Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MPT 50mg - First Time - "A report of the effects of MPT"

Sir Ron Pib

Bluelighter
50mg of MPT looks a fair pile and bubbles up to a dense cloud in the bong but goes down fine and I quickly slip into the trip, catching a glance of my surroundings starting to look very good and vivid before I close my eyes.

The first thing I am aware of is a sort of wall of identical faces lined up horizontally and vertically ?€“ they look like the sort thing one might see in science fiction illustration where they are like repeats of a clear plastic moulds or impressions of a human or anthropomorphic robot with the plastic refracting light into predominantly greens and reds.
There is the sense of a machine in action, all spinning parts. Faces again with the feeling they have identity; this sense is fleeting and not super strong but suffice to say it bears some similarity to DMT and could go down that alive direction. Spaces open up and light beams in. It might be somewhat more gentle and easy in a way than DMT but that might be changed by dosage or experience.

It starts to trickle away and I think it?€™s over a couple of times in a similar way and then I realise there?€™s more. I feel my hands at some point and they feel stupidly cold leading to an impression of ice freezing. The visuals subside in near exactly ten minutes and I am pretty impressed.

I feel various odd cold sensations but not sure they are real. I go and lie down. A rhythm plays in my head to a sort of drone with the primary partials above the fundamental clearly audible. Weirdly I have the sensation my buttocks are cold ?€“ but it extends out from my actual body somewhat. I end up checking warmer parts of my body against colder ones and none seems in any way extreme but I keep feeling these sensations in various parts including my bottom, which hardly seems an obvious place for vasoconstriction or paranoia around such so I have to put these down as ?€œhallucinations?€ of sorts and I feel fine. There is some movement visually but I mainly just lie there and get involved in a radio programme.

I get up one hour after smoking the MPT to eat some bread and cheese and a drink and realise once up I am more in this than I thought. A few more odd sensations. Food good. Then leave the house for a walk and am essentially baseline on return, so the duration is about 3-4hours.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_mpt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_vaporized
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the TR! ;)

Is your freebase also has slightly yellowish color with characteristic crystalline shine to it?

I've loaded up to 65 mg in the DMT pipe and had no visuals really except for color amplification and blurring of shades but definitely got the stoning effects and some emotional changes.

Er off white I think - probably the same stuff. It cooked really easy, went down and seemed more potent than DPT hcl so guessing it's a freebase. I seem it react fairly strongly to smoke tryptamines but surprised you didn't get more off 65mg. It has a distinct style but there is nothing as close to DMT as this on the RC scene; not as potent of course but it looks a winner from this.

It definitely smells and tastes a lot like DMT and I get the same type of spaciness but for reasons unknown it doesn't trigger anything strongly visual for me...:(

Great report! My MPT freebase matches that description of being slightly off-white yellow with a sparkly sheen and it hails from a country were the moose roam freely. I noticed that CEV's sort of persisted with my eyes open, like opening my eyes wasn't enough to tune it out, but at 30 mg not particularly visual for me aside from a bit of coloration. My next experiment with this will likely be at a higher dose.

Awesome, thanks much for the report. :D I'm pretty excited to hear this personally. This in particular really gets me:

The first thing I am aware of is a sort of wall of identical faces lined up horizontally and vertically – they look like the sort thing one might see in science fiction illustration where they are like repeats of a clear plastic moulds or impressions of a human or anthropomorphic robot with the plastic refracting light into predominantly greens and reds.

I know exactly what you are describing because I also get it readily on 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MPT, even more so than on DMT which has only given me hints of it so far. It also happens to be one of my favorite visual effects of all... so this certainly makes MPT sound quite a bit more promising to me. :)

I'm also very interested by your claim that there is nothing closer to DMT available than MPT; I feel a similar way about 4-HO-MPT and psilocin in some ways (minus 4-AcO-DMT), though 4-HO-MPT still also has strong LSD-like qualities thrown in as well. For some time I've really been wondering if MPT would be the same thing except being like DMT with some LSD thrown in. This gives me quite a bit more hope for that as well... so thanks again! ;)

Hi Kaleida in fairness I haven't tried 4HO-MPT/MET. Psilocin and DMT are clearly different entities although there is more cross over than LSD/2Cs etc I suspect some might argue the case for 4AcO-DMT - perhaps if one can freebase the latter but the psilocin signature is pretty clear. I am definitely no fan of it though. Usually I don't like to compare one drug to another too much unless there is a very strong correlation since this detracts from reporting the unique feel of a drug and often relates to triggering of a memory of an experience that may not hold for others. Also I am aware it trigger certain associations in others. So caveat, with further use I think these will seem quite distinct - however the machine thing, open spaces and entity things sound quite comparable and there will be a case for some level of cross over.

