• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injected buprenorphine into my fat - what the fuck has happened?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Last week, I dissolved 24 mg of buprenorphine from (3) pills in water, and filtered it through cotton two times. Then I injected it into my fat mass in the stomach. Why? I don't know. My veins are all destroyed since long, and I always get such pain when I put it IM, so I tried the fat.

At first, the pain wasn't bad. It was ... pinching, more than anything else. Much better than when I put it in the muscles, though (although the pain I get when I put it IM isn't pinching), so I was happy.

However, the day after, the place around the injection had swollen and become red. I went to the ER this monday and took a blood sample. I had very low infection level (english is not my native language and I don't know the translation) - just above the reference level, so I asked them for antibiotics. They told me "No, sorry. Antibiotics don't reach the fat.". Then they told me I should come back if it gets worse. It was too hard to puncture it, but if it gets worse, they'll do surgery.

It's some kind of abcess. Hard. About 6,5 x 5 centimeters, oval-shaped. It starts directly underneath the skin, but it's not very red on the outside (on the skin); just a little. Obviously, I have no idea how deep it goes. I feel pain when I touch it immediately, but not at all when I move around.

What is it, since my infection level wasn't that high? When my hand got swollen (see my other thread with picture), I had a huge infection level and got strong antibiotics IV. But what is this shit made of, if not bacteria?

Do you know what the **** is up?

best regards

You probably damaged the protecting coating between you germ and inside you so then as soon as germs touched it it could get where normally in healthy skin it won't. We come in to germs all the time even right now all over your being bombarded all it tastes is a little damage and those germs can make it home

You may have missed really bad. How many units of the solution you were banging, did you feel the burning pain? and did you not know and keep going, because it didn't hurt too bad, or was it like excruciating, sharp pain? Also, did you use clean rigs? Rotate injection sites on your body? or do you continuously shoot in the same area.. Also, I also use 2 cottons AT LEAST, tightly rolled, clean, and fresh out of the box, when I filter my sub.. I have subutex.. 8mg tabs.. they are my fav form of bupe by far, and I cannot lie, I love the feeling of them when slammed.. but hate myself for doing it.. plugging is nearly just as strong feeling, despite it only, supposedly (I don't believe it though.. doesn't seem right to me at all), but I hate how fucking time consuming it is, which is why if I must take my bupe any other ROA besides IV, I usually sniff it.. but that rarely happens.. I absolutely cannot stop banging them.. it sucks.. but if you do it, must be done in a clean area, with clean utensils, water, and cottons, or preferably a micron filter, although, I am just going by what I have read, that they are MUCH safer to iv pharms, like sub with..

I would get it checked out, more.. if it gets any worse, and stay the hell away from that site where you got this wound.. it could be numerous different things.. IV subs, fuck your veins, and just body in general up, and I wish I never began... especially when not done correctly, and done with improper techniques/untensils... it shouldn't be too big a rig, should never use the same iv site over and over, always rotate them.. and keep your cottons tight, if you cannot use microns, like I myself cannot.. I have no access to them whatsoever atm.. but I use at least 2 slightly wetted, tightly rolled cottons, or 3... or more depending on the solution and how clear or milky it looks.. I make sure it is always cool-luke warm water, do not ever heat subs.. or any pharms for that matter when prepping.. and I would really think about lowering my dosage with sub.. 24mg is wayyyyy to much!!!!! use 2mg at most! it is so much better feeling, so much easier to prep, and just better... less is usually more with subs, but I don't fully love doing like any less than 0.5-1mg of sub.. any less than 1mg really, and I don't feel it.. and any more than 2 and I don't feel any better.. so 2mg is a good size to try and get to, or at least 8mg.. then taper to 2.. if you do this daily like myself.. never have taken more than 16 mg in a day of sub, which I found to be total overkill after like 10mg.. it was weird feeling, didn't like it.. LESS IS MORE!

