Mental Health Ambien for nightmares

EmFreshh

Greenlighter
I've been suffering horrific night terrors for as long as I can remember. They're always the same. I'm always right where I was when I fell asleep, unaware that I ever fell asleep, and then bad shit starts to happen but I can't move. I'll wake up and go back into them multiple times, and eventually not be able to decipher what's real and what's the dream. It's horrible.

I got a few ambien from my mom, and I have never slept better. No dreams at all. It's kind of sad but so worth it.

My question is... if I tell a doctor I have consistent night terrors and the only thing I've found helpful is ambien, would he or she likely prescribe it?

It is impossible for anyone here to give medical advice (or even guess what a doctor would say) but there is one sure way to find out....ask your doctor!

I have noticed that over my life my dreams have really changed. There was a period in my twenties that sounds a lot like what you are going through--horrific nightmares that made me afraid to even sleep. Looking back, I realize that this time of my life was characterized by a lot of confusion and fear and a sense that I could not control anything in my life. I imagine that if you are living at home you are probably in your teens or twenties and it may benefit you to try to explore what is going on in your life that may contribute to all the fear coming out in your dreams. Good luck with it all. I would start by talking to your doctor about the nightmares and the lack of sleep and accumulation of stress.