• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Controlling Methadone Doses

^^^i definitely do feel shitty in the morning before I take my methadone as well. it's not full blown withdrawal, but yes, a slight discomfort is definitely noticeable.my dosage is 110 mgs/day

Thanks for that, my doc won't. I no I shouldn't but been looking for a trustworthy online pharmacist. Coz I realy want off now. Thanks for replying

Hi, another newbie. Ive been on 70 ml of oral methadone now for 12 months. I've just started coming down on monday, coz I can now take my meth home. No more osc or on site consumption. So I can plan my reduction my way. I was hoping 7ml a week till Im just under half my original dose. 70ml to 28ml in 6 weeks. Then 3ml a week for 6 weeks. So ill be then on 10ml. Then 2ml a week for 5 weeks. So if all goes according to plan I could be off methadone by. Sunday 2nd July, last 2ml dose........ So god willing and with his help and my determinatoion. My 1st clean day should NO NO,,,WILL be. MONDAY 3RD JULY. First day of the rest of my, my wife, my entire familys life. Were all the same here, we've f##ked up out lifes n the lifes of them who unconditionally love us. Now its time I pay them back.sorry 2 go on, but its made Me feel better. Of u could reply with my reduction plan I would be be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.....MR C J.

Last edited:
Why are you trying to do it your way as opposed to clinic way? I would think the clinic has a detox protocol that's been used many times. I'm doing it through the clinic. They know a lot more about a successful detox than I do. If I were capable of weening on my own I wouldn't be in the clinic! I tried to ween off dope for 2 yrs!

I think the only answer is to not double dose. It's not worth feeling sick on that last day. I can usually skip a dose without feeling it but I wouldn't attempt it if I felt even a little crappy.

Crzydiamond- I'm doing what you are now too. I was at 110 and am down to 65. I drop 3mgs every Monday. I feel the same as you. The worst wd I get is sneezing and yawning and it's always after 22+ hours. Sometimes if I stretch a muscle at night it feels like its about to Charlie hoarse but I stop and rub it real quick! I also think its a time issue bc its not getting worse as the dose drops. As far as 260. That is absurd. I feel OP went on mmt before they were ready to get clean. It only got so high bc they kept trying to feel high and mmt is not meant for that.

paying like 12 bux a dose for a small amount is amrip off. 260 at least gives more your moneys worth. i can taper on my own schedule and save the rest. theres no way im dropping with how much they are charging my insurance. most people who taper off completly end up back on h anyway. not trying to be a killjoy but thats what i have observed

You need split-dosing and not a higher dose if it doesn't hold you all day long, so try taking your dose as 2 x 130mg and see how it works out for you. Whether you decrease your dose at the clinic is irrelevant, but in my opinion that's a very high dose to be on indeed and I would try to taper down to a minimum. Anyway, split-dosing in my experience was quite common on certain programs in my country (probably still is, but I have no info), I was never on a methadone maintenance program, but I took it as a substitute for over 2 years and I would take it twice a day, otherwise with one dose a day I had always felt uncomfortable by the evening and could not fall asleep. I'm on buprenorphine maintenance now and I split my dose into 2 doses as well, with buprenorphine it's probably more of a mental thing but it helps me feel stable all day long this way as opposed to taking the whole dose at once.

You need split-dosing and not a higher dose if it doesn't hold you all day long, so try taking your dose as 2 x 130mg and see how it works out for you. Whether you decrease your dose at the clinic is irrelevant, but in my opinion that's a very high dose to be on indeed and I would try to taper down to a minimum. Anyway, split-dosing in my experience was quite common on certain programs in my country (probably still is, but I have no info), I was never on a methadone maintenance program, but I took it as a substitute for over 2 years and I would take it twice a day, otherwise with one dose a day I had always felt uncomfortable by the evening and could not fall asleep. I'm on buprenorphine maintenance now and I split my dose into 2 doses as well, with buprenorphine it's probably more of a mental thing but it helps me feel stable all day long this way as opposed to taking the whole dose at once.

the problem with split dosing is id rather take a big dose at once and feel a nice euphoria rather than split.

Yer all a bunch of lucky duckies, here in Ireland the average waiting time to get on meth is blooming 8 months! No shite !!! I'll be fecked by then !!!!

If the Methadone Metabolizes too fast for you, around the 20hr mark you mentioned, I would save about 60mg to dose at night time.
Take 200mg first thing in the morning and in the evening take that 60mg, it should definitely help.