First, the site you chose is not really an appropriate one. The veins, firstly, are going to be the most direct way of introducing a drug into your bloodstream. The next best option is going to be a large(r) muscle. What are muscles appropriate? Well, they are so utilized and require so much oxygen to keep them functional, blood flow is quite strong. Adipose tissue (fat), while still viable, is not going to possess the same benefit of IV/IM injection.

Secondly, Buprenorphine strips have been notorious as of late for producing complications related to their injection. I've met a few people first-hand, talked so some online and have also just done some general research. From what I've gathered, Buprenorphine strips seem to have a greater propensity for harm than a lot of other commonly injected Opioid pills. So, if you think you're doing yourself a favor by not using other Opiates, you could actually be mistaken.

Antibiotics are actually not the first-line treatment for abscess in my neck of the woods. The mass is more or less shielded from the antibiotics just based upon its toughness and shape. Luckily, it's a quick and pretty painless procedure. At any rate, it's probably not something that you could fix (well) yourself.

You probably damaged the protecting coating between you germ and inside you so then as soon as germs touched it it could get where normally in healthy skin it won't. We come in to germs all the time even right now all over your being bombarded all it tastes is a little damage and those germs can make it home
But my blood sample showed that I'm not bathing in germs.

You may have missed really bad. How many units of the solution you were banging, did you feel the burning pain? and did you not know and keep going, because it didn't hurt too bad, or was it like excruciating, sharp pain? Also, did you use clean rigs? Rotate injection sites on your body? or do you continuously shoot in the same area.. Also, I also use 2 cottons AT LEAST, tightly rolled, clean, and fresh out of the box, when I filter my sub.. I have subutex.. 8mg tabs.. they are my fav form of bupe by far, and I cannot lie, I love the feeling of them when slammed.. but hate myself for doing it.. plugging is nearly just as strong feeling, despite it only, supposedly (I don't believe it though.. doesn't seem right to me at all), but I hate how fucking time consuming it is, which is why if I must take my bupe any other ROA besides IV, I usually sniff it.. but that rarely happens.. I absolutely cannot stop banging them.. it sucks.. but if you do it, must be done in a clean area, with clean utensils, water, and cottons, or preferably a micron filter, although, I am just going by what I have read, that they are MUCH safer to iv pharms, like sub with..

I would get it checked out, more.. if it gets any worse, and stay the hell away from that site where you got this wound.. it could be numerous different things.. IV subs, fuck your veins, and just body in general up, and I wish I never began... especially when not done correctly, and done with improper techniques/untensils... it shouldn't be too big a rig, should never use the same iv site over and over, always rotate them.. and keep your cottons tight, if you cannot use microns, like I myself cannot.. I have no access to them whatsoever atm.. but I use at least 2 slightly wetted, tightly rolled cottons, or 3... or more depending on the solution and how clear or milky it looks.. I make sure it is always cool-luke warm water, do not ever heat subs.. or any pharms for that matter when prepping.. and I would really think about lowering my dosage with sub.. 24mg is wayyyyy to much!!!!! use 2mg at most! it is so much better feeling, so much easier to prep, and just better... less is usually more with subs, but I don't fully love doing like any less than 0.5-1mg of sub.. any less than 1mg really, and I don't feel it.. and any more than 2 and I don't feel any better.. so 2mg is a good size to try and get to, or at least 8mg.. then taper to 2.. if you do this daily like myself.. never have taken more than 16 mg in a day of sub, which I found to be total overkill after like 10mg.. it was weird feeling, didn't like it.. LESS IS MORE!
I think it was ... perhaps 3 millilitres. I suppose that's 3 units but I'm not positive.

Yes, of course I felt pain when I injected it. Whenever one injects something into something that's not a vein, it hurts, so I knew, beforehand, that it would hurt. It's not weird. Bad, perhaps ... but not weird or unusual.

I' prescribed 16 mg per day, so I usually shoot up 24 mg every other day and then sell the remaining 8. Lately, however ... I've been using more.

