• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

is it possible to stop heroin if I'm not ready to quit?

poopytea

Greenlighter
I have been tapering my use to .15g/day from half a gram and I tried to jump off one day from that amount but i broke and started using again after 14 hours :(. I think i may have exaggerated my wd just so i could use again but now im back to half a gram a day telling myself that i could taper later because i did it so well last time. I also lost motivation to quit (i find that my motivation comes in waves)

The whole idea of qutting is based on the idea of 'when youre ready' but my mindset is that im not ready yet and if i quit now i feel like im going to go back to it which is going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. So what do i do? how do i change this mindset? When i jumped off from .15 a day and then started using and binging back to half a gram my mindset was 'try to get super high just enjoy it till so you could be done' but obviously that failed horribly.

I guess im asking for some support on how to quit early. I don't want to ruin my life and I feel this terrible sensation of the downward spiral. I have been smoking it for 8 months now. I am thinking of buying kratom now so when i run out of my shit I will have to use that. I figure kratom withdrawals will be much easier.

It's different for everyone and it all comes down to the person.

I can say from experience that quitting gets harder and harder the older you get, withdrawals become more intense.

My prayers go out to you.

If I were you I would confide in a family member and try to seek traditional help.

Quitting on my own never worked. No matter how many times I tried...I always failed. It took many consequences and a ton of treatments for me to quit using heroin. If you were able to taper down to .15 grams a day, you must have some strong will-power! Every single time I tried to taper my H use, I wouldn't even last one day. Kratom might help, but in a way all that is going to do is keep your opioid receptors "happy" thus keeping the cycle going. Bottom line is that in my experience, doing it "on your own" just does not work. Have you tried meetings?

P.S. Don't ever move from smoking it to shooting it. Once you do that, you will enter a completely new world! If you think quitting smoking it is hard, IV heroin use is on a whole different level.

Hi poopytea, you've come to the right place. One good thing is that you recognize the need to quit and admitting that you are not quite ready. As addicts, many of us take years and losing everything before seeking help. Do you have any NA or other support groups near your home? Welcome to Bluelight! :)

I know the feeling but it's only going to get harder to quit.. wanting to want to quit is a strange feeling ..the only thing that I have found useful while still using is downsizing..like maybe 2 days a week use Kratom instead or try to use Kratom one day and stay sober one day a week and the rest do your .15..its little steps in the right direction that make all the difference

You are bound to have feelings like this. After all, who could ever feel 100 per cent ready to give up something that you have been conditioned to experience as a place of security and safety? On the other hand, most people do say that you need to get to that place of painful clarity (what AA would call rock bottom) that feeds the determination. I don't think of it as "rock bottom", I think of it as a person admitting that the pain associated with taking the drug has grown bigger than the pain the drug was once adept at obscuring. Instead of focusing on quitting a drug, switch your focus to healing what was underneath the use of the drug.