Have you tried MET? IF so, I'm surprised that you found MPT to be closer to DMT. I've tried MPT and it did remind me of DMT, but I assumed that MET would be like a middle ground between the two.

Hi Kaleida in fairness I haven't tried 4HO-MPT/MET. Psilocin and DMT are clearly different entities although there is more cross over than LSD/2Cs etc I suspect some might argue the case for 4AcO-DMT - perhaps if one can freebase the latter but the psilocin signature is pretty clear. I am definitely no fan of it though. Usually I don't like to compare one drug to another too much unless there is a very strong correlation since this detracts from reporting the unique feel of a drug and often relates to triggering of a memory of an experience that may not hold for others. Also I am aware it trigger certain associations in others. So caveat, with further use I think these will seem quite distinct - however the machine thing, open spaces and entity things sound quite comparable and there will be a case for some level of cross over.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think it really detracts from it personally, at least not for me. I love comparing psychedelics because I think it's fun to try to understand how their effects do overlap and how it might relate to their structural similarities and differences. I just don't allow that to set my expectations and still go into every trip knowing that any psychedelic could produce a wide range of experiences and could easily surprise me at any moment. Even when two psychedelics are extremely similar, I never think they can be interchangeable anyway, every psychedelic is a unique trip and that becomes more and more true the higher you dose. But I still think it's fascinating to try to draw consistent comparisons between them, and I must say that doing so seems to have led me pretty satisfactorily to what are turning out to be my favorite substances. I also happen to think that tryptamine and lysergamide structure-activity relationships are actually pretty straightforward once you've tried a lot of them, there are some pretty consistent trends among them that I've come to predict with pretty high accuracy. I definitely do understand the danger of trying to describe them that way to others who may not think that way though, because there's no way someone will be able to completely accurately picture what you mean. Still, if you think that there is a comparison to DMT then that seems valid enough to me, worth noting when considering just what kind of trip exactly you'd like to have at any given time.

About 4-AcO-DMT, I honestly can't tell the difference between it and mushrooms. I just consider it a prodrug, hence the need to exempt it from what I was saying.

Have you tried MET? IF so, I'm surprised that you found MPT to be closer to DMT. I've tried MPT and it did remind me of DMT, but I assumed that MET would be like a middle ground between the two.

That would seem like a logical deduction, but I don't think those sorts of relationships are necessarily always the case. I do for instance find 4-HO-MPT more similar to mushrooms than 4-HO-MET is, as both 4-HO-MPT and mushrooms for me produce your classical ego loss style experience with dark, complex visuals with a generally organic feel to them, whereas 4-HO-MET for me remains clearheaded even in large doses and produces lots of bright rainbow visuals that have a heavily blended organic and technological feel to them, and I also find it to produce much more cartoon imagery like LSD than the other two. I've only tried MET once and MPT not at all so I can't really speak to that, and I can say that MET was pretty similar to DMT for me so far, but I could still envision MPT being even more like it, pretty much anything is possible. I like to keep an open mind about it. :)

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think it really detracts from it personally, at least not for me. I love comparing psychedelics because I think it's fun to try to understand how their effects do overlap and how it might relate to their structural similarities and differences. I just don't allow that to set my expectations and still go into every trip knowing that any psychedelic could produce a wide range of experiences and could easily surprise me at any moment. Even when two psychedelics are extremely similar, I never think they can be interchangeable anyway, every psychedelic is a unique trip and that becomes more and more true the higher you dose. But I still think it's fascinating to try to draw consistent comparisons between them, and I must say that doing so seems to have led me pretty satisfactorily to what are turning out to be my favorite substances. I also happen to think that tryptamine and lysergamide structure-activity relationships are actually pretty straightforward once you've tried a lot of them, there are some pretty consistent trends among them that I've come to predict with pretty high accuracy. I definitely do understand the danger of trying to describe them that way to others who may not think that way though, because there's no way someone will be able to completely accurately picture what you mean. Still, if you think that there is a comparison to DMT then that seems valid enough to me, worth noting when considering just what kind of trip exactly you'd like to have at any given time.

