Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

relapse questions (subs/H)

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
hey all. fucked up this morning, havent used in 8 months thanks to being on 14mg subutex.

i caved this morning and smoked a bag, it was obviously a bit underwhelming thanks to the bupe but it was still enjoyable. i didnt take my subutex this morning, but took about half my dose yesyerday morning.

can i take my normal dose of bupe at the pharmacy later today?????

it was a one-off and im not dependent on the heroin, just the subs. will i go into precipitated withdrawals if i take my subutex at about 4pm??? i smoked all the gear by 11am.

thnks!!!

ps. and sorry for starting new thread for this but i really need to know for sure. I have about 6 hours until i need to be at the pharmacy and im very scared of PWs. feel very shitty and guilty already and dont want to feel even worse by going into horrible wds...

i used the search engines but to no avail. im aware its a bad idea if id been using for a few days and got dependent on h again, but there isnt much info on a one time use of H. Can anyone help?

You said subutex, I don't know if you just got mixed up, but am sure you don't get the withdrawal from subutex and it's just suboxone, but if i was you i would just hold back the subs at chemist, put it at your gums and leave with it basically still whole, at least then you can just take when you feel WD come on, which probs wouldn't be today with the build up of subs in system , & with the bag smoked today you'll not feel WD today. Holding it back is what I would do, just not to risk it. Tomorrow just go back to normal. I don't know about everywhere but here you can miss :up to 3 days before chemist get in touch with your worker, maybe even hold off going all together , and just say tomorrow you weren't well & that's why you missed today.

You should be fine bud - if it was just a bag it will more than likely be well on it's way to getting out of the receptors (not that it would have saturated them to begin with) by the time you have your next dose.

Well done for keeping up the abstinence - one slip up isn't the end of the world and is the easiest place to get back on track from. Just don't think you can keep on getting away with it...

thanks guys.

are you sure stee?? 6-7 hours after a one off h use i should be okay to dose the sub? i thought this myself but want to be certain before i do it.

Do you have to take the sub then and there? I think you should be fine it it was just one bag as Stee said and you're already on a high dose of sub...

If you just gum it, then you know for a fact it won't happen to you. You probs would be ok with the build up of sub & it only being a bag, but if you gum it you know for sure it won't happen to you, was never hard to gum it when I was on subs , most pharmacies don't give a fuck, not compared to in the nick where they actually hi 5 each other for catching boys holding back, cunts!

I'm on a methadone reduction - before I went into treatment I had never abused it otherwise, or buprenorphine - so I honestly do not know mate - but speculating about how much difference to your overall balance, considring you have stuck spot on with your treatment regime.

Are you still high? It may leave a layer of frost and feel a bit turkey - lurkey for a time if it brings you smack bang back into the middle rapidly but you will not be missing that one bag physically in the long run. I'm getting towards the business end of my reduction now and when I did my last drops for the first time I started to feel sick, but (so far touch wood) my dose still sorts me out albeit with no noticeable opiate effects, it's just not holding me the whole 24 hours any more. But the fact that you know it's coming makes it easier to hold on and deal with it rather than making what are usually overcomplicated plans for a lapse (I take it you only had half of your dose yesterday in anticipation of an attempt to get stoned this morning?). Try not to stress about it - I would expect any discomfort to be minor and short lived. I don't know what you're other poisons are, but these are the moments when you can use comfort meds practices / (weed? ibuprofen? benzo? bath?) to jump the gap - you appear to be dependent on Subutex, not heroin - which does wear off pretty quickly (don't know about 5 hours mind) but you just need to let yourself know that by this time tomorrow - regardless of this afternoon - that's what you will need to sort you out.

As you can see I am just thinking out loud so I am more than prepared to eat every last word if it is a total nightmare. If you do the mental math though you should not be too worried.

Hope the lads not been back on because he is rattling his bollocks off, I would of just gummed it, I am sure I done when I was on subs myself, easy as! Or he could of just missed the day and got another few bags, most places let you miss a few days before they contact your 'worker'

Hope ya well lad

it worked out totally fine. thanks for your help guys.

i was tempted to do the same again today but took my sub like a good boy this morning so there'd be little point. i'm still seriously considering swithching to methadone to help combat cravings. subutex really doesnt feel like a real opiate and i used to love the occasional 60-80ml of methadone when i could buy it.

and @ stee, what dose of methadone are you on? have you considered swithching to bupe yourself? i imagine it's a lot easier to taper down with, and if you're getting no opiate feeling off the meth then you shouldnt miss the meth if you switched. it's longer acting and im sure has a more 'stable' feeling to it.

im sure youre aware of this already and already plan to one youre down to a low dose of methy, just thought i'd plug the wonders of subutex in case you were considering it.

and @ stee, what dose of methadone are you on? have you considered swithching to bupe yourself? i imagine it's a lot easier to taper down with, and if you're getting no opiate feeling off the meth then you shouldnt miss the meth if you switched. it's longer acting and im sure has a more 'stable' feeling to it.

im sure youre aware of this already and already plan to one youre down to a low dose of methy, just thought i'd plug the wonders of subutex in case you were considering it.

I am on 20mg OD having reduced it another 10mg over the last 8 weeks. I sounded out the idea of switching to buprenophine once I got below 30mg, both on here (experienced members advised me to stick with what I have) and my drug service provider (who understandably would rather me continue with the methadone which is much cheaper).

I am on 20mg OD having reduced it another 10mg over the last 8 weeks. I sounded out the idea of switching to buprenophine once I got below 30mg, both on here (experienced members advised me to stick with what I have) and my drug service provider (who understandably would rather me continue with the methadone which is much cheaper).

Fuckin hell Stee, you're doing brilliant mate <3

Chee - ahhhhggs Fubar <3 still all a means to an end though so no chickens to be tallied at the present moment

How do you guys compare Buprenorphine and Methadone? Assuming the dosages are relatively comparable? As I understand Bup is meant to only be a part replacement while metahdone is full?