• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

unusual side effects days after rolling?

misch

Greenlighter
My friend did MDMA 4 days ago from a trusted friend, but did not test purity. She took one clear cap with off colour, dirty grey and speckled black crystals inside. Took a few hours to drop, more than usual. High lasted (probably half life) until late the next day. Friend was drinking prior (3 hours or so before, and felt sober) and finished her night with a couple puffs of weed.

The next night, she had extreme fever like sweats while trying to sleep, but this subsided. A day or so later, mouth ulcers appeared & are still around today, as well as cystic feeling acne around jaw. My friend understands sweating, dehydration and teeth clenching can account for this, but yesterday my friend suffered extreme chest pains that lasted 4 or more hours. These felt like tightness and pressure and she was too uncomfortable to move or take deep breaths. These were accompanied by extreme cold and shivering despite being in bed and wrapped up warm. Eventually she warmed up and was able to sleep as the pain resided. She has been trying to stay hydrated throughout this but she has a sore throat, phlegm and a blocked nose. She wonders if her immunity is simply down from the MDMA.

She is wondering if this a warning sign from her body telling her to not do MDMA for a significant period of time. She is not a regular or experienced user, but has never experienced side effects like this before.

She doesn't know if this is relevant, but the night she took it was highly stressful and she did not enjoy the high due to outside factors. She wonders if there is a stress mechanism.

Thank you

Last edited:
Not really that unusual after taking untested drugs with alcohol. Take a long break and get a test kit for next time.

Hows ur friend feeling now? I had a similar experience last weekend after taking a medium high dose of mdma and then accidentally ingesting a bunk pill that was amphetamines and or some research chemicals plus some alcohol. Had similar symptoms such as hot and cold sweats, anxiety, and more. Aside from the mouth sores which I have had after doing a bunch of crappy coke and partying so hard I picked up a bacterial infection. This week has been the hardest comedown I've ever experienced thats for sure. Hopefully ur friend is doing ok

temporary suppression of the immune system is a known side effect of mdma (and similar drugs). many people report getting a cold after rolling. there's no need for overuse, it's a common/normal thing. fighting with a simple infection like that could explain many of the symptoms you list.
chest pains on the other hand are not something that's typical for mdma. these are typically side effects of cathinone derivatives. if you still have some of that "mdma", investing in a test kit could make for interesting insights (and is a good idea for the future anyways). not all that's sold as mdma from a trusted friend is actually mdma. most trusted friends just trust another friend. but without anyone in the chain who actually tests the stuff you still don't know anything, even if they're all honest people (which they usually aren't).