About 4-AcO-DMT, I honestly can't tell the difference between it and mushrooms. I just consider it a prodrug, hence the need to exempt it from what I was saying.

Ment to reply to this - very late - well you seem experienced and literate so comparison might be more valid but as a poor example when we were young (so long ago) and not so experienced (hardly at all) a friend tried amphetamine for the 1st time after our first acid - it was "like acid without the visuals" which I can see what he meant but is also colossally bogus.
What you say about 4AcO-DMT is interesting - It did seem different but I am not convinced this difference would be there in a blind study (it should be psilocin after all), similar argument with 1P-LSD. I suppose this is another aspect to subjectivity and comparison we have to wrestle with.

Yeah, I can understand that lol. It's incredibly easy to think that almost any recreational drugs are similar when you've barely done any overall, and to fail to understand the depth of their differences. I mean after all, they pretty much all do things like increase dopamine release in the reward system, so why wouldn't there be some overlap? Relative only to each other though they're definitely often barely similar at all, pretty much only being linked by their recreational capacity. I have certainly been guilty of making comparisons like this too, as I've pretty much always been this into it even when I had almost no experience on anything to compare. I'm sure that your comparisons here are more valid than that too though.... Clearly you've come a long way from that. :) I'd guess most people who are really reading about research chemicals can probably be at least somewhat aware of that too.

I'm also very curious as to whether these prodrug debates will ever be solved conclusively. I'm personally not denying the experience of others when they say they find them different, I just haven't so far. Perhaps it just comes down to differences in the speed and proportion of metabolism as well? It's hard to say what's going on for sure of course. Of course, it could just be placebo as well, but it does seem like it would have to be a pretty elaborate one based on the differences that some people report between them. Still, if any class of drugs was going to be able to produce that powerful of a placebo effect, I wouldn't put it past one of the most hallucinogenic psychedelics in existence. Hopefully we will see one of those blind studies eventually!

MPT 50mg "A report of the effects of MPT"

Because the internet is a serious business and, as such, does require a certain level of anticipation. Anyways, the report has been written for the last 48 hours...

Lord have mercy, a duration of 4-5hrs with vaporization? Not 4-5min?? That's even longer than insufflated DPT. God help us if it's orally active or combined with a RIMA like harmine...I'm decidedly not that adventurous.

I wonder (apart from duration and lack of initial bodyload) how it compares to vaporized bufotenine? They sound rather similar in the DMT-esque visuals with a lack of significant headspace shift.

I'll gladly make that comparison after I try my MPT if you remind me. I wouldn't be surprised if there are similarities between MPT and bufotenin, but I'm betting a full dose of MET will still be closer.

Bufotenin to me feels very much like a combination of DMT, 4-HO-MET, 5-MeO-MiPT, and getting hit by a truck. 4-HO-MPT feels significantly less like it to me than these do, and more like LSD and mushrooms. That's why I'm not really expecting MPT to follow suit either, but we shall surely see.

Bufotenin to me feels very much like a combination of DMT, 4-HO-MET, 5-MeO-MiPT, and getting hit by a truck.

^^^That's a funny comparison! :D

I'm done with my baggie of MPT and even though it was nice, I wouldn't bother getting it again, I much rather prefer MET, DMT and DPT instead, and about to do extensive testing of EPT too! %)

Definitely looking forward to hearing how that goes! :) I haven't tasted any of my base propyl tryptamines yet, not even DPT.... I'm falling behind, gotta get working on that.

And have you tried bufotenin? I think it's pretty accurate. =D For me, anyway. Bufotenin gives me the most horrible, crippling body load of any psychedelic by a huge margin. I would describe it as genuinely painful and unavoidably alarming. It's one of the only psychedelics that has ever had me convinced I was probably about to die, and unlike any other, it had nothing to do with the trip - so clearheaded that I thought it was totally bunk and inactive until I suddenly realized I was hallucinating even more heavily than on DMT out of nowhere. It just really is that physically unbearable.

Nonetheless, the visuals are astounding. However, I actually still think 5-MeO-MiPT is even more impressive, other than being less 3D with the imagery (think basically any synthetic 4-substituted tryptamine vs mushrooms).

