• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health GRRR nothing happens

Godstone30

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, Posting lots at the moment. Feel a bit manic (bipolar but on meds so no THINKING IM JESUS just lots of chatting) I also come from a sensible non drinking family that won't tell anyone I have mental health issues ;P

I have just been put on dexamphetamine 5mg 6 times a day to help ADD. All its done is make me hot an clear my sinuses. Also I forgot my dogs name. Isn't it supposed to make you more motivated and on the ball... Anyone had a similar experience with amphetamines e.g. nothing. Marijuana does nothing to me, Valium at high doses makes me aggressive and hyper, needs double the amount of . Amobarbital to be put to sleep for an operation, I had and dental issues. X just made me thirsty. Psychiatrist said I am fascinating and Drs have called me weird.

I am having a meeting with Dr/pscych next week to see how its going but its not really doing anything. is 5mg low? Will she put me up. PS have never taken amphetamines before but can have two red bulls and feel calm and focused. Not sure if coffee tolerance effects it. Only thing that does anything is about 12 standard drinks and then I feel like dancing and replaced ;p

opinions? I understand in the scheme of thing my drug use is childs play really

Last edited:
Stop taking so much of the Dexedrine at once. I doubt you are actually prescribed it 5-6X a day. Even the people I know who are extremely ADD/ADHD don't take it more than twice a day.

Based on your post it does seem as though the Dexedrine is working, and if you are manic the Dexedrine may not help with that and could make your manic state worse. Yes 5mg is extremely low but you wrote how you are taking 25-30mg in a day and that's a moderate dose.

Talk to your doctors and psychiatrist about this. Dexedrine may not be the right medication for you?

Stop taking so much of the Dexedrine at once. I doubt you are actually prescribed it 5-6X a day. Even the people I know who are extremely ADD/ADHD don't take it more than twice a day.

Based on your post it does seem as though the Dexedrine is working, and if you are manic the Dexedrine may not help with that and could make your manic state worse. Yes 5mg is extremely low but you wrote how you are taking 25-30mg in a day and that's a moderate dose.

Talk to your doctors and psychiatrist about this. Dexedrine may not be the right medication for you?

thank you for your reply.. Definitely says 5mg x 6 a day but psychiatrist said to do what felt good. e.g. let me sleep... 6 doses and slept 8 hours. She gave me tomazapam but I don't like valium or tomazipam as I feel very very aggressive on them
to be honest though I did not tell my Psych that dentist and anithestist have had trouble knocking me out in the past. Had to double my anaesthetic and when having an operation they had to put 1 and3/4 the amount of a normal person my weight of Amobarbital into me to make me fall asleep and I woke up very quickly. So maybe thats why I don't feel anything on normal prescribed drugs. Im assuming one does not fit all norms of prescription

Last edited:
thank you for your reply.. Definitely says 5mg x 6 a day but psychiatrist said to do what felt good. e.g. let me sleep... 6 doses and slept 8 hours. She gave me tomazapam but I don't like valium or tomazipam as I feel very very aggressive on them
to be honest though I did not tell my Psych that dentist and anithestist have had trouble knocking me out in the past. Had to double my anaesthetic and when having an operation they had to put 1 and3/4 the amount of a normal person my weight of Amobarbital into me to make me fall asleep and I woke up very quickly. So maybe thats why I don't feel anything on normal prescribed drugs. Im assuming one does not fit all norms of prescription

You should definitely talk to your doctors and psychs about how drugs effect you differently.

I'm sort of that way too. I was prescribed low doses of Adderall and Dexedrine (not at the same time) for ADD and sometimes I would fall asleep after taking them in the morning before classes, and I could take them in the late afternoon and early evening and I would get some mild euphoria and stimulation sort of like caffeine; but then I would easily be able to sleep at night.

You should definitely talk to your doctors and psychs about how drugs effect you differently.

I'm sort of that way too. I was prescribed low doses of Adderall and Dexedrine (not at the same time) for ADD and sometimes I would fall asleep after taking them in the morning before classes, and I could take them in the late afternoon and early evening and I would get some mild euphoria and stimulation sort of like caffeine; but then I would easily be able to sleep at night.

thanks hun, I really respect the study that psychiatrists and parmacists have had. I love smart people but not fitting the individual on many things the non flexibility of it all makes you want to self medicate. Amazing methadone and endon are available for prescription and marijuana has only just occurred