And by the way, I was wrong: I used cigarette filters; not cotton.

First, the site you chose is not really an appropriate one. The veins, firstly, are going to be the most direct way of introducing a drug into your bloodstream. The next best option is going to be a large(r) muscle. What are muscles appropriate? Well, they are so utilized and require so much oxygen to keep them functional, blood flow is quite strong. Adipose tissue (fat), while still viable, is not going to possess the same benefit of IV/IM injection.

Secondly, Buprenorphine strips have been notorious as of late for producing complications related to their injection. I've met a few people first-hand, talked so some online and have also just done some general research. From what I've gathered, Buprenorphine strips seem to have a greater propensity for harm than a lot of other commonly injected Opioid pills. So, if you think you're doing yourself a favor by not using other Opiates, you could actually be mistaken.

Antibiotics are actually not the first-line treatment for abscess in my neck of the woods. The mass is more or less shielded from the antibiotics just based upon its toughness and shape. Luckily, it's a quick and pretty painless procedure. At any rate, it's probably not something that you could fix (well) yourself.

I'm using pills; not strips.

And I'm well aware of the fact that IV or IM is better than an injection into the fat (what's that called? intrafat?), but: 1) my veins are all fucked up, and 2) I anticipated that while I might not get as good a high as I would from an IM injection ... it would be less harmful. It seems as if I was wrong ... löl.

Ouch 24mg/3ml of sub to the gut.. I feel bad for you. Suboxone is nasty to inject anywhere.

I have no real advice other than to keep up with the doctor appointment.

No shit Ouch 3mL sub to the gut. Thats crazy. Honestly, ive always wondered and wanted to to just either IM or SC a pill shot cause ive got the same vein problems and when your jacking that effing needle into your arms, legs, feet, even start looking at your neck and your just not registering or just getting a flash and soon as as you press its bubling up hurting effing missing and you SOoo want to just jab the damn thing in your butt cheek and get it done. Especially when your all shakey in moderate w/d!
I too use subUTEX/ pure bupe 8mg IV daily. Usually 12mgs. Btw, I read buprenorphine is only soluble in water up to 17mgs/mL(cc). Im lucky enough to find a vein daily. Its miraculous really but I learned to tie off tight and I have to feel for them running fingers over them more than see them and hope it registers. When I first poke be somewhat quick and deliberate, youll avoid it rolling or snaking away. I have found bupe to be very caustic in general so you really really dont want to miss any of it anywhere but in a vein. Ive got a damn abcess about 1 1/2 inch
Across right in the crook of my arm from missing. I always use a 1cc rig and put a full cc (100 units) on my 8-12mg daily shot, stir, and just draw up through a cotton. If I find and hit the whole shot cleanly the needle slips out without hardly a mark but if I miss even 1/10th of it, for days the whole area retains water all swollen for a week. It sure gives you a veteran shooter status doing it so much.
Any advice on my abscess? It's just a big red lump not quite at a head. Its big though.

It's been a couple weeks since you posted this. OP, did you go back to the hospital and did it get better?

It's been a couple weeks since you posted this. OP, did you go back to the hospital and did it get better?
It got better! It didn't heal quickly - it just faded away during weeks/months.

Then I did it again - injected buprenorphine into my gut - and this time without filtrating at all. I got a serious infection and had to be operated on. I may sound like a bitch, but the pain when he injected the analgesic ... it was just horrible - the place was very, very sore, and even touching it mildly hurt like hell, and then the MD just shoved in an extremely large needle right into the abcess. Ouch.

There still, like at least 3 months later, is like a small abcess left. Perhaps as a reminder not to do this ever again.

It got better! It didn't heal quickly - it just faded away during weeks/months.

Then I did it again - injected buprenorphine into my gut - and this time without filtrating at all. I got a serious infection and had to be operated on. I may sound like a bitch, but the pain when he injected the analgesic ... it was just horrible - the place was very, very sore, and even touching it mildly hurt like hell, and then the MD just shoved in an extremely large needle right into the abcess. Ouch.

