• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Could Drugs Be ALL it's About?

Fad Gadget

Greenlighter
I don't think it's too hard to believe that this could be true. There is nothing really stopping this idea imo other than philosophy. As compounds differ then why not us. I suppose im just wondering about drugs and evolution. Theyve certainly made me more atuned to the importance of evolution. Maybe thats all its all about on a biological level.

The meek will not inhherit the earth.

When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Love that saying.

I've thought about that and I think it has to be true, at least from a certain standpoint. The configuration of chemicals alter the flow of energy which changes everything. And think about analogs of drugs. They usually give similar results, but still not quite the same. It amazes me how the tiniest alteration to the form of a chemical completely atler the experience the chemical gives.

But I don't think drugs are ALL there is. Just a link in the chain reaction that gives rise to our existences. So more or less a streamlined representation of a more fluid reality. Like piping. Pipes don't make water, they just help it to flow to where we want it to go.

And the meek probably will inherit the earth. A lot of the biggest animals in the world aren't predatory. They eat either plants or tiny, tiny animals that reach plague proportions. I think most predators evolved just to keep the ecosystem in balance.

life is full of higher order constructs that are very difficult to reduce down to drugs. Like how would you explain ethics and why its pretty fucked to steal you neighbors stereo system based on drugs. I suppose there could be a combination of neurotransmitters responsible for that, and if that's the most useful way to look at it for you go ahead. I'm not going to say you're wrong, but if you truly believe it, then learn all you can about drugs. Become a neuroscientist and keep elevating your understanding of drugs. Otherwise drugs will chew you up and spit you out. They're kinda ruthless like that.

Like how would you explain ethics and why its pretty fucked to steal you neighbors stereo system based on drugs.

Because in simpler times there was no materialism, possessions became a man-made (literally) construct sometime around the emergence of agriculture when people could start to accumulate resources and inequality emerged. Previous to this nobody would have 'stolen' your stereo because your stereo would have been a shared resource. Like everything, including the drugs, were.

Yes, in a way I think it could 'be all about drugs' too.

Prohibition has certainly provided us with the biggest lie (and most personal danger in peace time) ever.

Well getting high is always awesome..sometimes the other effects of drugs are not, what soever,, and however..

But the idea of being high in general is a principle in life..just like emotion..which guides us to do the things we do.. which is innocent in and of itself..

So are drugs everything and the be all and end all.. probably some of the time..

But there are other experiences..and things in life that are good..or even as good as drugs..

Sex and romance for example^^

Meditation too!

Which is also Greatly enhanced by drugs...depends on the combinations of things you do in your life I guess which would resemble a total percentage of high..Im about 56% high..as a standard...but id like to ultimately be 100%

Sex and romance for example^^

I will go ahead and say that the experience of being in love is better than any drug. Like the feeling when you're physically intimate with someone you love, whether that's sex or snuggling or whatever, beats any other feeling. Or the feeling of being flooded with love when you see them or they do something great. Drugs can enhance or detract from that feeling too, depending on the situation and the drug.

All feelings and perceptions we have are the result of chemicals, mostly endogenous ones. So in that sense, I suppose it is all about the drugs. But I would say that to put too much focus on external drugs to alter consciousness is a mistake. Don't get me wrong, psychedelics have changed my life, saved my life in one case. The experiences have been very important to me, I would never take them back, and I think they can help many people. But ultimately, actually changing your attitudes and behaviors can only be glimpsed with drugs, you have to then do the work to integrate that into your life and maintain it. Without that, the very drugs that initially helped can become a big problem, when you think they're necessary to your life. This can end up leading to delusion and abuse.

When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail.
LOL. Thanks for that!

I haven't gotten high (pot) in 25 years? I always said that if they legalize it I would spend ONE Sunday a month getting high AF and watching cartoons all day. My one day to reboot!

It isn't legal in the state where I live, but I'm not sure I would live up to that promise if it were legal. I used to forget SO MUCH that I'm not sure I want to do that again. Plus the munchies, damn!

I had this kind of view once and I wound up getting hurt bad and wasting most of my youth as a walking, dying joke until finally I had to stop. I lived under the notion that pleasure was the ultimate good and if an injection of crystal meth was the ultimate pleasure than crystal meth was the ultimate good. It was really just a cover for moral ambivalence and complete and total intellectual ignorance. I was called in a different direction and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I've had some powerful drug experiences. I've injected large quantities of methamphetamine, I've dropped high-powers blotters, DXM, and pain pills. It may very well be that drugs are in fact part of our natural life processes. I feel much like plants that these chemicals may very well be there for a reason. I'm not sure on this though, not at all. I've shared this notion about drugs and evolution and everything else and even since I came in to this new lifestyle but the reality is this: Until I get everything else together first: and there's a lot to learn and do: drugs really shouldn't even be a priority.

This is just me, though.

I think drugs shouldn't ever be the priority. They make great enhancers of things, but if the entire point is to do some drugs, it's a red flag.

As to the original point of this thread, yeah, everything is chemicals.

I will go ahead and say that the experience of being in love is better than any drug. Like the feeling when you're physically intimate with someone you love, whether that's sex or snuggling or whatever, beats any other feeling. Or the feeling of being flooded with love when you see them or they do something great. Drugs can enhance or detract from that feeling too, depending on the situation and the drug.

All feelings and perceptions we have are the result of chemicals, mostly endogenous ones. So in that sense, I suppose it is all about the drugs. But I would say that to put too much focus on external drugs to alter consciousness is a mistake. Don't get me wrong, psychedelics have changed my life, saved my life in one case. The experiences have been very important to me, I would never take them back, and I think they can help many people. But ultimately, actually changing your attitudes and behaviors can only be glimpsed with drugs, you have to then do the work to integrate that into your life and maintain it. Without that, the very drugs that initially helped can become a big problem, when you think they're necessary to your life. This can end up leading to delusion and abuse.

amen to that brother

OP

could be.

Love is definitely the best as far as I've found. LSD/MDMA with someone you love is a close second.

Agree with Xorkoth and JahSEEsuS that the best feeling is love and no drug matches it.
Falling in love and secure love (possibly with family or like-family or long-term commitment) are the sweetest for me.
No drug has touched those feelings!

I don't think it's too hard to believe that this could be true. There is nothing really stopping this idea imo other than philosophy. As compounds differ then why not us. I suppose im just wondering about drugs and evolution. Theyve certainly made me more atuned to the importance of evolution. Maybe thats all its all about on a biological level.

The meek will not inhherit the earth.

What a drug is, any drug, is only a certain combination of certain elements that make up molecules that are arranged in a certain combination, that is it.

It goes for everything, food, rocks, plants.

So in essence, we are actually just very intricately arranged molecules.

If you look at it, you are a huge walking, talking drug.
But at the end of the day Love reigns supreme over all that exists.

Love is truth and truth is love and love is God. Full stop.