And have you tried bufotenin?
I have not, but was nurturing idea of purchasing some seeds for a ritual and maybe even extracting some...8)

Also I still have not explored 5-Meo-MiPT beyond 4mg, I liked smaller dosages of it, so far feels comfy.:)

If you do, make sure you buy a small amount first before going bulk lol. I had a pretty decent supply, trashed all of it after a single use. The trip is really something, but the drug as a whole feels like fucking poison.... It's genuinely not worth it, and I've never said that about any other non-fatal psychedelic. So, if it hits you like it hits me you'll be glad you tried it, but also glad you didn't spend much money on it. That is of course not to say that you couldn't like it.... Just a friendly warning to take it slow, as these sorts of reactions seem common. I've known people who used it regularly for years for the trip but then still ultimately gave it up because the body load just ruins it for them.

5-MeO-MiPT, on the other hand, I loved, but I've only taken it at 8 mg. I have heard a lot of good things about lower doses, but I honestly can't imagine myself taking less than that now after what I experienced, I think it would just seem wasteful to me. Strong emphasis on the to me.... First of all this one seems quite variable for people, more so than most psychedelics, and second, I've never had any real interest to begin with in taking low doses of psychedelics. That said, I definitely think you should try a higher dose.... You may be quite delighted by what you find. :)

For me so far, there is no equal to what 5-MeO-MiPT does. The visuals blow almost everything else I've ever ingested completely out of the water on strength alone, and when I say "almost", I mean it still beats everything else too, just not to the same extreme degree.

I read a thread somewhere in PD at some point in time since I joined (heh) about bufotenine, and converting it to a particular salt or something, where for the user who was posting about it, it made it feel great and got rid of the bodyload. Wish I could point you to it. This user had a lot of experience with bufotenine and I believe they said it was their favorite psychedelic. Lots of info in that thread, I don't remember it too well though.

Kaleida, how much 5-MeO-MiPT did you do to get that result? I've done up to 12mg (orally) and I have never even had any visuals from it except for a really great crispness of vision and color enhancement.

Man, don't get my hopes up haha. It's hard to imagine that that could make such a huge difference, but that'd be amazing if true. I could absolutely see it being one of the top psychedelics without that body load; at the very least it felt every bit as powerful as mushrooms and DMT, though slightly more unique from those two than I would say they are from each other, but still with an unmistakable dimethyl signature. So I only have to sift through... 11 years worth of threads? Shouldn't he too hard, I'll have to keep an eye out for it lol.

The only dose of 5-MeO-MiPT I've taken is 8 mg. :) Yeah, like I said, super variable.... I've heard of people taking twice that much at once and still barely getting any visuals at all, which blows my mind. I do however have a theory about why this is, one that I would say I actually have more confidence in than almost any other drug theory I've had.... I think it's very likely, or at least quite feasible, that the difference comes down to varying levels of metabolism to 5-HO-MiPT, the bufotenin analogue. When it comes to 5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-DiPT converting to bufotenin and 5-HO-DiPT, respectively, after oral administration, this has been shown to depend on the activity of CYP2D6, the very same enzyme that is known to have extreme individual differences in efficiency across the population, that gives us warnings for slow metabolizers like with DXM.

Personally, I think I might be on the other end of the scale, a fast metabolizer. For instance, whereas the enzyme deficiency appears to make DXM last a super long time and be more delirious than normal by preventing metabolism to DXO, for me DXM is incredibly short-lived and provides a very straightforward and rather uninteresting dissociation. Perhaps notably as well, in the last year I also tried 10 mg of oxycodone orally and got a jaw-dropping level of euphoria kicked off with a massive rush, and being an ultrarapid CYP2D6 metabolizer has been associated with a severe overdose risk when taking codeine due to very high levels of metabolism to morphine, it was even briefly infamous due to causing infant deaths in hospitals. So, if one was a fast metabolizer through this enzyme, they might also expect to have a significantly higher ratio of 5-HO-MiPT to 5-MeO-MiPT compared to slower metabolizers.

With regards to effects of 5-MeO-MiPT specifically, I tend to also suspect this due to the fact that the visuals I got from it are similar not only in strength but also in style and color scheme to bufotenin; they are at least as similar to it as MiPT is to DMT and 4-HO-MiPT is to psilocin, while interestingly the empathogenic-stimulant effects that people often describe were not very present for me, perhaps due to the lack of unconverted 5-MeO-MiPT floating around? Hard to say, but that's my current theory.... Regardless, I feel quite fortunate to get the effects from it that I do. :) And I have found a handful of other reports describing similar effects from similar doses, so I know I'm not the only one.