There still, like at least 3 months later, is like a small abcess left. Perhaps as a reminder not to do this ever again.

Good. I'm really glad to hear that man. I was honestly a little bit worried about what you had done and how you were progressing in terms of injection sites/technique.

I am just curious as to why you would even inject that much Bupe? When it comes to that drug less is more, what I mean by this is at low doses it strangely has full Agonist effects whereas high-dose it only acts as a partial Agonist. Go ahead try it sometime, you will feel more of a buzz off of 1-2mg compared to 24mg. I don't have the specific pharmacology behind it, but I am a witness to this or I should say I'm living proof and others in here can second that.
If you don't know how to properly inject drugs, don't do it at all, and I know this saying gets annoying, but shooting pills is dangerous, unless you take the proper steps, and even that is still harmful. Best of luck!

I am just curious as to why you would even inject that much Bupe? When it comes to that drug less is more, what I mean by this is at low doses it strangely has full Agonist effects whereas high-dose it only acts as a partial Agonist. Go ahead try it sometime, you will feel more of a buzz off of 1-2mg compared to 24mg. I don't have the specific pharmacology behind it, but I am a witness to this or I should say I'm living proof and others in here can second that.
If you don't know how to properly inject drugs, don't do it at all, and I know this saying gets annoying, but shooting pills is dangerous, unless you take the proper steps, and even that is still harmful. Best of luck!
Thanks, but I already know this, and it supposedly is so because at small amounts of bupe the nor-buprenorphine (full agonist) can activate all the opiate receptors, while at larger amounts, buprenorphine inhibits them.

However I'm not sure this is correct when someone has a huge tolerance. I have used 20 mg daily for something like 8 months and I wouldn't even feel 2 mg.

I hear what your saying, for ME, when I was taking large amounts of Bupe, I would stop taking it, and when I went into sub withdrawal I felt like my tolerance was reset, and when this happened, I took small amounts during the sub withdrawal and I felt it

I hear what your saying, for ME, when I was taking large amounts of Bupe, I would stop taking it, and when I went into sub withdrawal I felt like my tolerance was reset, and when this happened, I took small amounts during the sub withdrawal and I felt it
After how long do go into withdrawal, when you've been using bupe? I almost think I can't get WD, as I stopped for several days once, with no problems.

After how long do go into withdrawal, when you've been using bupe? I almost think I can't get WD, as I stopped for several days once, with no problems.

well, subs take a long time to leave the system anyway, hence why they're used as maintenance tools for tapering and shit, that coupled with what seems like your inherently slow biological clearance rate probably makes it seems like you don't wd - give it like 4-5 days and then see how you feel lol (ツ

that is, unless maybe you aren't addicted? hmnmm

well, subs take a long time to leave the system anyway, hence why they're used as maintenance tools for tapering and shit, that coupled with what seems like your inherently slow biological clearance rate probably makes it seems like you don't wd - give it like 4-5 days and then see how you feel lol (ツ

that is, unless maybe you aren't addicted? hmnmm
As of this moment, I have been on bupe - every day - for approximately 8 months. That means I should be addicted, but perhaps not?

As of this moment, I have been on bupe - every day - for approximately 8 months. That means I should be addicted, but perhaps not?

(ツha no yeah you are 100% dependent on it if that's the case, guess you just have so much built up nto you system and have such a slow clearance rate that it takes you a suppppeeeeeerrrrr long time to noticeably begin to wd? how odd aha

Yeah man just take it as directed. At those high levels (24mg) I'd imagine there's not much difference between ROA. Close to ceiling

My doctor had always told.me, when taking 24mgs daily, it takes about 36hrs to feel withdrawl, or maybe he was talking along the lines of half life?
I know for me, regardless of my dose, it takes two days to start feeling full withdrawal. Yes I feel crappy the next day without, but I pass it off as all mental , I'm not feeling like shit until day two without.