• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Tried adderall a few times and now seriously convinced that I have ADD. Advice?

Dabinkov

Greenlighter
So I'm a minor, I'm 15, yes I know I shouldn't be taking adderall but, after seeing how much easier I was able to concentrate and how much better of notes I was taking I thought about it and after reading the symptoms of ADD I really think I have ADD, on top of that every single one of my report cards say that I'm easily distracted and I don't get much work done in class. I don't know how to tell my doctor this without sounding like I'm an addict or sounding like I'm trying to get a RX to sell. Any advice on how to convince him to give me a RX? Seriously would appreciate the help, I'm not addicted considering I haven't had a single dose in 7ish weeks and haven't craved it, I was thinking about it and decided to ask here since this is really the only form where I think I can get legit answers. Please don't judge.

Hi ovely, I live in Aus so we don't have adderall but I thought I had ADD so sourced a psychiatrist that delt with adult add (Im 36). I took an online test to her that I had done that was 90% add result. I also asked my GP to refer me so I didn't pay private (here in Aus we get 70% back with referrals) She diagnosed me with Ultradian bipolar and ADD, after 5 hours of sessions. So we sorted the bipolar out first with mood disorder drugs so I didn't go manic, then dexampehtamine 5 mg 6 times a day. Im a different person. Not hyper. I feel calm level headed and intelligent. No shakes etc. If you have ADD/ADHD dex will make you calm and in control not hyper. Some even feel sleepy until used to it. Do you do well on coffee. My key was feeling calm after drinking red bull ;p

Do you remember what questions where on the online test? Was it a private site? Interesting info, your 36 and got a prescription for dexamphetamines? That's fairly similar to adderall, since both are amphetamines. And treat ADHD