ACC - 1

Big 10 - 3

Big East - 2

Big 12 - 3

Pac 12 - 3

SEC - 3

WCC - 1

looks like we got ourselves a tie atm brosephs

CR: this is your final chance to have a shame and ridicule free admission that the Big 10 is not as good at basketball as the other conferences.

My 2 teams are about to lay a beat down on the Big 10.

Michigan / Oregon matchup, I know Arci probably has Michigan winning it all. Poor kid

Kansas / Purdue: just can't see Kansas losing this game. Can't do it

oh man this sweet 16 should be fun. So many tears, and at the end of the day I still just need Kentucky and Wisconsin to win since Duke lost and I need a team that not too many people had

Kentucky / UCLA feels like one of those games that could be a classic

Kentucky beats Butler to reach final four

Oregon beats Kansas

Arizona beats Gonzaga

East region is irrelevant

Kentucky beats Oregon

Kentucky beats _____ to win it all

criteria for 2017 shimazu world championship. Save me Midwest region!

It's fun watching all the ACC apologists on tv today. Coach K was salty as hell in his press conference.

Bleacher Report said:
The Wildcats already defeated one of the most egregiously under-seeded teams ever, and we know they'll face UCLA's incredible offense in the Sweet 16, a rematch of a thrilling 97-92 game from earlier this season. If Kentucky wins that one, it will likely run into North Carolina and another rematch of a 103-100 game in December.

Beat the Tar Heels and the Wildcats could have yet another rematch of a fantastic game if they were to run into Kansas in the Final Four. In the Big 12-SEC Challenge, Kansas got the better of Kentucky in a 79-73 instant classic.

And if the basketball gods smile upon us, Gonzaga would be waiting for Kentucky in the national championship game for the best David vs. Goliath battle for the title since Duke vs. Butler in 2010.

To recap, that's Wichita State, UCLA, North Carolina, Kansas and Gonzaga—otherwise known as the two best mid-majors in the country and three blue-blood programs. At the very least, that would rival Arizona's beating three No. 1 seeds in 1997 as the greatest championship run of all time.

jesus

It's fun watching all the ACC apologists on tv today. Coach K was salty as hell in his press conference.
176a2cc748d1da4405a40a5b9e93f0d8.gif

I'd rather play Gonzaga then Arizona or Baylor

yeah if Kentucky wins this year you can't say they didn't earn it though

Just for fun lets do some sweet sixteen pickems...since most of us didn't predict all of these matchups initially.

3 Oregon vs. 7 Michigan
1 Gonzaga vs. 4 West Virginia
1 Kansas vs. 4 Purdue
2 Arizona vs. 11 Xavier
1 UNC vs. 4 Butler
2 Kentucky vs. 3 UCLA
4 Florida vs. 8 Wisconsin
3 Baylor vs. 7 South Carolina

Watching Gonzaga play is like watching one of those SPCA commercials with the wide-eyed and shivering dogs that they slowly pan across the screen

Not sure what that is supposed to mean but I fucking hate that team

If WVU wasn't absolutely horrendous on offense the game isn't even close

If Sean Miller doesn't get to the final he needs to get canned. Stop fucking around Arizona it's been 20 years since you won a championship. Are you a big boy school or not?

Yeah Sean Miller has to go. Xavier is a dangerous team in March every year, but I feel like Arizona has been "about to win a title" for a long time now and every year they ruin my bracket with their ineptitude

Oregon / Michigan was a good game

Gonzaga/WVU and Kansas /Purdue were not, for different reasons

Kansas / Purdue was a blowout (sup CR). Zaga/WVU was just terrible basketball

last chance for the Big 10 is Wisconsin against Florida. I could see them moving on though

This is the most conflicted I've felt about college basketball since Temple played San Diego St in the tournament a few years back

the Kansas / Oregon matchup that is

my head says Kansas will win, and my heart is kind of with Kansas as well

but I'm just too much of a hipster to go against Oregon. Aka, the team I chose to be a fan of for absolutely no reason about 5 years ago solely because I had a feeling they were on the rise and I wanted to be able to say I was a fan before it was cool

I can never say that about Kansas, they have been dominant at basketball since segregation was legal

the only reason I even like Kansas is because of a 2008 tournament victory that won my bracket pool.

So based off of these two completely superficial reasons, I have to side with Oregon here.

But I am happy either way.

BOLD prediction for tonight's UCLA/Kentucky game:

Malik Monk scores >30 points

I was 5-3 in the sweet sixteen. Subotai was 3-5.

Elite Eight winners

Gonzaga over Xavier
Kansas over Oregon
Kentucky over UNC
South Carolina over Florida

If Gonzaga beats Florida/South Carolina to get to the championship, I'm pretty sure thelung will have won the bracket

But if Gonzaga loses to UF/USC, and Kentucky wins it all, winner of the pool

<--- this guy

south-park-s09e05c07-bat-dad-16x9.jpg

i want to thank the Midwest region, everyone else can eat a dick

Gonzaga -> easiest final four route ive ever seen

Kentucky -> hardest

Yeah... South Dakota St., Northwestern, West Virginia, then #11 Xavier to get into the final four. Hahaha... Nice job, NCAA, you've finally made Gonzaga relevant after years and years of trying.