Joint Pain - Lifting too heavy or Low E2?

basix

Bluelighter
Firstly I'm glad I listened to advice here and tapered up my TRT dose instead of trying a 'cycle' of 250mg/week.

175mg/week Test E puts me at 1400ng/dl Total T, 46ng/dl Free T - this was tested during a trough. Baseline pre TRT was ~250ng/dl.

I'm currently prescribed Test E @ 175mg/week (75mg E3Days), I increased it from 150mg 4 weeks ago.
Plus Aromasin at 18.75mg / week. (6.25mg x 3)

Full bloodwork is here - http://imgur.com/a/pK9KS

I get very few negative side effects at this dose except I'm starting to notice joint pain during/after workouts. I've always had kind of a tennis elbow from computer use that was aggravated from lifting, but it's starting to spread to my other arm and body parts lately.

I have gained a lot of relative strength in a few months. DL / Squat both increased 50+ lbs. Pullups went from 12 -> 20.
I've lost some weight and dropped some BF.

I don't have access to the sensitive E2 test as I'm outside of the US, but the available test shows it's around 35-40 pg/ml. I'm guessing it's around 25-30? in reality, which isn't super low.

Is there other factors that can effect joint / tendon pain?

Thanks.

Could be due to heavier lifting as strength increases, and or poor form, lack of sufficient warm ups and maybe a little dry due to AI..

Thanks GF,

Could an AI directly effect joints or is it just a matter of lowered E2 levels?

As said, it's more than likely the sudden increase in strength. I doubt your body has much experience with changes like that, so it's unable to adequately upregulate collagen production in tendons (which takes months) or hyaluronic acid and cartilage production by chondrocytes in the joints. Just ease up a little and reduce your training frequency for a while. It's also possible your progesterone levels may have fallen a bit (which would affect things) - that doesn't appear to have been tested though.

BTW 175mg isn't intended to be your long-term TRT dose is it? Because I would suggest it's too high and your lipids are already showing signs of trouble. Long-term you'd be wise to keep it no higher than about 100mg or less.

Also, have you had anaemia in the past?

just curious. Are you on any other medications, specifically statins for cholesterol? Your levels are good but was wondering if they are good because you are on something. A lot of people suffer from muscle pain from medications and this could contribute to your issues.

I don't think it has been asked. How old are you?

Edit: Nvm, I see on the blood work you're 31.

I've dislocated my shoulder 3 times now going up weight too fast. I never learn

As said, it's more than likely the sudden increase in strength. I doubt your body has much experience with changes like that, so it's unable to adequately upregulate collagen production in tendons (which takes months) or hyaluronic acid and cartilage production by chondrocytes in the joints. Just ease up a little and reduce your training frequency for a while. It's also possible your progesterone levels may have fallen a bit (which would affect things) - that doesn't appear to have been tested though.

BTW 175mg isn't intended to be your long-term TRT dose is it? Because I would suggest it's too high and your lipids are already showing signs of trouble. Long-term you'd be wise to keep it no higher than about 100mg or less.

Also, have you had anaemia in the past?

Hey CFC, yeah 175mg is temporary - wanted to try a higher dose for a few months for the anabolic effects. Long term will likely drop it back to ~120mg or so.

Anaemia I've never been diagnosed with - it was picked up in a general health checkup when I checked my Test levels back in November which led me to pursue TRT.
Doc ruled out bleeding and low iron / nutrition as causes and didn't look much further into it as I didn't have any specific symptoms. Pre TRT bloodwork is here - http://imgur.com/a/cTS4J.

My lipids weren't much different Pre TRT - I had been eating a strict keto diet at the time which I think messed with them as I'd never had any issues in the past. Actually they are slightly better now.

----

just curious. Are you on any other medications, specifically statins for cholesterol? Your levels are good but was wondering if they are good because you are on something. A lot of people suffer from muscle pain from medications and this could contribute to your issues.

Only other medication is Clonazepam - I was dependent on it for 4 years and am in the final months of a taper off of it.

Anaemia I've never been diagnosed with - it was picked up in a general health checkup when I checked my Test levels back in November which led me to pursue TRT.

I would expect it to improve now you're on TRT. Keep an eye on it.

My lipids weren't much different Pre TRT - I had been eating a strict keto diet at the time which I think messed with them as I'd never had any issues in the past. Actually they are slightly better now.

Ok having looked at the older bloods, I think it's more likely to have been your previously very low E2 that was causing the problem. You'd expect it to come back into normal range now you're on TRT.