Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

I'm not quite sure if i have HPPD

I'mNotQuiteSure

Greenlighter
Hello guys,

I'm 16 years old, and I had a bad trip 2 and a half months ago. The first 3 weeks i was very anxious all the time and had the feeling of depersonalization, but only for two days or something (could've just been from a really bad jetlag i got from flying back from Los Angeles). But things started to get normal after a week. I did have some more anxiety than that i was used to, but not really to the point that i couldn't cope with it. But like a month ago i went to a very large concert (Drake btw, some of you may hate him haha) and the morning after i noticed that my vision was different. Not all too bad, but also not to my liking. At first i thought it was the fatigue (could still just be that) or that i had a shortage of a hormone of some sort. I wasn't really anxious at that time either. But as you may have expected, i'm way to curious and i couldn't just wait and sit it out, that's when i came across HPPD on the internet. Suddently my heart dropped, i thought: 'oh my god, this is exactly what i'm going through right now.' And for those few hours is was really anxious. I don't suffer from DP/DR and my anxiety is at a level that almost any normal person has. I only took a oxazepam once or twice. I did see that my symptoms have decreased a bit the last two weeks, but the only thing i'm anxious about is that i will not fully recover. And i'm not even sure if it's really HPPD.

Psychological Symptoms:
- Mild Anxiety
- I have always been a mildly depressed person.
- tinnitus that i always suffered from, from time to time.

Visual Symptoms:
- Visual static/snow on really dark objects, but also very mild, or when i close my eyes. (in the beginning it was way worse.)
- Positive afterimages (like when i look at bright things, they remain in like my thought or vision idk for about 0,5 seconds.
- Mild trailing (at least i think) because when i didn't read about trailing i didn't even think about it, it could also just be normal

And i have had floaters since i was a little kid, but don't notice them much more than before.

The weird thing is that it has decreased significantly in a very short period of time (considering there are people who cure from HPPD after years and years). And i didn't use any meds. Only the oxazepam twice but that was before the visions got to me. It may sound weird but i spend hours watching videos of TV static on youtube, that may be a factor of decreasing my visual snow at some level. Try it out, it's actually pretty calming in a way.

Sooo, my question is: do you guys think i have HPPD? I've also been a healthy person the last few years. I only drank like four times a year, smoked cannabis twice before this happened, and my diet is pretty healthy. I notice all of my symptoms are very mild, but i'd also like to not have them, it's not that they are really destroying my life or anything.
I got my bad trip from very strong Hasj / cannabis. But i didn't have like really weird visuals or hallucinations.

Will this fully recover? Or at least to a point i won't notice it?

I already eat a lot of food that support neurogenesis, i always really cared for that kinda stuff. A healthy mind is a healthy way of living!

This has happened to me to a much greater degree where everything would look like plate-tectonics at work with the magma in the cracks of breaking up words floating on pages and very mild patterning and always went away within a few months of abstinence. You will probably return to normal but maybe others could input. I have always had lots of static since before using.

I am having the same thing, but my trip was from 25i-NBOMe or some kind of Do-x, but I've been having the same symptoms as you have described, except the tinnitus. I know that tinnitus is common in HPPD, but I guess it hasn't picked up on me. But I have a really strange thing that's happening where I always see something in the corner of my left eye. I would be sitting on my computer and see something outside the room (door is on my left) constantly, just looking over again and again, but there's nothing there.
I see that you've posted this back in march, but if you're still active, give us an update on how you are now.
Thanks for the thread.

I am having the same thing, but my trip was from 25i-NBOMe or some kind of Do-x, but I've been having the same symptoms as you have described, except the tinnitus. I know that tinnitus is common in HPPD, but I guess it hasn't picked up on me. But I have a really strange thing that's happening where I always see something in the corner of my left eye. I would be sitting on my computer and see something outside the room (door is on my left) constantly, just looking over again and again, but there's nothing there.
I see that you've posted this back in march, but if you're still active, give us an update on how you are now.
Thanks for the thread.

How long ago did u trip? I've had hppd that lasted over a year... 1oo percent recovered from it...you'll be OK

How long ago did u trip? I've had hppd that lasted over a year... 1oo percent recovered from it...you'll be OK
I think it was early-mid May, I had two halves 2 hours in between and it was bitter as fuck, thus me thinking it's NBOMe. But yeah, I've had on and off visuals, especially when I'm tired. I think it's also made me not enjoy other substances anymore, like MDMA or even weed. I know I'll recover, and I know it's something you just have to sit through, just like a trip.

I wouldn't call it hppd just yet. For one you said it yourself that you've had a lot of these symptoms for a long time and psychedelics just made them easier to notice. Second it's really only called hppd if it persists for a long time without gradually improving and if it bothers you noticeably in life (you could be seeing light psychedelic like patters when sober but if they don't bother you it's not hppd). Since taking some time away from drugs is one of the most effective and safe treatment's try doing that and don't continue to think about how you've potentially screwed up your brain since that will just reinforce the whole thing.