Ugh.

sorry about Minnesota btw CR... I thought they played well.

fucking Vandy...that was the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

You're doing pretty good @mal3volent ... This Creighton vs Rhode Island game should be good. Love March Madness ?

There goes my Villanova bracket lol. Great game. I hope we get to see Wisconsin Duke.

sorry about Minnesota btw CR... I thought they played well.
they played good the first 2 minutes and a few minutes sprinkled in

their passing was horrible, just lolly popping shit up aimlessly, turning the ball over, complete lapses of defense...it was rough, i killed a bottle of whiskey and i'm not even a boozer

nate mason played like a 10th team big ten PG instead of a 1st

the game really proved how important their lone senior was

ACC proving that they're only good because the media says so, hilarious that their best win is vs princeton, unfortunately duke or unc wont be tested until sweet 16, michigan is almost looking like a lock vs louisville

duke/unc/louisville combined have ZERO RPI top 50 road wins, their best road wins: cuse, wake, clemson, pitt....ohhhwowow scary!

Really dude, you're gonna pick Kentucky to win over Duke in the final? The same thing as me?

pretty sure mal3volent picked Kentucky as well. Yeah this year should be fun tho...

wait I had to adjust to your horrible formatting for a second

you have Purdue beating Kansas

johnny-bravo-door-slam-o.gif
indiana beat the shit out of kansas and they blow

purdue is probably going to play michigan state anyway - although big 12 is playing well unlike garbage ACC...i've been calling out ACC as a garbage conference all season, they play BAD nba style basketball, it's predictable and sloppy

i picked wisconsin to beat villawawa too, how foolish of me

Northwestern deserved to win that game. Terrible officiating. Oh well. Good luck with WV, Gonzaga.