Yer all a bunch of lucky duckies, here in Ireland the average waiting time to get on meth is blooming 8 months! No shite !!! I'll be fecked by then !!!!

That's absolutely insane. Here in northern Ontario Canada where I am the average time to get on the local program is about 7 days.

Though in bigger cities like Toronto and Winnipeg I've literally had same day methadone prescriptions from walk in appointments at the methadone clinic.

Here in the U.S there is No waiting time, it's a walk in game here. You walk in, fill out a bunch of paper work, see the Clinic direrctor, meet your counselor, see the doctor, boom, done. You get your dose, then outro you go. It's about a 4 to 6 hour intake.

At least that's how it is here in SoCal.

Here in the U.S there is No waiting time, it's a walk in game here. You walk in, fill out a bunch of paper work, see the Clinic direrctor, meet your counselor, see the doctor, boom, done. You get your dose, then outro you go. It's about a 4 to 6 hour intake.

At least that's how it is here in SoCal.

You're very lucky brotha because every clinic where I live in Norcal (8 clinics) has at least a 30 day waiting list. I had to wait 25 days myself. There's a huge meth clinic on the other side of my town that has 800 patients and they have a 3 month waiting list. In Oakland which is 70 miles away from me they had at least a 14 day waiting list to. Every clinic here requires TB test, blood test, and urine test.

Methadone and frappes are Godly

Waiting times at clinics in the U.S. vary greatly. I got treatment on demand as described above - walked in under severe w/ds and was dosed after a few hours of intake and exams. Pissed positive for opioids, etc...

They gave me 30-mg that day and the physician told me I'd likely need to continue to use heroin for awhile until my dose was high enough to cover a pretty intense habit. I'm not sure that was good advice, OD was a serious possibility if my habit had been misinterpreted or not as high as I'd believed. I didn't really use much - a few days maybe b/c they had a protocol to raise doses every few days. Other clinics raise doses very slowly.

Ask their rules and protocols, dose capping is not supposed to be a policy in the US but often there is one. If they allow up to 150-mg most people are good b/f they get there ime, dosing is not a science but a trial and error thing.

Best of luck and be aware benzos and alcohol are serious problems at many clinics, I needed a note from my psych at some clinics I attended in the early 2000s to have a benzo script and stay in the program.

Waiting times at clinics in the U.S. vary greatly. I got treatment on demand as described above - walked in under severe w/ds and was dosed after a few hours of intake and exams. Pissed positive for opioids, etc...

They gave me 30-mg that day and the physician told me I'd likely need to continue to use heroin for awhile until my dose was high enough to cover a pretty intense habit. I'm not sure that was good advice, OD was a serious possibility if my habit had been misinterpreted or not as high as I'd believed. I didn't really use much - a few days maybe b/c they had a protocol to raise doses every few days. Other clinics raise doses very slowly.

Ask their rules and protocols, dose capping is not supposed to be a policy in the US but often there is one. If they allow up to 150-mg most people are good b/f they get there ime, dosing is not a science but a trial and error thing.

Best of luck and be aware benzos and alcohol are serious problems at many clinics, I needed a note from my psych at some clinics I attended in the early 2000s to have a benzo script and stay in the program.

*** Speed is completely correct. Waiting times varies from clinic to clinic... Plus different states have different laws on methadone rules. Benzos and alcohol are watched VERY carefully because people who use those types of things have a much higher risk of OD and death.

There was a mexican dude at my clinic that came in buzzed/drunk from time to time. They knew he had a problem with alcohol so they would pull out a breathalyzer and breathalyze his ass right on the spot. Every time he came in acting happy and singing n' shit (seriously)... BOOM... breathalyzer LOL.

The day I started at my clinic they put me on detox and gave me 30mgs but the very next day they gave me 40mg. My clinic told me that I had to start detox first before I could switch to maintenance. I did detox for about 2 days then I switched over to maintenance. Before methadone, my life was fucking horrible... I hated life, myself, and pretty much everybody besides my mother. I am so happy now!

Methadone is a very strong medication. Most people do not need more then 80 to 100mg of methadone (IMO). The most important thing about methadone is for you to get on a high enough dose to eliminate withdrawal, stop cravings, and block other opioids. Just remember to go high enough to be comfortable and happy. But the higher mg you go the harder it is to get off.

Methadone saved my life. Methadone has saved millions of other peoples lives too. Good luck on your journey!

Last edited: