• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How Do I Get The Magic Back?

Jayess

Greenlighter
My first MDMA experience was and probably always will be the most pivotal moments in my life to date. It is the best feeling I've ever experienced. But one day I decided to take it in a really shitty setting with a really negative and shallow girl which was a horrible experience. Not long after that, I had a really bad break up and I became depressed for several months after. Since that experience, the only feeling I get from MDMA is anxiety and worry as to why it's not working how it used to.

Life today is somewhat lacklustre, I wouldn't say I'm where I want to be right now. I'm bored with my current situation and I haven't been in love since. But then the first time I took MDMA my situation wasn't a great deal different so maybe it's irrelevant.

My use was somewhat frequent (twice a month at least, some weekends two days in a row), but I have friends who have taken MDMA almost as much as me and still are able to roll perfectly fine to this day.

What would you guys say the reason is in your opinion? Was it that particular experience that damaged it? How much would the breakup have had an impact on the situation? And most importantly, how do I get the magic back?

It sounds bad, but the prospect of not being able to feel an MDMA high ever again is pretty upsetting.

maybe taking some levodopa supplement can help. Taking a break is also a good idea

I know it may sound harsh to you but the only way to bring the magic back is to stop it for a very good amount of time friend...how many months have you been on this patern with using...everyone says not using more often than 2-3 months apart strictly and that happens for a reason cause almost everybody been in shitty situations and it's not a drug for a lifetime just for the very special occasion you know
Abusing mdma means many psychological disturbances to the brain and that's not something everyone can stand.

The reason you only need to stop in order to bring the magic back though is that because in the long term you end up chasing an experience that the drug may offer to you rather than using the drug to enchance one...therefore it becomes something usual,something you become accustomed to so nothing new to be excited. Even if your brain chemistry is still right from any kind of abuse it won't be like that for too long mdma must not be something you have to pass your boring time by.
Abstain for some time and focus on making your life better in every aspect...tha's surely gonna bring the magic back trust me

You're both right, thank you. I feel time away is essential, however it does make me sad especially when I see all my friends take MDMA week in and week out with no ill effects or loss of magic.

I remember I smoked weed one time with MDMA to attempt to gain some insight, and all that came to mind was that I am completely bored with life, and I have fell out of love with everything. As long as someday it can come back into my life, I'll be okay. But for now I think there is a lot of progress to make in my life before I try again!

Your situation reminded me of a YouTube video of this guy trying mdma for the first time. You can tell he's trying to enjoy it but a bunch of his sober redneck friends keep fucking with him the entire time. I just remember feeling so bad for the guy like man, you should have waited until you ere in the right environment.

I usually dont post and keep thoughts to myself but dont use levodopa, or even l-dopa , as in mucuna pruriens , because both are powerful esp those higher extracts at 99%.

How that works it increases dopamine and decreases serotonin .When you roll more serontin is released and can cause serotonin syndrome. I took 99% l dopa everyday for a year. I rolled on a higher normal dose 5-mapb and got severe side effects for a week, it was the worst ive ever went through, and ive rolled coming up on forty times

This is a harm reduction site after all

I like to say the best experiences with MDMA come when your feeling your best. Looking back all of my best experiences have been in times in my life where I was very happy and upbeat, life was going my way for a change. This creates that positive mindset that the MDMA can build on. When it hits you realize just how amazing life truly is, and all how grateful you are for all the positive things happening right now. MDMA is much more effected by set and setting than people give it credit for..

Right now you need to find a way to "not be bored with life" anymore, I'm sure if you took a psychedelic experience you'd have a similar outcome. Adopt some healthy lifestyle habits if you haven't. Also maybe wait until you have some love in your life again. I don't roll if I'm not in a relationship because it often can make me feel false love for someone I may barely know, but I know most people can roll single just fine lol.

-GC

Comparing your use to others is problematic. Some peoplw can hit it every weekend more than others!
You mentioned your insight suggests boredom with life, that may be more helpful than you realize.

A break from more than once a month is necessary if you want to improve this.
I abused mdma for years weekly, then all of a sudden it didnt do anything more than some basic stim effects and some anxiety.

2 year break and dosing never more than once every several months at most has allowed me to enjoy mdma again.
My source was consistently clear crystal mdma tested.

Pusihing it hard is so wnjoyable but the limit varies a lot for many from 5 or 10 uses to hundreds. But many who losecthe magic never get it back.

On a day to day basis life seems fine, but I guess it takes introspective drugs sometimes to reveal that maybe being okay or fine isn't actually good enough.

And the truth is that my life is so void of enjoyment that I'm constantly chasing whichever highs that can provide the furthest removal from the reality that i face today.

The more I think about this whole issue, the clearer the answers seem to be. Taking something like MDMA will enhance whatever experience that it gets given.

On a day to day basis life seems fine, but I guess it takes introspective drugs sometimes to reveal that maybe being okay or fine isn't actually good enough.

And the truth is that my life is so void of enjoyment that I'm constantly chasing whichever highs that can provide the furthest removal from the reality that i face today.

The more I think about this whole issue, the clearer the answers seem to be. Taking something like MDMA will enhance whatever experience that it gets given.

Thats a fair enough statement jayess and i can relate. My drug of choice is meth and i don't consider myself to have a problem with smoking ice but it is quite enjoyable and very much enhances the simple things i do when when i am high. Using the internet and listening to music is fun for me when sober but under the influence of meth using the net and listening to music is a enhanced experience to add excitement to my life and break up the mundane existence of working week in week out. Why else do people use drugs in a recreational way, it's fun of course.

As for getting the magic back from pills, a break of a full 12 months from pills and MDMA should do the trick. It sucks if you enjoy pills every weekend but a long break is necessary and the only way to lower tolerance. You need to be disciplined but most pill poppers i meet years ago who were veterans of rave scene tended to move on to other drugs like crystal meth and GHB. Plenty of other party drugs out there to enjoy.